Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
drove the 2010 e63. amazing car

Hey guys.
Went to amg academy and I spent a lot of time in the 2010e63
Comin from an 06 e55 owner it hurts to say that the new one is not only better but
Its 10 times better. I'm gonna wait for the 2011 and def get one.

By the way the amg academy is awesome guys. Do it if you can.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
What is better?
Old 09-12-2009, 12:50 PM

CTS-V
Originally Posted by jangy
What is better?
Yes. Please tell us more.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I am curious about the tranny and am sure that portion is a massive upgrade. I just don't see what else is so GREAT. The interior looks like my C350. The motor is still an underachieving 6.2L NA. And it still has the Audi accents and Hyundai rear end.

Any new car will have more toys and I know the W212 will have those, but NOTHING will be better until it has a better powertrain.

Hell an S550 is "better".
Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 PM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
Handling, tranny, exhaust sound are all better I imagine. Cmon, it is nicer inside than a c class too. Sure, it looks similar on the inside, but it is a few notches nicer. Visually, the front end is sick. Side profile has great lines. The somewhat flared fenders in the rear remind me of the S class which I like. What I think is really really sad are the rubbish Non PP wheels. Shameful from what Ive seen so far. Plus, the fact that it has airride in the back and steel in the front might make suspenson mods more of an undertaking and ultimately $$$, and it rides pretty damn high from pics ive looked at, but we ll see. Oh, and the fact that the engine remains virtualy unchanged. I m suspicious of another engine change like the 55/63 but this time to a turbo...

Last edited by g.smiley; 09-12-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I am curious about the tranny and am sure that portion is a massive upgrade. I just don't see what else is so GREAT. The interior looks like my C350. The motor is still an underachieving 6.2L NA. And it still has the Audi accents and Hyundai rear end.

Any new car will have more toys and I know the W212 will have those, but NOTHING will be better until it has a better powertrain.

Hell an S550 is "better".
This is why the 63 folks get riled up. For an NA engine this power plant is far from what you describe. It can readily keep up with your car, perhaps you meant to say it in a different way , like you wan't a power plant that is significantly more powerful?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by juicee63
This is why the 63 folks get riled up. For an NA engine this power plant is far from what you describe. It can readily keep up with your car, perhaps you meant to say it in a different way , like you wan't a power plant that is significantly more powerful?
I think what he meant to say was that they could easily squeeze a hell of a lot more power out of it if they strapped some kind of charger to it, turbo/super. At least that's what I'm waiting for AMG to do.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:01 PM

997.2 GT3
It seems you believe the 5.4 supercharged engine is "better" than the 6.2. Following your logic then E55 > CLK63 BS?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Are you kidding me? Get riled up. How on earth can you say a 63 will stay with a modded 55? Josh, the folks can get riled up. I've even tried to work with them on real mods but not much has happened. I have never blamed the motor or the owners. If there are no mods for you then what else can you say? It is a 12 second car when stock. It is still pretty much a 12 second car with the battery removed. Also, lets please not start the NOS crap again. 55ks have been on NOS as well. Name another 6.2 liter that isn't in the neighborhood? How is it NOT underachieving? I say that only because I feel that much displacement has potential. It will happen. Either MBwill do it or a member here will but until it does, the 63 can't be considered nearly as agressive as the 55k.

No Josh, I didn't mean anything different. I meant that a new AMG that will try to pull $100K out of my wallet should be able to spank my now 4 year old car and it doesn't. Even if my car were stock, it is sad that a new generation is at best equal. There was no such lag in power from the W210 to the W211.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Point2Point
It seems you believe the 5.4 supercharged engine is "better" than the 6.2. Following your logic then E55 > CLK63 BS?

All day everyday. I only think the 5.4L SC is better because we can get much more out of it. If mods were available for the 63 that could touch 600hp to the floor and at least 500Tq to the floor, then I would love that motor.

