W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Possible Dates for MIR Rental

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 06:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Possible Dates for MIR Rental

I would like to get some opinions for a big winter MIR rental. As of right now the best date looks like December 5th with a December 6th backup date. MIR has events every sunday until then. If we want to do it a couple weekes earlier it would have to be a saturday and we can't have the next day as a backup date. As always we will have both lanes and heads up racing. This is where records will fall once again. So what does everyone think? The date is not set in stone as I would like to see how everyone else feels. As always, the one thing that worries me is weather *fingers crossed*

I hope some of the west coast guys can make it out this year.

Those that have been to previous rentals know its alot of fun and a friendly environment. Leave the drama at home
Old 08-17-2009 | 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Is Jrcart comming? JK
+100 on the drama.
Old 08-17-2009 | 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
those dates tentatively look good for me...but it's not worth my time or investment to go out there if i have to deal with the threats and insults i received before the famoso event from mhp. if i can round up enough people to share the cost of an auto transport and i don't have to worry about andy and his groupies i will plan on attending.
Old 08-17-2009 | 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by chiromikey
those dates tentatively look good for me...but it's not worth my time or investment to go out there if i have to deal with the threats and insults i received before the famoso event from mhp. if i can round up enough people to share the cost of an auto transport and i don't have to worry about andy and his groupies i will plan on attending.
Either you'll come, or I'll punch you in the ear. Wait, that qualifies as a.....ahh nevermind.

Ahmad, thinking about running the R500 this time. If I only had a new toy to run instead.....

You know I'm in, even if I have to hoof it down the track. Who wants to foot race me in the 1/4?
Old 08-17-2009 | 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Is Jrcart comming? JK
+100 on the drama.
I dunno but he can come as long as he doesn't bring any drama with him.
Originally Posted by chiromikey
You dont have to worry about anything. Anyone that starts trouble will be asked to leave. You gotta come out here!!! We all picked the wrong platforms to be goin fast I can't even get my car tuned!
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Either you'll come, or I'll punch you in the ear. Wait, that qualifies as a.....ahh nevermind.

Ahmad, thinking about running the R500 this time. If I only had a new toy to run instead.....

You know I'm in, even if I have to hoof it down the track. Who wants to foot race me in the 1/4?
Yea right Clayton. Run the new toy!!!

I knew you'd be down
Old 08-17-2009 | 10:25 PM

2019 s560 sedan
if its on the east coast count me in for sure .
Old 08-17-2009 | 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I can't make it...I am probably getting married that day...

Tom
Old 08-17-2009 | 10:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
if its on the east coast count me in for sure .
I'm sorry I should have been more clear. MIR is in Maryland www.mirdrag.com Look forward to meeting you
Originally Posted by TMC M5

Tom
Are you serious?
Old 08-17-2009 | 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I'm sorry I should have been more clear. MIR is in Maryland www.mirdrag.com Look forward to meeting you

Are you serious?
Yup...at least that is plan until I am told otherwise (it goes with the "just tell me the time and place to show up")...so when you are going down the track...I will be going down the aisle...should I do a burnout???

Tom
Old 08-18-2009 | 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Are girls invited?
Old 08-18-2009 | 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I would like to get some opinions for a big winter MIR rental. As of right now the best date looks like December 5th with a December 6th backup date. MIR has events every sunday until then. If we want to do it a couple weekes earlier it would have to be a saturday and we can't have the next day as a backup date. As always we will have both lanes and heads up racing. This is where records will fall once again. So what does everyone think? The date is not set in stone as I would like to see how everyone else feels. As always, the one thing that worries me is weather *fingers crossed*

I hope some of the west coast guys can make it out this year.

Those that have been to previous rentals know its alot of fun and a friendly environment. Leave the drama at home
Those dates tentatively look good for me also.

Mike, how many car are you looking to get for this event? What kind of cost are we looking at for transportation and where would we meet? More than likely I would transport my car to you and meet you guys in Maryland. I would definitely need to look at the total cost before fully committing but things are definitely looking good.

Originally Posted by BENZGal
Are girls invited?
Only girls with fast Renntech MB's that will go sub 11's..... I hope you could make it Angela!!!! It would be great to have 3 10 second 1/4 mile cars representing the West coast.

