W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MIR Track Rental Oct. 30th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure exactly what broke. We will find out Monday.

Nice putting a face with some names and meeting new people today. Great bunch of guys.

Glad we had Greg's Busa with us so I got to play a little bit on that. 10.20@136mph.

That track hooked better than any track event I have ever been to. Did not even need drag radials today.

I believe it was my fault because I tried to launch it WAY too hard and it DEAD hooked.

Oh well, that's racing. We'll be back very soon and I know the car has at least a 10.80 in it. Maybe a 70 or a 60.

When I made my first (and only) pass this morning it was 88% humidity. It felt great and can't wait to get back to the track.

Thanks Ahmed for setting this up and I should be there for the next one.

Eurocharged Tune is working great as a DD and at the track.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I think this would be the tranny upgrade needed:

http://www.southernhotrod.com/SHR_NAG1.html

Tom
Thats a 722.6 trans like what I have. I believe the V12 trans is different
Originally Posted by camdon
Not sure exactly what broke. We will find out Monday.

Nice putting a face with some names and meeting new people today. Great bunch of guys.

Glad we had Greg's Busa with us so I got to play a little bit on that. 10.20@136mph.

That track hooked better than any track event I have ever been to. Did not even need drag radials today.

I believe it was my fault because I tried to launch it WAY too hard and it DEAD hooked.

Oh well, that's racing. We'll be back very soon and I know the car has at least a 10.80 in it. Maybe a 70 or a 60.

When I made my first (and only) pass this morning it was 88% humidity. It felt great and can't wait to get back to the track.

Thanks Ahmed for setting this up and I should be there for the next one.

Eurocharged Tune is working great as a DD and at the track.
Sorry about the car. Your car will easily get in the tens. When you come back in December I expect a 10.8x or better. The DA should be much better, lets just hope its not too cold.

We had a GREAT track day today. We had 39 cars in our group. Thanks for coming out everybody. My friend Donovan broke the world BMW record today with a 9.26 pass! We also had a full interior street viper that ran 7.65 @ 184 on low boost And then to top it all off we had a pro mod car that ran 6.x @ 233mph and almost kissed the wall after pullin the dual chutes! What a fun day at the track. There was also a SRT8 that ran a 9.8!!! I couldn't manage anything better than my old times Looking forward to December 5th
Old 10-30-2009, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
good seeing everyone today and meeting some new guys, my car is still direly in need of a retune as its not performing like it should. My best ET for the day was an 11.23 best trap was a 124.96mph with a 1.79 60ft. Those of you who know my car know its "off" relative to my mods. I didnt air down my tires enough and couldnt get the car to hook today. Enough excuses it just ran like crap and I didnt push it to the edge with launch and prep as I have in the past, but the power obviously isnt there like it should be.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
good seeing everyone today and meeting some new guys, my car is still direly in need of a retune as its not performing like it should. My best ET for the day was an 11.23 best trap was a 124.96mph with a 1.79 60ft. Those of you who know my car know its "off" relative to my mods. I didnt air down my tires enough and couldnt get the car to hook today. Enough excuses it just ran like crap and I didnt push it to the edge with launch and prep as I have in the past, but the power obviously isnt there like it should be.
I know somebody that got it to hook. I think I smoked about $50.00 worth of rubber on that burnout.

But yeah, your car felt strong out of the hole to me. Much stronger than mine, but it also felt like it was running out of breath up top. I absolutely loved the feeling of a dead hook on DRs though.

It's funny how completely different your car feels to mine, even though they're both 600s.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 10-30-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Great job guys! It sounds like you guys had a blast and every one's car seemed to perform well. Camdon, sorry to hear about your tranny because I know exactly what it feels like. Good luck on Monday and I hope to see some 10's on your next trip out.

Overall it seems like you guys had good DA with excellent track prep.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
any 63's run?

Ahmad what happened? 10.90's, what were your splits like? Did the car adapt to the tune or did it ever get tuned?

What were your traps?

60fts?

1/8th mile?

Great time Mr. Benzo Rama nator man

Jay whats going on with your car is it still ultra quick front 1/8th?

camdon , wow that sucks!!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
What a great event..... I wish I was there

Congrats to Benzorama and others for running these great times

Any videos or time slips?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by juicee63

Thanks Juicy Juice. If I could ever see that 1.4x 60' like you, I'd be in business.
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
What a great event..... I wish I was there

Congrats to Benzorama and others for running these great times

Any videos or time slips?
Thanks!

