W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How long should you wait for a refund from Vadim?
You shouldn't have ordered from him in the first place!
33.85%
One month is plenty.
58.46%
Eh....six months is long enough.
4.62%
I'm really patient and don't mind lending money. A year or more!
3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

How long should you wait for a refund from VADIM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I dont think this thread will get locked:

Heres why,.. Eventually this thread will get back on track. My friend josh had a story to tell and told it. Many others have shared theirs. All of you how have been taken (AMGSC included) have my sympathy. What was done was 100% wrong

I believe in redemption. Some people will forgive Vadim for his issues, However no one will forget. This does not mean Vadim cant make a come back from this. Until then, His bed is made now he has to lay in it.

With Roberts issues:
I see a troubled Mercedes fan stuck in an "I dont know what to do" spot. His project has dragged on for way to long. Filled with missed deadlines and empty promises. In the end all he ever wanted was to have a quick Mercedes. Only to be left will a very bitter taste in his mouth. You cant blame him for that..

I think his rants are from much pent up resentment for what has happened to his car. He held back from pointing the finger much longer than anyone of us would have. Now it all is seeming to come out in one big mess and Members are getting sucked into this blackhole.

Just remember the heresay that has been tossed around may or may not have truth to it. Remember what we all heard about Vadim in the underworld, that you heard from a friend.. That turned out to be true. However that still does not make sharing that info with us right... But it isn't exactly wrong.

Maybe Robert, should follow Blackbenzz's old sig quote "Run your car not your mouth" Then again maybe we all should.

Lets get back to enjoying our cars and helping members out who want to do the same thing. This forum will weed out the bad, it always does.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
My apologies to Josh for going way off topic. You had a story to tell and we turned into a laughable thread about one person.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Guess its time for a sig throwback
Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
My apologies to all I offended. No harm intended. Just frustrated with what I went through. Shoulda just bought another car and cut my losses a year ago instead of trying to rebuild this engine with an undercapitalized start-up. I have no one else but myself to blame. Just too stubborn and not the type to give up on a hobby so easily. More passion than sense I guess! See Ya!

quoting Hooley and Ahmad. I would luv to run my car and not my mouth but where's my car. I don't even remember what it looks like anymore.!

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-06-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by AMGSC
My apologies to all I offended. No harm intended. Just frustrated with what I went through. Shoulda just bought another car and cut my losses a year ago instead of trying to rebuild this engine with an undercapitalized start-up. I have no one else but myself to blame. Just too stubborn and not the type to give up on a hobby so easily. More passion than sense I guess! See Ya!

quoting Hooley and Ahmad. I would luv to run my car and not my mouth but where's my car. I don't even remember what it looks like anymore.!
Keep your chin up and let the cards play out, You will win a hand before its all said and done.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

Totally understandable and it must be a nightmare for ya. Good luck and don't be so trusting next time. Look forward to your slips.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 Audi S6 wagon, '00 M5
If you substitute 'Taurus SHO' for 'Merc C32' everything the original poster wrote could have been said (and was, often in spittle-spraying rage) about Vadim a dozen or more years ago.

I've done business with him. I've still got a '91 SHO in the driveway that wears the second Quaife diff ever to hit the road for the Ford MTX-IV application, and a bunch of other bits and parts out of his shop. I have a set of SHO heads on the shelf wearing a set of his cams (the engine in the car right now is a 3.6L Frankenmotor with Manley Honda-journal SBC circle-track rods and a lot of other one-off bits.) The headers in the SHO (and they're a lot better fabricated than what I see in the pics at the top of this thread) were old SHO Shop inventory. And so on.

He had good ideas, he managed to turn them into saleable hardware when no one else would, and he was one of the most honest in his power claims of any vendor I've known in thirty years of dealing with the automotive aftermarket. But, even acknowledging that he was often dependent on troublesome suppliers and subcontractors, his business practices were at best infuriating. Caveat emptor, and all that; the stress level was lower if you assumed that by placing an order you were providing him with a loan of working capital for the business, to be repaid eventually (though on no fixed schedule) with the parts you'd ordered.

Now, back to trying to find myself an E55 wagon...

Last edited by JEMiller; 11-06-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

One of the best posts ever. These are the types of posts that get support and buy in from others on a bad situation. Like you said, the frustration, it drives emotion and that makes you do and say some crazy stuff.

Good luck.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221

Good luck...
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Old 11-06-2009, 11:04 AM

Wow, just wow.

Everyone's focusing on AMGSC's project, but perhaps no one ever got screwed worse than New2this. You guys remember the 1000HP VRP build? The thing that Vadim just doesn't understand, and it has flat out cost him his business, is that had they completed that project (even producing 800-900hp) he would've been a hero. Customers would've been lined up. Just think if he would've done what was promised with the 1000HP build, AMGSC's car, and Havoc's build?

