Sponsored by:

supercharger clutchpack question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 e55
supercharger clutchpack question

Has anyone gotten their clutchpack replaced under warranty by the dealer even though you have a larger pulley kit? The reason I ask is because my car is at the dealership now and I had asked them to replace the clutch pack but they said my extended warranty that I purchased from them does'nt cover it. I'm just wondering if they're just saying that because I have a larger pulley.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
If yo have a good SA and an extended warranty that covers clutch packs you should be ok. Even though you buy the warranty from the dealer (i did) its someone else's warranty (another company). Most SA if their cool, dont mind sticking it to the warranty company. Those guys get paid if they fix your car. If they see an opportunity to make themselves more money without haggling directly to your face they will do it.

Basically, if you have an extended warranty on you benz and the service advisor says its not covered. Chances are its not. It sucks, but it is what it is. A service advisor will most always jump at sticking it to another company so they can make more loot and you get your car fixed.