Rice rockets???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Originally Posted by Esh
Needless to say, I stay away from them. Besides, going down the highway, the cops can hear the buzz and take 4 or 5 times the look at the rice rockets than they ever do at me. I'm just a dude driving a MB "family sedan," right?

Most drivers of the rice rockets are young, they enjoy the rush of "going fast" and justify it by going fast with another car beside them.
Very well said. Couldn't agree more.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Originally Posted by swadhwani
Not looking to street race off the line just seems to be disrespectful that they would want to mess with a high end sports car...guess my expectations are way off
Disrespectful? LMAO- you drive a c class mercedes...Don Corleone..
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
I can see both sides to this, I have a 98 Eclipse gsx that will cut 1.6 60' on about any tires, and I have tried to play with some of the big boys, a gallardo comes to mind, and I am pretty sure it would have been a decent race as I had a high 10 low 11 car, but he wouldn't play back. At the same time when I am just out cruising, the fact that I have a huge intercooler and my cams are crazy lopey, every person on the street tries to race. I will say I have been way surprised by some things, and I respect most cars that don't have: ridiculously loud exhaust without performance gains, ugly tail lights, huge aftermarket spoilers, or semi-primered crap quality body mods.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
Originally Posted by Esh
They also know that people don't buy AMG's just to go cruise in, or they would have bought a 500 or 550.
You should see my wife driving our ML.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
You think you have it bad in a Benz? Every boy racer with a shopping cart handle spolier wants a piece of the GT-R (could be considered a nice rice rocket ).

You just have to have self control and know when to let loose. If the road is clear, Ill put a little whooping on those cars. Even the fast quarter milers run out of steam up top; well some dont

Tonight, for no apparent reason, a lowered Civic comes up on me in my 997TT with his high beams on and then tries to go into the slow lane and sneak in and cut me off (I was in lane 3 of 4). I just drove slightly faster to keep him honest but no real speeding or stupid moves- too many cars. But he looked like an idiot coming up on me, switching lanes aggressively and basically pulling a tailgate party on the car in front of him.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Esh

E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
You think you have it bad in a Benz? Every boy racer with a shopping cart handle spolier wants a piece of the GT-R (could be considered a nice rice rocket ).
I like to think of the GT-R as the "Ultimate Rice Rocket." It's a part of every boy racers wet dream.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NEMES1S
I can see both sides to this, I have a 98 Eclipse gsx that will cut 1.6 60' on about any tires, and I have tried to play with some of the big boys, a gallardo comes to mind, and I am pretty sure it would have been a decent race as I had a high 10 low 11 car, but he wouldn't play back. At the same time when I am just out cruising, the fact that I have a huge intercooler and my cams are crazy lopey, every person on the street tries to race. I will say I have been way surprised by some things, and I respect most cars that don't have: ridiculously loud exhaust without performance gains, ugly tail lights, huge aftermarket spoilers, or semi-primered crap quality body mods.
Another gsx owner- mine's a 96 and I have seen "rice rockets" that will make mine look like it doesn't move. Agree about the poseurs. My almost stock e55k has no chance keeping up w/the gsx at any speed below 80ish.

Last edited by itsmeek; 11-10-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
I hate to break it to you little E drivers. But you need to relax, your little E class Mercedes Benz brand Toyota camry is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are MANY imports that will blow your doors off with ease. You drive a boring looking bland unreliable German grocery getter.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
I hate to break it to you little E drivers. But you need to relax, your little E class Mercedes Benz brand Toyota camry is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are MANY imports that will blow your doors off with ease. You drive a boring looking bland unreliable German grocery getter.
I have never once bought groceries in mine
Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
LOL. again you with your JDM stuff.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 AM

2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
You know, it's pretty retarded when you come into an E-class forum, driving a CLS55, and talk **** on the E-class drivers. You ought to think it over. The E55 isn't a "Toyota Camry", and it's faster than the majority of 'rice rockets' out there. Not every rice rocket is a 900hp Supra or 750hp EVO or 800hp Cobra. 90% of the cars classified as "rice rockets" won't even touch a 13. Keep in mind how many stock Neon SRT4s, Cobalt SSs, EVOs, WRXs, STIs, 350Zs, Caliber SRT4s, Civic SIs, CRXs, Integras, non-turbo DSMs (or even the less-modded AWD ones), RX8s, Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, etc. are out there. And then think about the few that can run a mid 12. I'd even think that 90% is a LOW estimate, probably more like 97%.

Rice rockets are slow more often than they're fast. You need to really think about how many "rice rockets" there are out there before you try and claim that they're all fast. There are so many bad ones out there that you rarely expect the good ones.

p.s. what do 400hp Supras, 800hp Supras, and 1100hp Supras all have in common?

