Add me to the list of Eurocharged/L.E.T. tuned V12TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
You do realize that you are simply adding another issue/inconsistency with ANY dyno do you not

I agree 100% that dyno numbers are just that, AKA NUMBERS. The real meat and potatoes are earned at the track where HP/Torque rule.

With that being said Marcus, just what will your new trigging system prove or corect. It will simply be another change in parameters that will have to be manipulated my friend by any and all that agree with you.

Bottom line is dyno's are for seeing if your mods are going in a positive or negative direction. The numbers they generate DO NOT MEAN A THING IN THE REAL WORLD. Sorry, I just had to do that in caps as I really dislike DYNO queens/bragging rights. I have not, nor ever will agree that they are reproduceable from dyno to dyno. I might add nor do I care.

On a final note, this is why I seldom Dyno ANY of my toys IMHO. Show me a time slip ANYDAY over a computer snap shot
It definitely seems as though we are seeing higher and higher numbers on various dyno machines. I'm not sure if it's a product of better hardware, software, operator, dyno machine, or all of the above. Time and time again we have seen outstanding numbers but very little time slips backing them up. Hopefully with the cooler weather more people will start posting.

In the end, like you said, dyno's aren't used for bragging rights but more of a point of reference and a tool for tuning.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Talking with a few local guys I think the problem with DD is that it offers that torque reading from the rear wheels instead of from an actual RPM signal (I know it's not the only dyno that does that)... and especially with these TQ happy cars I honestly think it throws off the readings a lot (it usually inflates them). m
I had always assumed that the DD took a RPM reading thru the OBD port and thats how they got the TQ numbers on a V12tt. This is interesting news Marcus, thanks. I wonder if its the same method that the DJ uses as well? Here is a case and point of an over inflated dyno, not only on HP but grossly miscalculated TQ You can see they didnt have a RPM lead by the mph at the bottom of the dyno. This is Renntech S600 with 100oct tune that "only" trapped 119mph in decent air. Now I think we can all agree that these numbers dont "add up"