W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renntech ECU + Pully + Dealer =Trouble?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
You said you guys while quoting me. If that's not what you meant to say then sorry. If you worked in the industry then you know it makes a difference. Everyone has free will to do what they want at the end of the day the service advisors are still people just like everyone else and do appreciate a customers gratitude. I have had customers give me money gifts take me to lunch write gratitude letters etc when a customer goes out of the way for you then you do the same for that customer end of story. If you do not wish to do this then don't.
What an amazing story. How did you feel when your customer gave you a cash tip? There must be other industry employees on this board - do you accept tips?

I found a tipping guide at www.tipping.org that provides the following tipping guide. Mechanics and Service Writers do not seem to be on the list.

United States Tipping Guide

Tell a Friend
Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 AM

E55
Skeeter, I took close to an hour to read your entire nightmare. Uh, I think I'm scared into remaining stock....

Last edited by Teflonman; 07-20-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Thanks for more info on the Renntech mods. I agree as well it's not worth the risk for such a low HP increase. Jen I tip a lot of different people not on that list and I have actually even brought gifts for my doctor funny enough. Usually when people ask if I take tips I just say it's not necessary, but some people however insist and some take it offensive if you don't accept their offering. This is no way expected or should you feel obligated I would say 1/100 customers do this and it's usually because of exceptional customer service. How do I feel? I feel like I did a great job and it's a good feeling when a customer shows appreciation for your service.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM

my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
Thanks for more info on the Renntech mods. I agree as well it's not worth the risk for such a low HP increase. Jen I tip a lot of different people not on that list and I have actually even brought gifts for my doctor funny enough. Usually when people ask if I take tips I just say it's not necessary, but some people however insist and some take it offensive if you don't accept their offering. This is no way expected or should you feel obligated I would say 1/100 customers do this and it's usually because of exceptional customer service. How do I feel? I feel like I did a great job and it's a good feeling when a customer shows appreciation for your service.
Jon,

I think it's up to the company to recognize superior performance -- or inferior performance. Tipping a waiter/waitress is different, for they tend to have a small base salary and work for the tips. Service writers and other salesmen make a healthy income, and are not in the waitress income class. I find the idea of tipping anyone at the dealership (except the car wash guy) troubling. I'll continue to shop at Publix.

JK
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Some do some don't I have seen salesmen leave the job to work for $15 an hour elsewhere it's a commission based job and the economy has tanked with over 50% less car sales huge staff reductions hiring freezes and pay cuts on top of the low commission. I don't think I have ever seen a car wash guy get a tip though :| they usually have no contact with customers.