Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Sounds like good times.....
Old 10-14-2009, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Cooler weather could be the reason for tire slippage.
Could be the reason but it doesn't matter. I just wanted to jump in front like normal to show how strong your car is. I'll be spinning a whole lot more very soon from having too much power for street tires like you. It will be a bitter sweet feeling haha! Maybe I'll roll my fenders and get some more rubber back there since MB short changes us on that department.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Could be the reason but it doesn't matter. I just wanted to jump in front like normal to show how strong your car is. I'll be spinning a whole lot more very soon from having too much power for street tires like you. It will be a bitter sweet feeling haha! Maybe I'll roll my fenders and get some more rubber back there since MB short changes us on that department.
If I'm not spinning my tires you won't jump in front anymore. I went back to feathering the throttle down instead of smashing the pedal (the DR way). I relearned how to manage my cars power again with my street tires. Look at my race with Cahiil55K, I barely spun and took right off. That was probably my best roll on launch on the street for a while now..... Either way we all have fast cars.

Just get your mods finished and you'll probably beat me anyways.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07
If I'm not spinning my tires you won't jump in front anymore. I went back to feathering the throttle down instead of smashing the pedal (the DR way). I relearned how to manage my cars power again with my street tires. Look at my race with Cahiil55K, I barely spun and took right off. That was probably my best roll on launch on the street for a while now..... Either way we all have fast cars.

Just get your mods finished and you'll probably beat me anyways.
Well I'd say the difference in weight (since I'm the smaller guy in certain aspects ) would help me but I have the pano roof. I'm just glad you don't smash up on me like you did before!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
this is kinda off topic, but since u guys are talking about tire width, i thought id ask.im wondering if i would benefit much if i got a wider drag tire and rim set up. maybe a DR close to 305 in width.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by jikjak
this is kinda off topic, but since u guys are talking about tire width, i thought id ask.im wondering if i would benefit much if i got a wider drag tire and rim set up. maybe a DR close to 305 in width.
I am no drag expert but I have a few friends who have a couple pro drag cars and they told me this rule. The wider you have the tire the more grip you will have but the slower they can go and the thinner the tire the faster it can go but you sacrifice grip. Where the medium is for our cars I don't know especially with a stock axle in the rear. Also I'm told the taller the tire the more flex, thus the reason I run 16in wheels with a taller series tire over an 18in wheel. Hope that helps but maybe a more knowledgable person can chime in just in case I misunderstood.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
255 is plenty for the track where you can heat it up properly and launch from a prepped surface. for a street tire, i'd go with the widest i coud fit.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
ahh i see, i guess theres no point in going with wider rear DRs and that and id probably be better off going to a 16" rear setup and then moving these 18" koseis to the front if they fit there).

for my 20" street tires i do run 305s in the rear.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM

ahh i see, i guess theres no point in going with wider rear DRs and that and id probably be better off going to a 16" rear setup and then moving these 18" koseis to the front if they fit there).

for my 20" street tires i do run 305s in the rear.
You could but Alan was able to put down 1.6xx 60' times with those 18in Koseis. Just a matter or choice and what works for you, those are not a bad set up at all.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
For the upcoming meet which I sadly will miss, I would suggest an alternative to 3-honks since it is somewhat in audio range of a secluded residential area beyond the woods and it sounds like you have a bigger group. You don't want Big Bertha calling la policia mexicana de tijuana because all that honking was disturbing her midnight snack. I've heard they torture their captives.

Alan, I will opt out of the custom tune until next year if PC visits again. I need a dyno tune though, just not yet. The midpipe work is something I'm considering too but have been holding off due to our vehicle inspections here.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
Looked like an awesome time in Meheko!

Alan watch out for that .5 second throttle body coming for you son!