W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have their Valentine custom installed (Video attached)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Jen_Kenne
Do you have a remote mute as well? I have one on the stalk.
The remote mute button is installed on the bottom of the mirror, unless someone wants it somewhere else. Relocating the mute button is pretty simple.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
I personally prefer this radar detector, tuning out the false alerts is priceless.

I also love being able to program in known speedtraps Now if only we could get arrows, GPS, auto learning, and radar detector detector immunity all in one package

Please keep me posted on your progress - I have made up my mind to wait to see what you come up with (in all fairness - you made that decision very easy).

BT
Old 07-24-2009, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Mirror installation

Mounting the display in the mirror is a nice job of integration.

I have a remote display for my Valentine, because I do not want the display visible from outside the car. In the mirror, the display would be as visible as hanging the Valentine on the windshield, near the mirror. Not my cup of tea.

OTOH, I have seen other integrations into the MBZ Command system so that the display is in the Speedometer. This is vastly superior from a stealth perspective.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by Rock
The problem with the set-up is were they mount the receiver (in the rear deck). You loose sensitivity and have absolutely no LASER protection.

Cost is $1500-2000 (for the V1) depending on dealer/install cost.
I respectfully (actually, F**K you and your dumb opinion ) disagree. Seriously, i've had this set up in the last 3 cars and the sensitivity is still plenty strong. As far as laser goes, you don't use the V1 for laser protection anyway - it's just a detector. Goes off to tell you you're going to get a ticket.

I combined this setup with a laser jammer and is integrated into the mirror display. Even if the unit is "off" and I get hit with laser the lights will illuminate and the audio alarm will go off. Very slick.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 AM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
V1 in rearview mirror

What's up folks? We are posting here not to "defend" ourselves but to offer an explanation as to why we are the way we are. We know that we are pricey, but we put a tremendous amount of effort and skill into what we do. Also we package the Blinder M-25/Laser Interceptor system with our V1 installs to offer laser protection as well. This is something that easily take 2 full days to complete, between the cost of parts and labor we don’t feel that we are out of line. As many of you know with every new production model that manufactures introduce new features that often create new obstacles for us to go around, yet we still remain ahead of the curve. Being able to do this is NO simple task. We also offer a lifetime warranty on our labor for as long as you own the car, not too many people can say that. We also look for new things to incorporate in our installs like the Passport 9500CI that you can check out below. If anyone has any question please feel free to contact us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdV6rgkVzU
Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by cte430
I respectfully (actually, F**K you and your dumb opinion ) disagree.
I like the new angry you. No need to show respect on the intenet........dyckhead.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by cte430

(actually, F**K you and your dumb opinion )
Come on! Tell us what you really feel.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by technicarwpb
What's up folks? We are posting here not to "defend" ourselves but to offer an explanation as to why we are the way we are. We know that we are pricey, but we put a tremendous amount of effort and skill into what we do. Also we package the Blinder M-25/Laser Interceptor system with our V1 installs to offer laser protection as well. This is something that easily take 2 full days to complete, between the cost of parts and labor we don’t feel that we are out of line. As many of you know with every new production model that manufactures introduce new features that often create new obstacles for us to go around, yet we still remain ahead of the curve. Being able to do this is NO simple task. We also offer a lifetime warranty on our labor for as long as you own the car, not too many people can say that. We also look for new things to incorporate in our installs like the Passport 9500CI that you can check out below. If anyone has any question please feel free to contact us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdV6rgkVzU
Very cool, nice job.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:32 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
Thanx, we take pride in what we do.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by Rock
I like the new angry you. No need to show respect on the intenet........dyckhead.
Ha Ha. Hope all is well with you.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by technicarwpb
We know that we are pricey <snip.
Nice integration into the mirror. How many hours of work are in the job?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
I did it in my GT3, but as I sell cars and move on, I have found that wiring them is a waste time and I just plug the adapter in the ashtray and hand wire the wire up around the console, through the pillar and into the headlined and it sticks out to the V1, You can't see the wire, plus I change it out with the C too.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:52 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
Beleive it or not the total time spent in the car is about 22hours split between 2 guys.