W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I get a count of members near San Diego?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Can I get a count of members near San Diego?

I'm curious how many enthusiasts we have in the area. It seams that there are more and more AMGs here (SD) and on the forum of late.

The reason I ask is that there is talk of setting up a facility in SD / Carlsbad that will have a few tracks (twisty and straight). Moderate facilities, like a few open bays with lifts and air (for tools), and a dyno (in 2010). Events will include anything from driving go carts to 1/4 mile drags. Autocross, car clubs, etc. One of the sponsors rents out exotic cars for road rallys and fun. Another sells exotics, so there will be a few events each year to market a new car or whatever as well.

I am excited because it is close and is within a few miles of the pacific ocean, so the temperatures will remain fairly consistent.....
Old 09-11-2009, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laguna Niguel
Old 09-11-2009, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
You know me. But I'll me moving to Southern Orange County sometime next year, still close enough though.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
It maybe difficult to get a count based on location but please give more info on this new facility
Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The main cost and so effort now is the land itself. There is a plot of land that is large but hilly, so no building on it and the owner has no idea what to do with it. If a reasonable lease can be got, the other costs are minimal, consider the number of people involved.

I already know it will have a bigger plot than Qualcom stadium, since many of those weekly autocross and car meets will be moving there and the intention is to have a 1/4mile and 2 road tracks at start.

Our costs will be minimal, since the first year or so will get booked to clubs and dealers exclusively and I will be getting us in as a free club (maybe pay minimal fees). After the first year, or actually 2010, I have no idea.

We can have pretty open use of the "shop" area, but I'm not sure what dyno access will cost as it is leased and for another project. It is just being put there to bring business.

I'll find out more. For now it is just an idea that has gotten some money.