Cayenne Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Nope....

VW has already intimated the Panamera and Cayenne are toast at the end of their current product cycle to 2017. So its well into the future and things may change but I think VW want Porsche to be more sportscar focused rather than a company that makes all cars sporty.

VW and P are very closely related - literally. Competing with each other in the same ranges may not make sense... But then again, if you are not going to buy a Cayenne Turbo - you are not going to buy a Touareg - you are looking at a BMW and RR ... so maybe they have got this wrong

The BMW X5 has by far the best handling - I actually think it handles better than my E55!!!! and I have heard the X6 handles even better!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
If he's leasing, what difference does it matter if the cayenne gets killed? He'll have a warranty and he should be set, no? I would agree with you if he were buying.

Also, i've had hot laps in the turbo at porsche driving school by a pro and it is unreal what that truck can do on the track. After that, they take you into the woods and although i'm not an off-road guy, it seemed pretty impressive there as well.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Yep - if you take financing into account - that makes sense. I have no doubt the Cayenne is a great car, I just dont quite see the stretch from a SUV to sports car ... its enough of a stretch for me in with my E to think its a sports car - when I drive it I know it - when I look at it - it really could pass as a pretty German Taxi.... even though we know its not.

A not so funny episode when I stopped outside my (now ex) work offices - (ok the car did not have the 19's or lowered) - some bloke on the side walk asked me if I was his ride to the airport....

My friend often asks me how my taxi is

Have to say buyers remourse kicked in hard right there... but a few mods later and I was chipper.

Geting back to the Cayenne I just cannot get my head to accept it as a sports car .... even though it is ... isn't ... I give up!.

Last edited by stevebez; 09-15-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by stevebez
Yep - if you take financing into account - that makes sense. I have no doubt the Cayenne is a great car, I just dont quite see the stretch from a SUV to sports car ... its enough of a stretch for me in with my E to think its a sports car - when I drive it I know it - when I look at it - it really could pass as a pretty German Taxi.... even though we know its not.

A not so funny episode when I stopped outside my (now ex) work offices - (ok the car did not have the 19's or lowered) - some bloke on the side walk asked me if I was his ride to the airport....

My friend often asks me how my taxi is

Have to say buyers remourse kicked in hard right there... but a few mods later and I was chipper.

Geting back to the Cayenne I just cannot get my head to accept it as a sports car .... even though it is ... isn't ... I give up!.
I happen to agree with you about the whole "sporty" SUV thing. Not my bag.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Guys - I am not in the least bit pretending it or any other SUV is a sports car. I am not taking it to the track. Heck, I never pretended the E55 was a sports car either.

I got accustomed to the high seating position and comfort of my SUV's. I am getting an SUV with power, the ability to get home in the snow, and storage capacity in a package that is not Escaladish in size. That the car drives smaller than it is and handles, well, "sporty", is a plus.

I appreciate all the points here.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by enzom
Guys - I am not in the least bit pretending it or any other SUV is a sports car. I am not taking it to the track. Heck, I never pretended the E55 was a sports car either.

I got accustomed to the high seating position and comfort of my SUV's. I am getting an SUV with power, the ability to get home in the snow, and storage capacity in a package that is not Escaladish in size. That the car drives smaller than it is and handles, well, "sporty", is a plus.

I appreciate all the points here.
ahh you know how we tend to go overboard on here
Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM

2011 Lexus IS-F.....2009 Nissan GT -R
I personally owned the Jeep SRT8. Just traded it in on a Lexus GX470. I will say I'm on the fence with the Jeep. Yes, it's is extremely fast and handles as well as my Lexus IS. However, it is no BMW or Lexus for that matter. It's very rough riding due to the stock Bilsteins. It rattles, it's noisy inside (but the exhaust sounds awesome), and at about 80mph or over on a windy day, you can here the wind creep thru the doors. But, it's mops the floor with a lot of sports cars. I can say at 140mph, it still feels safe.

The Lexus GX470 rides like a dream, but I sure miss the fun. Sacrifices.