W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Sometimes I forget

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Sometimes I forget

I drive my E55 every day and become quite used to it. I took a new employee to lunch the other day and was just goosing it onto the onramp and into highway traffic, he says "holy **** this car is fast". The thought through my head was "that wasn't much gas"....hadn't even floored it.

We get off the next exit and are on service road going about 50, he asks if that was as fast as it went back there on the onramp. I floored it and let the rear wiggle a bit for a quick blast to 80....hehehe.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:48 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I apparently had a bad IC pump for 3 months... Just had it fixed and I'd forgotten how fast mine was, too! These things are sick. So glad I bought mine.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by Wryfox
I drive my E55 every day and become quite used to it. I took a new employee to lunch the other day and was just goosing it onto the onramp and into highway traffic, he says "holy **** this car is fast". The thought through my head was "that wasn't much gas"....hadn't even floored it.

We get off the next exit and are on service road going about 50, he asks if that was as fast as it went back there on the onramp. I floored it and let the rear wiggle a bit for a quick blast to 80....hehehe.
I know exactly how you feel. People are always asking for a ride in my car.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Honda

great story!!!!!!! lol
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
I always love a reminder

Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
with my setup... I rarely get to push 4k rpms.

Sometimes I forget how much pull it has once it hits that engine speed.

I'm usually with the family and rarely drive my E.

In C mode and around town, I'm always being told my by 7 year boy.. "Dad, slow down and don't waste gas"!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:28 PM

05 E55, 08 S63, 09 GL450
Nice one Wryfox...I like the way the engine sound becomes more throatal and aggressive after a hard drive. Did not realise my on-ramp was that steep until I had a rental for a few weeks...
Old 08-04-2009, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Did not realise my on-ramp was that steep until I had a rental for a few weeks...
+1

It's funny how that is - mine is not a DD so luckily I get a smile every time I turn the key. What cracks me up the most is normal throttle away from the stop light, look in the rear view mirror and no-ones even close! A friend of mine who use to have a modded WRX (and I sold my RC-51 to him) is prone to pushing it while driving - he asked to get behind the wheel and take it for a spin - knowing what was coming next - I said sure but I have to show you something first: side street - no cars - complete stop - Traction control off - pedal to the floor - as most of you know - this leads to a turret like state for the unitiated as the car is violently moving to the ditch on the other side of the road. Come to a stop - the hyperventilating ceases - he gets behind the wheel and won't take it past 3500 rpms. Gets out and says:"that may be the fastest car I've ever driven"