The best thing you can do when you run a business is to underpromise and overdeliver, unfortunately when it comes to most of these tuning companies it's just the total opposite. Shame.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by bigben320e
One of the best posts ever. These are the types of posts that get support and buy in from others on a bad situation. Like you said, the frustration, it drives emotion and that makes you do and say some crazy stuff.

Good luck.
+100,000

I wish you stayed on the sympathetic track rather than... whatever you'd call those other posts.

Good luck, I hope you end up alright. And sorry if I came off strong.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Wow, just wow.

Everyone's focusing on AMGSC's project, but perhaps no one ever got screwed worse than New2this. You guys remember the 1000HP VRP build? The thing that Vadim just doesn't understand, and it has flat out cost him his business, is that had they completed that project (even producing 800-900hp) he would've been a hero. Customers would've been lined up. Just think if he would've done what was promised with the 1000HP build, AMGSC's car, and Havoc's build?

The best thing you can do when you run a business is to underpromise and overdeliver, unfortunately when it comes to most of these tuning companies it's just the total opposite. Shame.
That car was spotted for sale in Las Vegas, last I heard.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 PM

If true that's too bad. Guy spends a ridiculous amount of money, and for two years never even gets too enjoy it.

Plus, the massive depreciation during that time....
Old 11-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
For the record, Sun's car is and has always been healthy at Famosa. Also, Serge did NOT take it easy and is an experienced racer.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
If true that's too bad. Guy spends a ridiculous amount of money, and for two years never even gets too enjoy it.

Plus, the massive depreciation during that time....

Yeah, that whole ordeal was so sad. I spoke to him. $60K invested in mods and his car was returned to him to the point that he felt was not worth keeping so he sold it for a lost. Not to mention the loss of $60K.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Havoc
Yeah, that whole ordeal was so sad. I spoke to him. $60K invested in mods and his car was returned to him to the point that he felt was not worth keeping so he sold it for a lost. Not to mention the loss of $60K.
That's why I'm surprised you're going ahead with your project. Really there's no excuse for how long its taken to get your project complete. Being out of country shouldn't really matter.

The problem with Cary's situation is that he was really committed to the project and really wanted to have an incredible car. I think he felt like he was used. He car was used for marketing, used to fab parts so Vadim could make kits to resale, used for testing, used to run errands, etc, etc.

Terrible.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
That's why I'm surprised you're going ahead with your project. Really there's no excuse for how long its taken to get your project complete.
In all honesty, there are plenty of excuses. Simply put, who built the motor? These two clients are atypical of the membership here. Not to say they aren't in the same boat as many of us.

The problem with Cary's situation is that he was really committed to the project and really wanted to have an incredible car.
You can use the same quote on Havoc

I think he felt like he was used. He car was used for marketing, used to fab parts so Vadim could make kits to resale, used for testing, used to run errands, etc, etc.
The car was on the top rack when i started going there to not have PC tune it a few years back and I wondered how it ended up with Vadim (being from Utah). I dunno about the other stuff but that car didn't touch ground for the time I was going there.

Terrible.
Agreed!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
How much? Was it really abused? I thought it just sat as parts were to be fabbed.....
Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by jangy
How much? Was it really abused? I thought it just sat as parts were to be fabbed.....
I think they put over 3k+ miles on it while they had it. The guy was totally pi$$ed and fed up with it. He wanted a 1000HP car, and spent an enormous amount to get like 600hp. Then I think he got beat by a kid in a mustang on the drive home from the shop or something, and it put him over the edge.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
That's why I'm surprised you're going ahead with your project. Really there's no excuse for how long its taken to get your project complete. Being out of country shouldn't really matter.

The problem with Cary's situation is that he was really committed to the project and really wanted to have an incredible car. I think he felt like he was used. He car was used for marketing, used to fab parts so Vadim could make kits to resale, used for testing, used to run errands, etc, etc.

Terrible.
I agree, my build should not have taken this long. But as of now, my 5.7L runs great and my SLR coolers have been built so to me it seems that my project can still be successful. I can't give up now.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I think they put over 3k+ miles on it while they had it. The guy was totally pi$$ed and fed up with it. He wanted a 1000HP car, and spent an enormous amount to get like 600hp. Then I think he got beat by a kid in a mustang on the drive home from the shop or something, and it put him over the edge.
It absolutely sucks for him and I don't blame him for finally having enough.

On another note, if it sat for 2 years and only had 3k miles put on it........then maybe it would be a decent deal for some of us.....
Old 11-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Havoc
I agree, my build should not have taken this long. But as of now, my 5.7L runs great and my SLR coolers have been built so to me it seems that my project can still be successful. I can't give up now.
Hehe....well how about making copies of the coolers and selling them cheap to make up for Vadim's treatments? HAHA!!