12 second time slips! LOL

Seriously though, I have a "rice rocket" that will blow the doors off my E55 and the majority of AMGs I've run into. It's also a pile of ****. You don't buy an E55 because you want to beat everyone on the road. You can get beat in your E55 by some spiky-hair teenager in his STAGE VI MOPAR NEON SRT4 WITH LEET GT35R TURBO, but he'll cruise home to his parent's basement with his manual roll-up windows and you'll cruise home to your nice house in your ventilated massager seats and air-ride suspension.

Last edited by Nait Sirhc; 11-10-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nait Sirhc

p.s. what do 400hp Supras, 800hp Supras, and 1100hp Supras all have in common?

They are more reliable, better built, and all blow the doors off the words quickest and fastest E class, while retaining a higher resale value?? Is that what you had in mind....
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also, the same can be said about your CLS...what's the point? You're comparing apples and oranges...

I usually agree w/you but don't see where the E-Class hate is coming from.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Just ignore him! He hates the e55 because secretly he's regretting about his buying cls55. He really want an E55, it lighter, faster, and classier than his humpback cls. Just ignore him, give him some space so he can grief about his mistake. Full_throttle, I feel your pain man. Not everyone can be winner all the time.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
after all, CLS is E class but just looks like a banana
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Just ignore him! He hates the e55 because secretly he's regretting about his buying cls55. He really want an E55, it lighter, faster, and classier than his humpback cls. Just ignore him, give him some space so he can grief about his mistake. Full_throttle, I feel your pain man. Not everyone can be winner all the time.
+1000!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
BWAAAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-10-2009, 12:31 PM

a toy
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
You should see my wife driving our ML.
I've seen her!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 PM

a toy
You do know the E and the CLS share the same platform, right? So you talking **** about the E is basically just pissing against the wind.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Good response, but you forgot to mention another advantage that the E also has a proper back seat. His comments are so off-target it's hard to say whether he is utterly clueless or just has a lame sense of humor.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
That's the spirit, and you're right i secretly wish i owned a cheaper uglier more boring car... E classier than the CLS well that's a first.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM

They are more reliable, better built, and all blow the doors off the words quickest and fastest E class, while retaining a higher resale value?? Is that what you had in mind....
If you really think a Supra is built better than an E55, you're delusional. I'm talking stock for stock; you're talking modified to stock. No one takes the 55K engine to the level that the 2JZ has been taken to, so there's no comparison available.

If there was a comparison available, and the Mercedes aftermarket was as popular as the Supras, we would see 55s at the 7-second level. Why hasn't anyone done this? The difference is that the E55 is a luxury supersedan. The Supra was never a luxury car. It was a sports coupe, and it's only fast when you sink a load of money into it. It will never have the features or comfort that the E55 has. It's not the same class of car. Why not compare the Supra to a Peterbilt while you're at it? OH MAN THE SUPRA CAN'T TOW A 15,000 LB LOAD WHAT A WORTHLESS CAR

You contradict yourself with your own signature. Going fast with class. That's the point of the E55. Supras are not in the same ballpark as the E55 as far as luxury and comfort goes. The high-end Mercedes oozes luxury and prestige, and the AMG models ooze luxury, prestige and speed. The Supra oozes speed. So why do you continue to talk so much crap on a car and a car culture that you yourself own and are a part of?

Last edited by Nait Sirhc; 11-10-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nait Sirhc
If you really think a Supra is built better than an E55, you're delusional.
please stop before i need oxygen.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Let just ignore that guy. It is like talking to the wall.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 PM

It really is quite funny.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner pulling out their seats and putting in Recaros? You know, because the Supra seats are so nice and built so well.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner pulling out their supercharger and building it up? You know, because the stock Supra turbos are so great.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner throwing in an AEM standalone, or HKS/Blitz/Greddy/Apexi air/fuel management or EBC or anything like that? You know, because the stock Supra management system is so great.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner having to replace/upgrade their entire suspension? You know, because the stock Supra suspension is so great.

When was the last time you heard of an E55 owner having to upgrade their lighting? You know, because the stock Supra halogens from the late 90s are so great.

Meanwhile you have thousands of E55 drivers who are perfectly satisfied with their vehicle, stock, which makes 170hp MORE than a stock Supra and will obliterate it in ANY competition. When was the last time you even SAW a stock Supra?

Do you REALLY, SINCERELY believe that a stock Toyota Supra is built better than a $100,000 top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz E55?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rice rockets???