I know Eurocharged took some vids of my car as well as Sunir's SL55. I'll try to scan my slips tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:17 AM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Ok gents, here is what I have and have uploaded tonight.

Made it home about an hour ago after a nice 5hr drive back to NJ.

I'm tired as sh*t...

Nothing good for my 6 today...The car politely asked me this afternoon for DRs by throwing an overboost code (telling me it has the power) haha. No matter what I did, spin spin spin. Damn tires.

I have uploaded a couple videos...some of the top vid's of the day, I'll post up the others tomorrow (after I sleep).

Here are the links to some videos in the order of awesomeness (in my opinion):

Donovan's E30 Record
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5gagmqpftI

TT Dodge Viper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K52ON1oescc

Pro Stock Mustang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGG4PLzd7B0

Supercharged Magnum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-6bR4vgYG8

blackbenzz - 10.95
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR0Pir-s_50

I agree with Camdon it was great to put faces to names and hang out with some really great guys. Can't wait for the December one. I am coming down, but probably not going to run unless I happen upon some DRs by then...

EDIT: Tony has a bunch more videos, but they won't be uploaded for a while (considering they are driving back to Chi right now - 12hours)

Last edited by ZAHANMA; 10-31-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Were there any E55's there? If so how did they do?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
any 63's run?

Ahmad what happened? 10.90's, what were your splits like? Did the car adapt to the tune or did it ever get tuned?

What were your traps?

60fts?

1/8th mile?

camdon , wow that sucks!!
No.

Guess the car isn't making the kind of power I was expecting Yes it did get tuned and yes it has had PLENTY of time to adapt, I'm surethe drive home from Chicago was more than enough time lol. It was my first time on slicks and skinnies and I didnt want to launch too hard and break anything although my 60's weren't that bad. Car also had an issue with bouncing off the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift sometimes when I would go to the floor and hit the kickdown button and short shift when I didn't I made a bunch of 10.9x passes. I was hoping for better but it just didn't happen. I feel like I wasted a ton of money. Oh well, you live and you learn

Here are some 10.9x splits for you

1.585 7.055 @ 98.62 10.972 @ 125.19
1.574 7.073 @ 98.54 10.998 @ 124.97
1.591 7.055 @ 99.45 10.959 @ 125.29

I didn't get to make many passes in the morning since I was busy runnin around trying to manage the track rental and every time I would get in my car to run someone would break Not that it would have made much of a difference. The car is probably making the same power it was pre TB, injectors, and retune. It's actually slower in the 1/8th (trapped 101 before) but maybe thats because of not getting real agressive with the launch? Meh, still a 10s street car I guess Feels strong on the street to me, I dont get it. I give up. Gonna run it one last time in December and DA should be much better and I'm going to get

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Ok gents, here is what I have and have uploaded tonight.

Made it home about an hour ago after a nice 5hr drive back to NJ.

I'm tired as sh*t...

Nothing good for my 6 today...The car politely asked me this afternoon for DRs by throwing an overboost code (telling me it has the power) haha. No matter what I did, spin spin spin. Damn tires.

I have uploaded a couple videos...some of the top vid's of the day, I'll post up the others tomorrow (after I sleep).

Here are the links to some videos in the order of awesomeness (in my opinion):

Donovan's E30 Record
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5gagmqpftI

TT Dodge Viper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K52ON1oescc

Pro Stock Mustang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGG4PLzd7B0

Supercharged Magnum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-6bR4vgYG8

blackbenzz - 10.95
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR0Pir-s_50

I agree with Camdon it was great to put faces to names and hang out with some really great guys. Can't wait for the December one. I am coming down, but probably not going to run unless I happen upon some DRs by then...

EDIT: Tony has a bunch more videos, but they won't be uploaded for a while (considering they are driving back to Chi right now - 12hours)
Awesome vids!!! Nice to meet you man. Do you mind if I post these vids up on other forums? Awesome track day, not for my times but just seeing all the badass cars run! Did you happen to get the vid of the pro mod mustang that ran a 6.x @ 233mph and nearly kissed the wall??
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Were there any E55's there? If so how did they do?
Yea 2 of em. Nates old car (I drove it to a 12.0 @ 114ish LOL) and a stock E55 (Karlson). We checked the codes on his ca and apparently he needs a MAP sensor and front O2's. I told him to try and get the parts tomorrow and I would throw em on and take it back out to run this weekend. We will see if he gets the parts. Sunir got some great times out of his SL55 on street tires. I believe the best was 12.03

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-31-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Ahmad, great 60' times for soft launching..... You sound so disappointed but yet have one of the quickest MB's out there. I have much respect for you and what you bring to MBworld. Don't give up and just keep on pushing. Gawd....I wish I had a chance to run my car at MIR, traction plus low DA .