Regardless, any E > any C and that includes CLKs.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
I think what he meant to say was that they could easily squeeze a hell of a lot more power out of it if they strapped some kind of charger to it, turbo/super. At least that's what I'm waiting for AMG to do.
Correct! For $100K in this economy, I expected more from MB than to simply trickle down a few gadgets from the S and a larger body from the C. What is unique about this E? The W212 is WEAK and simply a copy cat which I have not seen from MB since the introduction of the C. Now, the E is diluted too. All that is left is the S. If that becomes old tech as well, them MB is done.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by g.smiley
Cmon, it is nicer inside than a c class too. Sure, it looks similar on the inside, but it is a few notches nicer....

Ok, I'll give it to ya. It is a "few notches nicer" than a C class. LOL!! When could you have ever said that before? Compare the W203 to the W211 and it isn't even close. Now, the 2 practically share a chassis.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:17 PM

E 63 // Porsche 930 // Porsche 993
What I don't like about ANY of the new E-class cars is that they seem to still be using Chrysler parts. Seriously, look at the taillights, they are almost identical to the midsize Chryslers (I think Sebring, if I recall well)
Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Are you kidding me? Get riled up. How on earth can you say a 63 will stay with a modded 55? Josh, the folks can get riled up. I've even tried to work with them on real mods but not much has happened. I have never blamed the motor or the owners. If there are no mods for you then what else can you say? It is a 12 second car when stock. It is still pretty much a 12 second car with the battery removed. Also, lets please not start the NOS crap again. 55ks have been on NOS as well. Name another 6.2 liter that isn't in the neighborhood? How is it NOT underachieving? I say that only because I feel that much displacement has potential. It will happen. Either MBwill do it or a member here will but until it does, the 63 can't be considered nearly as agressive as the 55k.

No Josh, I didn't mean anything different. I meant that a new AMG that will try to pull $100K out of my wallet should be able to spank my now 4 year old car and it doesn't. Even if my car were stock, it is sad that a new generation is at best equal. There was no such lag in power from the W210 to the W211.

To subtract the super charger and stay equal is not underachieveing. That is quite a BIG achievement.

In stock form the cars are very equal and the 6.2 combined with the 7 speed is as smooth as it gets.

whilst you are entitled to your opinion please do not make me post up the video of your car getting waxed by a heavier CLS 63 in stock form at Fontana. We also ran head to head a bunch of times and you certainly did not destroy my underachieving 63.

If you lost the use of your super charger could you keep up with this N/A platform?

You are more than welcome to come out to Famoso or Fontana with your heavily modded beast and race some 63's . I will take the bottle out of Rick's car and we shall see how your car stacks up..
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Ok, I'll give it to ya. It is a "few notches nicer" than a C class. LOL!! When could you have ever said that before? Compare the W203 to the W211 and it isn't even close. Now, the 2 practically share a chassis.

The 212 C-Coupe...........I mean E-Coupe IS on the 204 chassis.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Thumbs up

To subtract the super charger and stay equal is not underachieveing. That is quite a BIG achievement.

In stock form the cars are very equal and the 6.2 combined with the 7 speed is as smooth as it gets.

whilst you are entitled to your opinion please do not make me post up the video of your car getting waxed by a heavier CLS 63 in stock form at Fontana. We also ran head to head a bunch of times and you certainly did not destroy my underachieving 63.

If you lost the use of your super charger could you keep up with this N/A platform?

You are more than welcome to come out to Famoso or Fontana with your heavily modded beast and race some 63's . I will take the bottle out of Rick's car and we shall see how your car stacks up..

Excellent post Juice Awaiting reply from Jangy
Old 09-12-2009, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Ouch....... this maybe good to get people back out to the drags

Jangy vs RARFinancial vs Juicee63

Now, we need a sound clip then a video clip
Old 09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
By adding almost a liter and giving up half the TQ, OK. If the 55k was not a TQ monster, it would have nothing to brag about.

True, the 7g is smoother. If by very equal you mean that the 63 is 3/10ths slower in the 1/4mile STOCK, then true. Also, I rarely see a stock 55k at the track. Most have a stage 1 minimum and that is an added 50hp and 50TQ to the floor.

There is a single video of me losing to a 63 on the first day that I ever went to Fontana. Even in that video, my car had the better ET. After rick taught me to jump the tree, I do not remember another loss to a 63 all day. You may not accept it as destroy, but we hot lapped at the end and all you did was lose, no? Is being consistently faster, even by a small margin, not something to brag of? Don't forget the only reason my car was chosen for that day was because I was 100% stock. Much has changed since then. Do you wanna race for pinks? No, I didn't think so.

