Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MIR Track Rental Oct. 30th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I am getting the track rented on Oct. 30th and I thought I'd invite the local guys out to come have some fun. The track is MIR (1/4 mile) and their site is www.mirdrag.com We will have one lane and it will cost $100/car. If we get more than 24 cars then we can have both lanes. Gates open at 9 and racing usually starts around 10am. We get the track to ourselves so theres no waiting to run. You can get ALOT of passes. Track closes at 5pm. So who is in?
So you are UNretired now? Nice Brett Farve move
Old 10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by AMGCL65
So you are UNretired now? Nice Brett Farve move
Favre. If I can get a tune I will run. I will continue to set up rentals even if I dont run. I love watching racing too. I retired from modding... for now
Old 10-15-2009, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Favre. If I can get a tune I will run. I will continue to set up rentals even if I dont run. I love watching racing too. I retired from modding... for now
haha..."Something about Mary" comes to mind when Fav.vv..re is mentioned....
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Great job Ahmad as usual.
Rumor has it your flirting with record low weight even as winter approaches.
You still are tuneless?

Good luck to all of my East Coast brothers, be safe and lower the bar for the West
Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by bassn_07
haha..."Something about Mary" comes to mind when Fav.vv..re is mentioned....

Originally Posted by juicee63
Great job Ahmad as usual.
Rumor has it your flirting with record low weight even as winter approaches.
You still are tuneless?

Good luck to all of my East Coast brothers, be safe and lower the bar for the West
Thanks!

I'm not sure what that means? My car weighs about the same as when I ran 10.7, I can't even think of any additional weight mods I have done. If anything I added a little more weight lol. I have a "tune" but its a tune that has me running in the 9.x afr's at wot! Driving to chicago tonight and getting tuned in the morning. ~12hr drive And yes I'm driving the "race car" all the way there and back

You coming out in December? Its already cold here, makes me worry a bit about December!

Edit: oh wait yes it will be lighter because of my new wheel/tire package! I forgot about that
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Its already cold here, makes me worry a bit about December!
+1 Im worried about 10/30 and traction So when are you going to let the cat out of the bag and let everyone know the car is gutted You get those plexiglass windows installed yet?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
+1 Im worried about 10/30 and traction So when are you going to let the cat out of the bag and let everyone know the car is gutted You get those plexiglass windows installed yet?
You think I should move it up a bit? That is the first available weekend that we can have saturday and sunday as a backup. We have done rentals even a couple days after it snowed in Jan lol.

OK OK fine I will let the cat out the bag. I had the car completely stripped, acid dipped the chassis, plexiglass windows all around, no dash, no panels, no wiper blade, no headlight washers, one seat, c/f body, open headers, tiny fuel cell (enough fuel for one pass), removed all a/c parts/power steering/and even starter (have to push the car to get it started). I am probably leaving out a few other things. My car weighs 1500lbs with me and a friend and all my luggage and drag wheels in it (just weighed it before I go to chicago)

Edit: Oh yea and I spray 2 stages of nitrous. A 300 shot out the hole and then another 300 soon as I hit the 1/8th. Thats how my car makes 4xx whp

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-15-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
You think I should move it up a bit? That is the first available weekend that we can have saturday and sunday as a backup.
To be honest I think if we get a day with no rain or humidity it might be the best day for traction/ambient temp/hp....I think we are going to go south from here with traction.

OK OK fine I will let the cat out the bag. I had the car completely stripped, acid dipped the chassis, plexiglass windows all around, no dash, no panels, no wiper blade, no headlight washers, one seat, c/f body, open headers, tiny fuel cell (enough fuel for one pass), removed all a/c parts/power steering/and even starter (have to push the car to get it started). I am probably leaving out a few other things. My car weighs 1500lbs with me and a friend and all my luggage and drag wheels in it (just weighed it before I go to chicago)

Edit: Oh yea and I spray 2 stages of nitrous. A 300 shot out the hole and then another 300 soon as I hit the 1/8th. Thats how my car makes 4xx whp
thanks for letting everyone off the hook, I field about 5-6 calls a day and at least 4-5 PM's on "How does he run those numbers?!?!" LMAO
Old 10-17-2009, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
I am coming out to MIR on the 30th... Don't know about racing yet...I think it may be too cold for street tires...even if they are new winter tires...

now if i can only find someone to loan me DRs and rims for the weekend..

p.s. i am gonna try to get a couple other SRTs to come out...is that a problem? well i guess should i ask if it's cool if i join you guys on the 30th?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I am coming out to MIR on the 30th... Don't know about racing yet...I think it may be too cold for street tires...even if they are new winter tires...

now if i can only find someone to loan me DRs and rims for the weekend..

p.s. i am gonna try to get a couple other SRTs to come out...is that a problem? well i guess should i ask if it's cool if i join you guys on the 30th?
Ok cool. The more the merrier
Old 10-17-2009, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Just ordered my helmet because, you know, my new car is fast.

