MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Nice!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
meh...looks like a wheel for BMW like the older CSL wheel (which was concave from the factory)...not really any innovation in design with this one IMO
Old 11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Sunir
meh...looks like a wheel for BMW like the older CSL wheel (which was concave from the factory)...not really any innovation in design with this one IMO
You do have a point. I remember that wheel myself.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:19 PM

2004 E55
+1. Beautiful wheel, no doubt, but concave is nothing new, esp. not mesh.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2004 E55
I love the look of the wheel personally, but me thinks the added mass would just make it heavier.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:11 PM

phat lips is where its at!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 PM

Audi S5
thanks for all your opinions. these wheels are obviously more for looks than performance. we offer different options for weight critical applications...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 AM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Regardless.... Beautiful wheel. Available in 19x9F/ 19x10.5R? If so pricing?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 AM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by GedaBlaq
Regardless.... Beautiful wheel. Available in 19x9F/ 19x10.5R? If so pricing?
yes. we'll have all applications in 19" and 20". we won't have an official msrp till after the sema show. we'll update you guys early next week. and remember we always discount wheels to forum members...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Nice looking wheel, although I am definitely partial to the BMW CSL wheels.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
pricing on your concave 6 spoke wheel?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
[posted on sl55 forum also...]

You've got a link to 360 Forged (which I heard was out of business, or bought out or something...there were issues with dissatisfied customers)

You also have links to Modular Concepts and System Forged

are these 3 the manufacturers which you've consolidated into a distributorship under one umbrella brand..is that's what's going on here?

1) who is responsible for quality and workmanship?

2) who is responsible for timely shipping?

3) who is responsilel for customer service related issues?

for 1 - 3 above, are you (the distributer) or each of the three manufacturers responsibel...how does this work?

Pretty snazzy website...although the trend in the wheel industry with tons of choices out there is a snazzy jazzy site with music and what not...I wish more companies would focus on the actual wheels themselves, construction methods, specifications, size & weight charts, pricing, more process oriented information ... you know stuff that actually helps the consumer make a knowledgable decision...
Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 AM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Originally Posted by FORGED DST
yes. we'll have all applications in 19" and 20". we won't have an official msrp till after the sema show. we'll update you guys early next week. and remember we always discount wheels to forum members...
I'll be patiently awaiting pricing my man. If this is Emilio, you know I'm VERY partial to the mesh design i.e, Mesh 8, ADV7.1 and now the Concave Mesh. BTW, when is the SEMA Show?

You've got a link to 360 Forged (which I heard was out of business, or bought out or something...there were issues with dissatisfied customers)

are these 3 the manufacturers which you've consolidated into a distributorship under one umbrella brand..is that's what's going on here?

for 1 - 3 above, are you (the distributer) or each of the three manufacturers responsibel...how does this work?

All VERY valid questions.

Pretty snazzy website...although the trend in the wheel industry with tons of choices out there is a snazzy jazzy site with music and what not...I wish more companies would focus on the actual wheels themselves, construction methods, specifications, size & weight charts, pricing, more process oriented information ... you know stuff that actually helps the consumer make a knowledgable decision...
EXACTLY!!! I'm thinking that the wife would be FAR more receptive to seeing the wheels on my ride than some ultra sexy lingerie/ bikini babe.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

3) who is responsible for customer service related issues?

for 1 - 3 above, are you (the distributor) or each of the three manufacturers responsible...how does this work?

Pretty snazzy website...although the trend in the wheel industry with tons of choices out there is a snazzy jazzy site with music and what not...I wish more companies would focus on the actual wheels themselves, construction methods, specifications, size & weight charts, pricing, more process oriented information ... you know stuff that actually helps the consumer make a knowledgeable decision...
Damn good questions, and a sound business model. All summed up in one paragraph in bold. Why don't wheel companies (others companies as well too) post more exact information such as how the wheels are made, and pricing? I had to do extensive searching, phone calls, emails, and research to find this stuff out. This stuff should be readily available out on the site listed. It cuts down on time spent on the phone, answering email, and incorrect information. Are we crazy for asking for simple information?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
There is a fine line between art and science or engineering. Many of these wheel manufacturers have given more focus on the art side of it...however the wheel itself by definition is a part, it has engineering perameters, technical specifications, and tolerences like any other functional device, it too has a purpose.