That sucks about Nates car only running 12's . Was this with the old tune or PC's current tune??
Old 10-31-2009, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Ahmad wow !@!

I completely understand what you are feeling. We have all been there, spent money and time and yet the car goes backward.

Alan needs your 60 ft time you need his trap, I need your ET and Alans trap and my own 60, lol

Yeah man folks do not realize how flipping hard this is, this may be worse than golf.

Amazing not a single 63 attended this, that is BUNK
Old 10-31-2009, 03:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Ahmad, great 60' times for soft launching..... You sound so disappointed but yet have one of the quickest MB's out there. I have much respect for you and what you bring to MBworld. Don't give up and just keep on pushing. Gawd....I wish I had a chance to run my car at MIR, traction plus low DA .

That sucks about Nates car only running 12's . Was this with the old tune or PC's current tune??
Thanks. I am disappointed. I expected much better. Thanks buddy, I appreciate the kind words Put that thing on a trailer! I can't imagine what your car would trap out here!

Yea, hopefully with a new MAP sensor and O2's Shawns car will run better
Ahmad wow !@!

I completely understand what you are feeling. We have all been there, spent money and time and yet the car goes backward.

Alan needs your 60 ft time you need his trap, I need your ET and Alans trap and my own 60, lol

Yeah man folks do not realize how flipping hard this is, this may be worse than golf.

Amazing not a single 63 attended this, that is BUNK
Spending money and going slower is the WORST feeling in racing besides blowing up or putting the car in the wall.

Lol, yea that would be nice. We both need your 60' time lol

Not a single 63 out of the 39 cars we had in our group.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-31-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Ahmad, great 60' times for soft launching..... You sound so disappointed but yet have one of the quickest MB's out there. I have much respect for you and what you bring to MBworld. Don't give up and just keep on pushing. Gawd....I wish I had a chance to run my car at MIR, traction plus low DA
+1
Old 10-31-2009, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Awesome vids!!! Nice to meet you man. Do you mind if I post these vids up on other forums? Awesome track day, not for my times but just seeing all the badass cars run! Did you happen to get the vid of the pro mod mustang that ran a 6.x @ 233mph and nearly kissed the wall??
Yeah man, you can post up the vids on other forums...no problem, better to post them up now instead of people going "look what I found" in 40 different threads time and time again down the road...re-posts FTL.

I emailed Donovan with the video, so he has that now.

I don't have the prostock 6.xx run... I don't know why I don't, but I somehow missed it, I wish I did. I have a few runs from MB guys, that were slower than their best for the day so I haven't posted them up yet...don't want anyone getting upset over it.

Thanks again to everyone who came out, I'll post up more vids today.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
This is totally off topic but after watching some of the videos that were posted I decided to share this one. This is the fastest car I've seen to date at Sacramento Raceway....and it was faassssstttt!!!!! Check it out boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIGs0tpav-M
Old 10-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
No.

Guess the car isn't making the kind of power I was expecting Yes it did get tuned and yes it has had PLENTY of time to adapt, I'm surethe drive home from Chicago was more than enough time lol. It was my first time on slicks and skinnies and I didnt want to launch too hard and break anything although my 60's weren't that bad. Car also had an issue with bouncing off the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift sometimes when I would go to the floor and hit the kickdown button and short shift when I didn't I made a bunch of 10.9x passes. I was hoping for better but it just didn't happen. I feel like I wasted a ton of money. Oh well, you live and you learn

Here are some 10.9x splits for you

1.585 7.055 @ 98.62 10.972 @ 125.19
1.574 7.073 @ 98.54 10.998 @ 124.97
1.591 7.055 @ 99.45 10.959 @ 125.29

I didn't get to make many passes in the morning since I was busy runnin around trying to manage the track rental and every time I would get in my car to run someone would break Not that it would have made much of a difference. The car is probably making the same power it was pre TB, injectors, and retune. It's actually slower in the 1/8th (trapped 101 before) but maybe thats because of not getting real agressive with the launch? Meh, still a 10s street car I guess Feels strong on the street to me, I dont get it. I give up. Gonna run it one last time in December and DA should be much better and I'm going to get
Very consistent and stout runs but I can see you were expecting MUCH MORE out of your BEAST than what it showed.