Might have a Whippled Cobra with me too. And as usual, my brother's 8 second Elky might make an appearance. But he'll probably bail at the last second.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Wish I could find time to attend. Just not in the cards for me this year.

Run strong!

And for those of you who don't yet have a drag radial pacakge, mine is for sale: https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ml#post3769315
Old 10-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jmf003
And for those of you who don't yet have a drag radial pacakge, mine is for sale: https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ml#post3769315
man i'd love to pick that up...but just can't right now...sucks.

i will be talking with the other SRT guys today...we shall see what happens.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:02 PM

3L B5 S4 turbo
what does the list of cars look like that will be attending??
Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Just ordered my helmet because, you know, my new car is fast.

Might have a Whippled Cobra with me too. And as usual, my brother's 8 second Elky might make an appearance. But he'll probably bail at the last second.
Nice. Yea I know your new car i fast!

Cool. It will be a good time
Originally Posted by jmf003
Wish I could find time to attend. Just not in the cards for me this year.

Run strong!

Darn. Was fun racing with you that one time. Thats a longggg drive, I just made the drive to Chicago and back this weekend. It was rough.

I will see if I can find a buyer for your d/r's
Originally Posted by 600whp S4
what does the list of cars look like that will be attending??
All kinds of cars including MB's, BMWs, Audis, VW's, Supras, etc etc. You should bring your S4. Maybe we will finish my friends S4 in time but I doubt it. Built motor with GT's
Old 10-19-2009, 02:15 PM

All kinds of cars including MB's, BMWs, Audis, VW's, Supras, etc etc. You should bring your S4. Maybe we will finish my friends S4 in time but I doubt it. Built motor with GT's
Sounds good to me...

What kind of numbers would we need to get both lanes instead of just one? I'd be curious to see if we had enough cars out to get both lanes.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Sounds good to me...

What kind of numbers would we need to get both lanes instead of just one? I'd be curious to see if we had enough cars out to get both lanes.
I went ahead and already reserved both lanes We should get the minimmum requirement. Now we get to have some heads up racing!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:22 PM

I went ahead and already reserved both lanes We should get the minimmum requirement. Now we get to have some heads up racing!

Nice. I won't be on DRs but I will be on my performance snows hahaha...at least they won't go rock hard like my summers, hopefully i won't get owned by traction issues... and for the price i paid for them, i'm ok doing a few burnouts in them haha.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Nice. I won't be on DRs but I will be on my performance snows hahaha...at least they won't go rock hard like my summers, hopefully i won't get owned by traction issues... and for the price i paid for them, i'm ok doing a few burnouts in them haha.
I would recommend d/r's. Not only will winter tires not hook up but they will tear up the VHT on the track as well. Maybe we can keep cars with those tires to one lane. But that never works
Old 10-19-2009, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, it only takes a few passes on street tires to chew up the VHT. You should tell the front desk to tell people as they pay to run streets on the right lane only. Or vice versa
Old 10-19-2009, 02:41 PM

I would recommend d/r's. Not only will winter tires not hook up but they will tear up the VHT on the track as well. Maybe we can keep cars with those tires to one lane. But that never works
Was going to say the same thing. We always have slicks and drag radials in one lane and regular street tires in the other at our rentals. Otherwise the track goes away real fast.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Yeah, it only takes a few passes on street tires to chew up the VHT. You should tell the front desk to tell people as they pay to run streets on the right lane only. Or vice versa
I agree and have tried this before but some people dont like to listen. And some street car tires like to race against each other. I will try again this time
Originally Posted by camdon
Was going to say the same thing. We always have slicks and drag radials in one lane and regular street tires in the other at our rentals. Otherwise the track goes away real fast.
I will try to get it this way in the morning and then let anyone run any lane in the afternoon. I cant guarantee it because people usually dont listen
Old 10-19-2009, 04:29 PM

Believe me I know...I've seen it happen, and I no problem being relegated to one lane if I'm on streets... I would love to have DRs on by the end of the month...but just don't see the finance and timing working out where they need to be.

If I race, I'll listen...I'll be a good boy. haha. Besides it is nice to get your passes in, but it's not nice to ruin the day for everyone else...
Old 10-19-2009, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree and have tried this before but some people dont like to listen. And some street car tires like to race against each other. I will try again this time

I will try to get it this way in the morning and then let anyone run any lane in the afternoon. I cant guarantee it because people usually dont listen
Tell them to give two different color stickers out. Then, the guy running the tree can direct them into the proper lane if they don't know their right from left. Problem solved.

Two cars with street tires does present an issue though.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Darn. Was fun racing with you that one time. Thats a longggg drive, I just made the drive to Chicago and back this weekend. It was rough.
I read through the thread on the dyno tune. Sounds pretty sweet! Except for the blown tire, which was a bummer.

Just one of life's cycles on the schedule. I spent most of my career working in tech companies, took a few years off to try my hand at consulting, then joined a company three months ago. I'm having a lot of fun with the new job but there's not much time left over for track days!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MIR Track Rental Oct. 30th