There are so many companies ripping off designs, getting the same production house to make the wheels, forge the blanks etc...etc...that it seems that we are seeing the same wheels over and over again meanwhile some poor workshop is clammering to produce center sections done for a bevy of retailers (or in this case seems like a distributer of 3 retail brands) who will put on a staggering mark up over cost without controling the manufacturing processes internally...

This is the kind of stuff that makes consumers say "Oh no not another South Florida/Miami wheel maker with flashy pictures, techno music, and loads of promises that will soon either be out of business or heck I don't know what I'm getting for my money... but I sure hope that i get my wheels at all after having paid"....
Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

When I asked about what information, perhaps I should be more concrete.

1. What is the forge process? What pieces are cast, what type of cast, and what parts are forged and with what?
2. What types of materials are used? Exactly what types, such as what grade aluminum, etc.
3. Prices?
4. Sizes?
5. Offsets?

Some provide most of 4&5, but not 1, 2 and 3, are are very important.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:40 PM

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2003 E55 AMG; 2013 GL550 4Matic; 2003 CL600
And is it too much to ask that wheel manufacturers start measuring and publishing rotational inertia?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Audi S5
pricing on your concave 6 spoke wheel?
we haven't developed a 6 spoke? we just got back from sema and have pricing posted within a couple days. thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 AM

Audi S5

we've been manufacturing modular concept wheels for over 2 years now. we've recently assumed 360 forged and system forged. we created forged distributing as an umbrella company to distribute the 3 lines we now manufacture. we are are responsible for everything....
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 AM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by bigben320e
When I asked about what information, perhaps I should be more concrete.

1. What is the forge process? What pieces are cast, what type of cast, and what parts are forged and with what?
2. What types of materials are used? Exactly what types, such as what grade aluminum, etc.
3. Prices?
4. Sizes?
5. Offsets?

Some provide most of 4&5, but not 1, 2 and 3, are are very important.
1) billet aluminum is forged to make it stronger. we use no cast components in our wheels.
2) we use 6061 center disks and outer rim halves. we use a 5000 series inner barrel which we consider to be safer.
3) we don't have pricing on the concave series determined yet but our other options range from $3600 - $6100
4) concave wheels currently available in 19" and 20" diameters. standard wheels available 18" - 26"
5) all wheels are made to order for any application
Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Cool site and Very Nice wheels! but why do I feel like I just left the club
Old 11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by FORGED DST
we've been manufacturing modular concept wheels for over 2 years now. we've recently assumed 360 forged and system forged. we created forged distributing as an umbrella company to distribute the 3 lines we now manufacture. we are are responsible for everything....
Are ADV.1 wheels 360 Forged new resurrection? Any differences in process, quality (QA/QC), timeliness, customer relations, or other management or functional changes for the better?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:40 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Emilio, you've definitely got my money (when I get some)m'man. We've already talked Mesh 8's but I've got some serious thought to put into the ADV7/7.1 vs. the Concave Mesh. Makes it MUCH simpler to have only one company/ manufacturer/ guy to deal with. I know that some some of my fellow forum members can be pretty tough on you but please keep in mind that some of these guys have either been burned or personally know someone who has.
I personally respect and admire you for standing up and hanging in there to defend your company, it's decisions and processes through the tough comments and questions. Some guys here have a WHOLE LOT more $$$ than I do but I can't see ANYONE shrugging off a $5-$7K investment.
Keep doing your thing m'man. Trust me, it'll pay off. Then you'll be THE official wheel sponsor for MBWorld.org!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Need pics of the wheels on a car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 360 // Concave // Mesh // Pics