Not a chance. So what? Point being MB provided the SC. Other than that and by theiory, I prefer the 63 block anyday.

Why does it need to be Rick's car? We are talking 63 vs 55k, not my car vs yours. Is this another round of Jcarts 63 and how the "bottle" gets removed?

We already saw how Rick's car stacks up against a slew of stage 5 55ks. Is allof that just fantasy to you?

I turn into the 63 hater because the reality goes away. Yes, we are debating over subtle differences since both are power houses in their own rights but what part of reality do you not like? Fom a technology perspective, sure whatever. i am speaking reality. If i could buy a 63 and mod it as I did the 55k, then I would. But I can't yet. It is no knock on the 63 or the owners. It is simple facts. The mods are simply not there yet.

Look at the big picture. We are sitting here watching some of the fastest times out of modded and stock 55ks. Has a 63 come close to those times? If it has then you have a point. You are a lover of timeslips as much as anyone so compare and contrast and then be honest.

For everyone else to know, Josh is a good friend so please do not turn this thread into slosh. If you have a true point to make about the 55k or the 63, post it up but please no just hate.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Ouch....... this maybe good to get people back out to the drags

Jangy vs RARFinancial vs Juicee63

Now, we need a sound clip then a video clip
Rick and I can go for a ride in SD. I know his is the fastest 63 out there.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Rick and I can go for a ride in SD. I know his is the fastest 63 out there.
Common Jangy, you have to join us for Sacramento this winter or at least Famoso...... we'll have history in the making across all models
Old 09-12-2009, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Why does it need to be Rick's car? We are talking 63 vs 55k, not my car vs yours. Is this another round of Jcarts 63 and how the "bottle" gets removed?

We already saw how Rick's car stacks up against a slew of stage 5 55ks. Is allof that just fantasy to you?

I turn into the 63 hater because the reality goes away. Yes, we are debating over subtle differences since both are power houses in their own rights but what part of reality do you not like? Fom a technology perspective, sure whatever. i am speaking reality. If i could buy a 63 and mod it as I did the 55k, then I would. But I can't yet. It is no knock on the 63 or the owners. It is simple facts. The mods are simply not there yet.

Look at the big picture. We are sitting here watching some of the fastest times out of modded and stock 55ks. Has a 63 come close to those times? If it has then you have a point. You are a lover of timeslips as much as anyone so compare and contrast and then be honest.

For everyone else to know, Josh is a good friend so please do not turn this thread into slosh. If you have a true point to make about the 55k or the 63, post it up but please no just hate.

Jangy sorry if I upset you.
From all of my experience and battles on the track I simply do not see a significant difference in performance in the 1/4 mile in stock form.

I guess from your point of view this makes the engine an underachiever while from mine I see it as an achievement.

The fact that the heavier CLS 63 kept up with you in stock form should be enough for you to realize the output albeit different is at the very lease equal.

I agree with you 100% on the mod factor but once again a heavily modded 55 can TRUMP all benz platforms including the V12 TT, even stock SLR's could be dispatched. So to say the 6.2 is underachieving seems a bit overstated.

I do believe Keith's car would keep up with a stage 5 E55. I also believe Jrcart could stay with the stage 5 cars as evidenced from his track time at Famoso. He ran as fast off the bottle as any heavily modded 55 including SAL who at the time had the best trap to date of any SL.

Once the path has been paved you will see the 6.2 with bolt on mods keep up quite well. The 55 took alot of time and failures by tuners and owners to achieve the current level of performance, this is no different a path for the 6.2
Old 09-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Common Jangy, you have to join us for Sacramento this winter or at least Famoso...... we'll have history in the making across all models
I will, bro. If only for the fun. I want to make it to Famosa to be with the AMG Team, Sac town to see Alan, and Phoenix at least once each this season. Mine won't be for history, but it will be fun. One of these days I will talk Rick out of NOS and into boost. Then, the 63 will take off. I just wish he didn't get so burned on the first attempt....
Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy sorry if I upset you.
Nothing for either to be upset about. We are enthusiasts and just talking smack.

