Sponsored by:

MIR Track Rental Oct. 30th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Plan on being there and running, trying it out as a newb...may get a friend in a centri-supercharged e36 bmw to join me...
Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Believe me I know...I've seen it happen, and I no problem being relegated to one lane if I'm on streets... I would love to have DRs on by the end of the month...but just don't see the finance and timing working out where they need to be.

If I race, I'll listen...I'll be a good boy. haha. Besides it is nice to get your passes in, but it's not nice to ruin the day for everyone else...
I'm glad you are understanding. I guess we can give it a try
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Tell them to give two different color stickers out. Then, the guy running the tree can direct them into the proper lane if they don't know their right from left. Problem solved.

Two cars with street tires does present an issue though.
There usually isnt a guy at the tree, its run from the tower remember? There snt always someone down at the tree
Originally Posted by jmf003
I read through the thread on the dyno tune. Sounds pretty sweet! Except for the blown tire, which was a bummer.

Just one of life's cycles on the schedule. I spent most of my career working in tech companies, took a few years off to try my hand at consulting, then joined a company three months ago. I'm having a lot of fun with the new job but there's not much time left over for track days!
Yea it was pretty fun, we will see what it does on the real dyno in a bout a week!
Originally Posted by Sunir
Plan on being there and running, trying it out as a newb...may get a friend in a centri-supercharged e36 bmw to join me...
Cool!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Looks like somebody from the show "Pass Time" did a little teaser video for my brother's Elky. Hopefully he can make it this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRwridLB6dE
Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM

How many people/cars going ? Can't wait.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Good luck everyone and I hope to see some of you guys in the 10's.

Ahmad, tear it brotha and send me a text after you make your 10.5 pass @ 132. What kind of DA will you be looking at? Hopefully you guys will get in the negative. Make sure to make a few passes in your buddies new E55 and get that thing into the 10's.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:27 PM

2016 AMG GT-S
Why on a Friday? We'll see how the week is going, maybe i will take a half-day.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 AM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
I'll be there...

weather looks clear in mid-60s (***knock on wood***) even though I know it is still early to get excited about clear weather.

Tony from Eurocharged is planning on coming... He may be staying with me for the weekend. He loves to drive so he may drive the 11hrs (yuck!) or he may fly...

Last time I talked to him he may fly into Newark then he and I will drive down early Friday morning...or just screw it and fly to BWI...

He and Jerry were in Houston all weekend tuning so I'll call him this week.

Still trying to find DRs to use for the day (I'd pay a bit for the use) and it looks like I may be the only SRT coming out... shame... but one of them owns his own shop and the other just started a new job recently... so I guess they can't get off work.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:36 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Looks like somebody from the show "Pass Time" did a little teaser video for my brother's Elky. Hopefully he can make it this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRwridLB6dE
sweet ride. Any relation to thee Jim Dunn? of Jim Dunn racing NHRA fame.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
sweet ride. Any relation to thee Jim Dunn? of Jim Dunn racing NHRA fame.
Well, depends....

Yes, my father is Jim Dunn and was an NHRA pro racer. But, there were two Jim Dunn's of note. One was from the West Coast and one from East Coast. The more famous one is from the West Coast, and is not my father.

And just got a text from my brother. He will not be attending.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
BUMP!!! Whos comin!!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by camdon
How many people/cars going ? Can't wait.
I'm expecting around 25+ hopefully. I'm excited too. Made a shake down pass yesterday and the skinnies were rubbin really bad! Gonna try raising the car more or running on my d/r's
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Good luck everyone and I hope to see some of you guys in the 10's.

Ahmad, tear it brotha and send me a text after you make your 10.5 pass @ 132. What kind of DA will you be looking at? Hopefully you guys will get in the negative. Make sure to make a few passes in your buddies new E55 and get that thing into the 10's.
Thanks! Have a few things to sort out before then. I don't think I'm trappin 132 without nitrous lol Maybeee 130. Too early to tell the DA, I'm just crossing my fingers for no precip. Probably have to wait til late november early December to get the negative DA's. Its actually unusually warm here now
Originally Posted by coold8
Why on a Friday? We'll see how the week is going, maybe i will take a half-day.
Because they have events on weekends. The next rental will be a saturday Dec. 5th when all the events are over.
I'll be there...

weather looks clear in mid-60s (***knock on wood***) even though I know it is still early to get excited about clear weather.

Tony from Eurocharged is planning on coming... He may be staying with me for the weekend. He loves to drive so he may drive the 11hrs (yuck!) or he may fly...

Last time I talked to him he may fly into Newark then he and I will drive down early Friday morning...or just screw it and fly to BWI...

He and Jerry were in Houston all weekend tuning so I'll call him this week.