Why don't you try and make Sacramento on August 4th? It would be a blast to see everyone again. BTW...my wife gave me a kitchen pass to play with my "little friends" .
Old 08-18-2009 | 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
i'm in
Old 08-18-2009 | 01:26 AM

A Prius because I'm green

Tom
Have the wedding there
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
i know i saw yes all the time and never make it, im still ganna say yes and try to make it this time. count me in.
Old 08-18-2009 | 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Ahmad, is there any chance you can move the date a little bit later? I was hoping the MIR rental would be very early in early November like it was last year or possibly mid December..... we were supposed to have another Famoso event possibly mid November and then again on January 9th. I would like people to have enough time between Famoso and MIR especially if they plan to ship their cars from here. However, it's not really a big deal if you can't move it, as I'm sure we'll be able to work around it at some point
Old 08-18-2009 | 09:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Yup...at least that is plan until I am told otherwise (it goes with the "just tell me the time and place to show up")...so when you are going down the track...I will be going down the aisle...should I do a burnout???

Tom
Wow congrats!!! Don't do a burnout, I don't think the wifey will like that
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Are girls invited?
Duh, I already invited you!
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Those dates tentatively look good for me also.

Mike, how many car are you looking to get for this event? What kind of cost are we looking at for transportation and where would we meet? More than likely I would transport my car to you and meet you guys in Maryland. I would definitely need to look at the total cost before fully committing but things are definitely looking good.

Only girls with fast Renntech MB's that will go sub 11's..... I hope you could make it Angela!!!! It would be great to have 3 10 second 1/4 mile cars representing the West coast.

Why don't you try and make Sacramento on August 4th? It would be a blast to see everyone again. BTW...my wife gave me a kitchen pass to play with my "little friends" .
Cool, hope you can make it.
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i'm in

Originally Posted by mthis
i know i saw yes all the time and never make it, im still ganna say yes and try to make it this time. count me in.
Lol, hopefully you can make it this time.
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Ahmad, is there any chance you can move the date a little bit later? I was hoping the MIR rental would be very early in early November like it was last year or possibly mid December..... we were supposed to have another Famoso event possibly mid November and then again on January 9th. I would like people to have enough time between Famoso and MIR especially if they plan to ship their cars from here. However, it's not really a big deal if you can't move it, as I'm sure we'll be able to work around it at some point
Move it later? The problem with later is the longer we wait the more the track will have been rained on and possibly snowed on without any prep because the racing season is over. The later it gets, the chance of snow/ice also increases and the weather may even be too cold to run at all. Last year MIR's schedule was different and we got the first available weekend. This year they are running longer into the year hence the later rental date. It all depends on what everyone says, if the majority want to push it back or move it up earlier (has to be a saturday then) then thats what I will do. Either way we shouldn't have a problem getting the number of cars we need, I may actually have to cap off the number so people can get as many runs as they want.

Here is the 09 schedule http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/schedule/

Last edited by blackbenzz; 08-18-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
whats MIR?
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
whats MIR?
A Russian space station...

Tom
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Have the wedding there
I will be 4,600 miles from there...

Tom
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
A Russian space station...

Tom
OK cool I thought he was referring to Frank Mir, I guess if this is taking place in space at MIR I will definitely be in attendance
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
OK cool I thought he was referring to Frank Mir, I guess if this is taking place in space at MIR I will definitely be in attendance
Are you sure...they might not serve vodka...

Tom
Old 08-18-2009 | 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Are you sure...they might not serve vodka...

Tom
dude you should know who youre dealing with, I roll prepared always!!

Old 08-18-2009 | 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
dude you should know who youre dealing with, I roll prepared always!!

Wow...for a second I thought that looked like some sort of jock strap with a feeding tube....

Tom
Old 08-18-2009 | 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
I am in for the 5th or the 6th. I will be a crew man... any body wants to hire me...Jay? Ahmad? Sorry Tom...I would have been able to help you but you will be at the wedding having more fun than us.
Old 08-18-2009 | 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I am in for the 5th or the 6th. I will be a crew man... any body wants to hire me...Jay? Ahmad? Sorry Tom...I would have been able to help you but you will be at the wedding having more fun than us.
Didn't you trade the CL65 for an E55? Why not run that?

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Possible Dates for MIR Rental