From all of my experience and battles on the track I simply do not see a significant difference in performance in the 1/4 mile in stock form.

I guess from your point of view this makes the engine an underachiever while from mine I see it as an achievement.
Point of view is all. Different perspectives.

The fact that the heavier CLS 63 kept up with you in stock form should be enough for you to realize the output albeit different is at the very lease equal.
It is. I already said we are talking minute differences. The 55k has TQ, but both have comparable power. Both put about 420hp to the floor.

I agree with you 100% on the mod factor but once again a heavily modded 55 can TRUMP all benz platforms including the V12 TT, even stock SLR's could be dispatched. So to say the 6.2 is underachieving seems a bit overstated.
Here is the only difference I see. The V12TTs and the SLR can be modded to never let the 55k catch up. As is, that is not available for the 63. That's it.

I do believe Keith's car would keep up with a stage 5 E55. I also believe Jrcart could stay with the stage 5 cars as evidenced from his track time at Famoso. He ran as fast off the bottle as any heavily modded 55 including SAL who at the time had the best trap to date of any SL.
I won't get into what Jcart ran. If you believe it, great. But, then go back and look at the same data set and note that NOS didn't "help" him much. Why wouldn't a 150 shot make a difference? Now we get into faults and tunes and crap. Let it be. Any car strapped with NOS is juiced. Screw the watch me take the bottle out. If you cheat as is, what good does showing me that you take your spare ace out of your sleeves do? I will always assume there is another ace / bottle somewhere. I don't know Keith. Apparently, his 63 runs faster than Rick's since you didn't go there.

Once the path has been paved you will see the 6.2 with bolt on mods keep up quite well. The 55 took alot of time and failures by tuners and owners to achieve the current level of performance, this is no different a path for the 6.2
Now we agree 100%. That is all I have always said. It is unfair to the 63 platform to be compared to the 55k stage 5 since there simply is no option. Separate yourself from the engineering aspect. Again, block for block, yes I take the 6.2 anyday. To even be honest if I were to go through it all agin now, it would be with a 63 because I do believe that tuning is coming. I just don't see any leaders that i would want to school with yet. I don't mean members with cars. i mean tuners with a story to tell. None are interesting yet. It is still a very elitist group with little to no action and that is pretty disgusting sitting here. We may make fun of the MB taxes, but an E55k can easily gain 50/50 with a $2500 stage. Can a 63? For $2500 you may get an airbox that may or may not even add power.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
We may make fun of the MB taxes, but an E55k can easily gain 50/50 with a $2500 stage. Can a 63? For $2500 you may get an airbox that may or may not even add power.
I agreed with you up until the above statement, which I believe is a little out of context. When the E55 was first released, a stage 1 only netted 45 hp and cost nearly $4k. In comparison, a stage 1 E63 (headers and tune) would net you also 45 hp but for only $3k. Beyond stage 1, there are practically no other mods shown to add any power yet for the 63. But soon, I expect a few goodies: bigger displacement, cams, better intake system, etc....

It took 7 years for the 55k mods to drop that much.... Given that the 63 platform is harder to mod, I expect it'll take at least 7 years before prices drop to that level.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I agreed with you up until the above statement, which I believe is a little out of context. When the E55 was first released, a stage 1 only netted 45 hp and cost nearly $4k.
I am only talking about today. I agree that the evolution will be similar. The point is that TODAY you can take a 55k and throw $5k into it and have a pretty fast ride. Put $5k into the 63 today and you get little in comparison.

The airbox is a perfect example. When it came out for the 55k, it was upwards of $3k and actually LOST power! Later versions dropped to about $2k and gained some power. Now, they are much cheaper than the 63 one and why?

At any rate, i think we are debating different scenarios. You and Josh are talking more theory and history and i am more talking today in SoCal. In the end, we all drive what we like and like what we drive.

Last thing. Isn't it funny that cooling upgrades for the 55k have gone from about $3k to just over $1k and yet there there isn't a single 63 that has one. Do they heat soak? You tell me. I saw the setup that was intended for Rick's car and the cooling was sweet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: drove the 2010 e63. amazing car