I heard in the video the shifting up top that I think you were alluding to. It was similar to when we were at Atco last year of I recall when you broke your l/s axle.

I thought you said you were going ***** to the walls early in the day so if you broke an axle(you know it would too) you could fix it in time to get more runs in?

Keep the faith Ahmad. Your ***** is psycho and a one of a kind BEAST!!!!

PS Get the spray set up again!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
This is totally off topic but after watching some of the videos that were posted I decided to share this one. This is the fastest car I've seen to date at Sacramento Raceway....and it was faassssstttt!!!!! Check it out boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIGs0tpav-M
Alan you still planning on sending your car to MIR in Dec so I can run it at the big event?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Thats a 722.6 trans like what I have. I believe the V12 trans is different

Sorry about the car. Your car will easily get in the tens. When you come back in December I expect a 10.8x or better. The DA should be much better, lets just hope its not too cold.

We had a GREAT track day today. We had 39 cars in our group. Thanks for coming out everybody. My friend Donovan broke the world BMW record today with a 9.26 pass! We also had a full interior street viper that ran 7.65 @ 184 on low boost And then to top it all off we had a pro mod car that ran 6.x @ 233mph and almost kissed the wall after pullin the dual chutes! What a fun day at the track. There was also a SRT8 that ran a 9.8!!! I couldn't manage anything better than my old times Looking forward to December 5th
Ahmad tell Donovan congrats when you talk to him for me. His BMW looked much more stable than the last time I saw it at the track rental at Atco!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I know somebody that got it to hook. I think I smoked about $50.00 worth of rubber on that burnout.

But yeah, your car felt strong out of the hole to me. Much stronger than mine, but it also felt like it was running out of breath up top. I absolutely loved the feeling of a dead hook on DRs though.

It's funny how completely different your car feels to mine, even though they're both 600s.
yeah its pulling timing up top

hey josh...no i cant get out of the hole quick enough, the car is "off" all over the place.

Spending money and going slower is the WORST feeling in racing besides blowing up or putting the car in the wall.
im not sure what burns more, the failed expectations or the hit in the wallet, either way I know this feeling intimately and it sucks.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Wow! sorry I missed it. I fixed my car yesterday, so ready for some track experience.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by JAYCL600
im not sure what burns more, the failed expectations or the hit in the wallet, either way I know this feeling intimately and it sucks.
i feel the exact same way as you and ahmed... sucks, but oh well... those are the lessons learned.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 PM

'05 F-250 HD
It was nice meeting some of you. Sorry if I was in my own little world, but after brushing the wall 3 weeks ago I had to get my mind and nerves straight. We were up until 2am putting the car back together after getting all the panels from the body shop Thursday afternoon. I disassembled the entire car and it panel painted to assure a factory looking paint job. Fortunately my wall incident was strictly cosmetic, but at 130+mph it'll leave a mark or two.

My cousin was there in his silver CLS55 which he wanted me to run it down the track, but because I got there so late that didn't happen.

The track rental had a great turnout and with some very nice cars and times. Congrats on putting together a successful rental.

Sal
Old 10-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Viper TT
It was nice meeting some of you. Sorry if I was in my own little world, but after brushing the wall 3 weeks ago I had to get my mind and nerves straight. We were up until 2am putting the car back together after getting all the panels from the body shop Thursday afternoon. I disassembled the entire car and it panel painted to assure a factory looking paint job. Fortunately my wall incident was strictly cosmetic, but at 130+mph it'll leave a mark or two.

My cousin was there in his silver CLS55 which he wanted me to run it down the track, but because I got there so late that didn't happen.

The track rental had a great turnout and with some very nice cars and times. Congrats on putting together a successful rental.

Sal
It was great to see your car running Sal! I've seen it run a few times before and it was by far the most impressive car I've seen. Full interior and drag radials going mid 7s!!! My brother said he was talking to you and you said it even passes inspection! Lol I was asking my friends how much it would cost to duplicate that setup lol. I look forward to seeing you run next weekend! Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MIR Track Rental Oct. 30th