W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Dynamic seats mysteriously stop working. Exhaust leak.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
HELP! Dynamic seats mysteriously stop working. Exhaust leak.

I've had this happen quite a few times. Just driving along and I go to turn on th edynamic seats or make an adjustment, and the control panel is dead. The LED's don't even light up for pulse or dynamic, and none of the adjustments work, though the main adjustments on the dorr function just fine. As soon as I turn off the car and restart it all is well for about half an hour to a couple of hours. All fuses are good, and I'm not sure what else to check. Anyone else ever experienced this?

Also, I have a small exhaust leak that developed after driving for about 3.5 hours. It sounds like it's in the vicinity of the primary CAT on the pasenger side. Is this something that happens with any frequency or is there a spot that commonly cracks?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
How many miles on your car?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:20 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
How many miles on your car?
About 74,000.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
That happened to me on a long trip, seats just went out, couldn't get the Dynamic feature to turn on or anything. When I turned the car off then back on, it worked fine, and continues to do so.

I mentioned it to the Dealer when I took it in, and they "couldn't find anything", they said the thing might heat up, which could force it to turn off completely.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by izzyz28
About 74,000.
my exhaust manifolds cracked at about the amount of miles.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:39 PM

2004 E55 AMG
FIXED

Originally Posted by RenntechE55
my exhaust manifolds cracked at about the amount of miles.
He he, welllll, I just had it up on the lift and found that the pass. side manifold cracked in half where the heat shield meets the two-bolt flange for the primary CAT. The whole exhaust was loose, though I couldn't pull it free of the manifold. I said screw it, put an exhaust stand under it, jammed it back into the manifold, and put as much weld on there as I could. No way I'm going to deal with finding a manifold/installing headers right now.

It was whisper quiet when I fired it up, so good enough for me. Surprisingly, even though it was cracked all the way around and loose, it only made noise until it warmed up. I have no idea how the manifolds are constructed, but they must be some kind of tube inside a tube design. What is it with Mercedes and metal parts just spontaneously cracking? First a cracked wheel and now this??

I also took the liberty of installing my snow tires. Nothing like rippng them loose in 2nd gear just by squeezing on the throttle. They make some DARK black marks.