Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I get taken?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
when a vehicle is sold in the PA or NJ area, "as is", it is exactly that..."as is". however, i have sold vehicles "as is" that turned out to be a problem child. sometimes its cheaper for a dealer to take cash out of pocket, and just pay the repair bill, than it is to fight it in court. vehicles bought "as is" at a dealer have more leverage than vehicles bought at an auction. ive seen 15k bills paid, no questions asked, when a lawyer comes into play. good luck OP, you seem to have a decent sized mess on your hands. i say find an independent shop, and get a price to return it to stock, or maybe even upgrade. a nine thousand dollar bill is insane, even at a dealer. i think my place is currently 125 an hour, plus the parts markup. im sure you could have it done for less than half of that on the outside.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:49 AM

W209 500
Originally Posted by sack5000
Did all this really happen? It sounds contrived (made-up) to me.
This is off topic but three **** girl LMAO
Sorry, I had to point it out.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 AM

E63 AMG
talk to a lawyer man. Calling the headquarter "might" get you somewhere but who really knows. Agree wtih what someone said earlier, be TACTFUL and hopefully you will get a decent response.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 cl55 amg Renntech air box w/ K&N's LET 180 pulley & Tune, HE & Pump, 3'' Exhaust res/cat delete
Did u have someone at manheim check The car post sale. Anytime I buy a car above a certain price I always let them check it first. Espically if it's for myself. I think it's $110 per car then u would of definately been able to arbitrate it. Due to hat you didn't buy it from the dealer and u nougt it at a dealer auction you might get stuck with it as is espically if they had the caustion light on. I hope not I'm rooting for you. But just some fyi
Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Just a perfect story for everyone who throws Manheim numbers around. When you buy a car at Manheim and dont opt for a $180 14day post sale inspection this is what you get. You saved $180 to spend $6000 on brakes. And to tell you the truth, they disclosed after market brakes so you dont have a leg to stand on. As soon as I saw after market brakes, I would have paid someone to go out and look tha car over for me if I was unable to get there. The fact you went, picked it up, drove several miles, owned a previous one and never saw the puny E320 brakes is all on you. They never report after market brakes on cars like CSTVs and AMGs because they know they have factory Brembros. So that should have been a flag. Sounds like you were buying from a wholsaler who knew nothing about MBs a well which is another no no. Tough lesson.

Oh and to answer the question from the OP, yes you got taken but by no ones fault but yourself!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
This is an OLD dead thread. It died here months ago and it died on the AMG PL. I think the OP died, too. He complained everywhere and then just disappeared..... like this stupid thread should do.