Still trying to find DRs to use for the day (I'd pay a bit for the use) and it looks like I may be the only SRT coming out... shame... but one of them owns his own shop and the other just started a new job recently... so I guess they can't get off work.
Cool, see you two there!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Well, depends....

Yes, my father is Jim Dunn and was an NHRA pro racer. But, there were two Jim Dunn's of note. One was from the West Coast and one from East Coast. The more famous one is from the West Coast, and is not my father.

And just got a text from my brother. He will not be attending.
Wow what a coincidence. Sorry for the threadjack. It was probably the west coast one that sponsored Al Hoffman in Funny Car? Still Dunn in NHRA circles is almost royalty, then there is Mike Dunn as well. Sounds like you have methanol in your veins.

Well you guys have a fun and safe event.
GO STEELERS!!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Wow what a coincidence. Sorry for the threadjack. It was probably the west coast one that sponsored Al Hoffman in Funny Car? Still Dunn in NHRA circles is almost royalty, then there is Mike Dunn as well. Sounds like you have methanol in your veins.

Well you guys have a fun and safe event.
GO STEELERS!!

Was definitely very cool to be his son at the track. I got do such cool crap that other kids didn't get to do. I worked the water box at MIR as a kid and got to turn wrenches on alcohol funny cars.

He still holds the record for highest flip at 75/80 dragway. They won't even let you run cars with delay boxes and trans brakes there anymore, I don't believe.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
bump looking forward to this!

Any deal on rain date protocol? How will we know if it's damp in the morning if the event is still on? etc...etc...

thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 01:12 PM

Any deal on rain date protocol? How will we know if it's damp in the morning if the event is still on? etc...etc...

thanks
Don't JINX it
Old 10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by camdon
Don't JINX it
not jinxin anything bro...just don't wanna drive up there and find out if anything changes...having taken the time off and what not...

just asking if there's a way we can check that morning etc...just in case it is raining in the morning which in our area happens pretty often...I'm a hour and a half or so away from MIR...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

not jinxin anything bro...just don't wanna drive up there and find out if anything changes...having taken the time off and what not...

just asking if there's a way we can check that morning etc...just in case it is raining in the morning which in our area happens pretty often...I'm a hour and a half or so away from MIR...
There is a very strict protocol when it comes to rained out track days at MIR. Basically, you turn your *** around and drive straight to Camelot in DC, fall in love with someone named Raven, blow $400.00 on her, then go home and shoot off some knuckle children.

They have it documented on their site somewhere.

www.camelotclub.com
Old 10-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
I shall be there, I miss the east coast can't wait to hang with you guys again. I will have my tuning equipment so anyone want a tune while im there please look for me or email me tony@eurocharged.com so we can figure out when and where.

-Tony
Old 10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Camdon, cant wait to see your car run
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy

thanks
Well you can check on here the morning of or just txt me. There is very little chance of rain from now til sunday so we should be good.
There is a very strict protocol when it comes to rained out track days at MIR. Basically, you turn your *** around and drive straight to Camelot in DC, fall in love with someone named Raven, blow $400.00 on her, then go home and shoot off some knuckle children.

They have it documented on their site somewhere.

www.camelotclub.com

Originally Posted by Eurocharged
I shall be there, I miss the east coast can't wait to hang with you guys again. I will have my tuning equipment so anyone want a tune while im there please look for me or email me tony@eurocharged.com so we can figure out when and where.

-Tony
Nice! You will have fun at the track day
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
+ ***** effin 1!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
+ ***** effin 1!!![/
QFT!!!

Can't wait... Gonna be a blast...

Except for the whole leaving at 4am (or earlier) to be there by 9am...
Old 10-28-2009, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I am hoping you guys catch some good DA...it's always a blast going down to MIR, I am keeping fingers crossed for you all. Break some records and have fun above everything. I can't make it as I am saving my days for when the baby arrives. Enjoy!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it sounds like an F5 Tornado getting ready to put the smackdown on a trailer park.
Hey ZAHANMA,

If you're gonna quote me in your sig, (https://mbworld.org/forums/3768647-post102.html) your gonna have to paypal me $1.00 per thread that it appears in. I'll PM you my paypal info.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 10-28-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Thanks man

will be good to meet you and some other guys.

QFT!!!

Can't wait... Gonna be a blast...

Except for the whole leaving at 4am (or earlier) to be there by 9am...
Not looking forward to my 4 hour ride myself. Might just trailer up since I have 4 or 5 guys and a Hayabusa that wants to come also.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Make sure the guy with the busa brings proper gear.

Weather looks like we arent going to get any precip but it will be a bit warm for this time of year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MIR Track Rental Oct. 30th