Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
I'm feeling pretty bad about some wheels I bought here

Maybe I'm out of line, but I don't feel good about buying these replica wheels:

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...-spotless.html

I believed I was buying (for $940.00 including shipping) Merceds Benz wheels based on the pictures, description, price and history given.

I got the paypal invoice and it said:

Note from merchant
W211 Mercedes E55 18" factory wheels in great shape. This paypal will cover the cost of shipping to the buyers residence.

At this point when somebody calls wheels "factory" I think they are genuine Mercedes Benz wheels.

The wheels were in the condition described (they actually look pretty nice), but when I looked at the back of them I found out they are replicas.

I contacted the seller and asked for a refund because the wheels are replicas and not "factory" wheels, offering as a good will gesture to ship them back to him at my expense.

The seller refuses to unwind the transaction and give a refund.

If I'm wrong to be upset, please let me know.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
File a dispute with paypal.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:15 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JAY55
File a dispute with paypal.

I did and the claims process only applies to "shipment of goods" and doesn't apply to quality of goods:

You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending
communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the
case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed
any communication you may have had in the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
$940 shipped for used replicas is a pretty sour deal.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Looks like he's wearing a replica Tag; not surprising he'd have replica wheels

Sucks. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I don't see in the original ad (the one you refer to) that it says "factory" anywhere. It just says "off a '06 E55" and that he's getting some stock 19's to replace them(?)

So, did you converse with the seller before and when you bought them? Did you ask if they were indeed factory?

Maybe the invoice (after the fact; after you bought them, right?) was a mistake? Although the price would be factory, I'd assume (?)

It's a bit confusing as to what actually happened here.

Maybe I'm missing something....
Old 11-14-2009, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
If you expected them to be authentic, and they were claimed (anywhere) by the seller as "factory" - I think you've got a legitimate beef. In addition, the "OBO" price appears in line with what I've seen people sell used, authentic factory wheels for - not to mention you could purchase brand new replica wheels for less (~6-700 from a quick google/ebay search).

In a recent thread that went off-topic when two members were going back and forth regarding a bumper sold that was cracked (original was deleted by OP, the supplemental thread is here: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...le-thread.html). Emoving felt pretty strongly that members shouldn't try and pull a fast one on each other - his exact quote is/was:

Originally Posted by emoving
This is friggin great! These guys are serious feminine products!! Trying to rip off a fellow member you ******!
As such, I'm sure his original reply was a misunderstanding... I'd expect he'd allow a reversal of the transaction (especially with you generously offering to ship them back) and emoving could sell his replica wheels to someone else instead.

Worst case, you could take it up with PayPal, but I doubt you'll have to take it to that level. Best of luck with being "made whole" here and in your quest of sourcing authentic AMG wheels. EDIT: Interesting - didn't realize that PayPal only applies to shipping. What if you hypothetically received 15-inch VW wheels instead of 18-inch AMG ones... PayPal wouldn't intervene on your behalf? That's too bad...

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 11-14-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:38 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 220S
I don't see in the original ad (the one you refer to) that it says "factory" anywhere. It just says "off a '06 E55" and that he's getting some stock 19's to replace them(?)

So, did you converse with the seller before and when you bought them? Did you ask if they were indeed factory?

Maybe the invoice (after the fact; after you bought them, right?) was a mistake? Although the price would be factory, I'd assume (?)

It's a bit confusing as to what actually happened here.

Maybe I'm missing something....
I did believe that the wheels were Mercedes Benz wheels. Given the price (fair price for genuine wheels in the stated condition) and history. I asked the seller to invoice me and the invoice indicated they were factory wheels (which I already believed them to be) I paid the invoice.

I did not specifically ask the seller if the wheels were genuine Mercedes Benz wheels before I paid. (That won't happen again) Any question about the authenticity was resolved with the paypal invoice indicating they were "factory"

I suppose what does make me upset is the fact that I pointed out the fact that the wheels were replicas (I don't know if he knew that or not before the sale) and he refuses to give me a refund, even after I offered to send them back at my expense.

If the seller knew they were replicas and didn't state that in the ad, I think that is a bad thing.

If the seller didn't know they were replicas, but believed they were "factory" wheels, and then found out that they were replicas and is unwilling to refund, I think that is a bad thing too.

As I say, perhaps I am wrong to be upset about the deal.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:39 PM

'05 E500
The ad states that these wheels are off of an '06 E55, which clearly implies that they're OEM. I almost made an offer on these, and I definitely thought they were OEM. Emoving needs to do the right thing by reversing the transaction.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Objectionable
I did believe that the wheels were Mercedes Benz wheels. Given the price (fair price for genuine wheels in the stated condition) and history. I asked the seller to invoice me and the invoice indicated they were factory wheels (which I already believed them to be) I paid the invoice.

I did not specifically ask the seller if the wheels were genuine Mercedes Benz wheels before I paid. (That won't happen again) Any question about the authenticity was resolved with the paypal invoice indicating they were "factory"

I suppose what does make me upset is the fact that I pointed out the fact that the wheels were replicas (I don't know if he knew that or not before the sale) and he refuses to give me a refund, even after I offered to send them back at my expense.

If the seller knew they were replicas and didn't state that in the ad, I think that is a bad thing.

If the seller didn't know they were replicas, but believed they were "factory" wheels, and then found out that they were replicas and is unwilling to refund, I think that is a bad thing too.

As I say, perhaps I am wrong to be upset about the deal.
Thanks, that makes more sense now.

It's very possible he didn't know. But I think he may work with you in the end.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:50 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Originally Posted by FirstMB
The ad states that these wheels are off of an '06 E55, which clearly implies that they're OEM. I almost made an offer on these, and I definitely thought they were OEM. Emoving needs to do the right thing by reversing the transaction.
Exactly! Hope the seller step up to resolve this issue.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
He should definitely refund the sale. At the very least, it's a mistake on his part for not knowing they were replicas. At the worst, it's fraud. I would like to think that he too, didn't know they were fake.

Question: Is your paypal account linked to a credit card, or did you do a direct debit from your checking account? If the former, you can open a dispute with your credit card provider.

I have an inkling that once emoving get's wind of this thread, he'll do the right thing.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 11-14-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 PM

Can't be sure but I have been looking for a set of wheels for my E63 for my winter snows and I think I remember sending him a message if these were OEM, MB Manufactured wheels and did not get a response.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:16 PM

2004 E55
wow, emoving and I were ripping mdweiss and his buddies for posting/defending a deceptive classified. pot meet kettle. this better be a misunderstanding that he is going to make right. no member here would have paid that much for fake used wheels.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:56 AM

2005 E55 / 2001 e39 M5
Dispute with your credit card company, screw paypal.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Lets hope he does the right thing. It appears that he is aware of what wheels are what based on his posts on MBW.

Link1

Link2

Link3

And in this post he wanted to trade me some 19" wheels without tires for my FS setup.

Link

Based on the above linked info I believe that the seller was fully aware of what he sold.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Leave the dorr open to act stupid. Off an '06 may mean he didn't know. BUT, it would also mean he would dive on getting it fixed ASAP. If he already said no behind the scenes, I would go after him hard. It is amazing what a lawyer will do with $0 retainer....
Old 11-15-2009, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Here is my take, he sent one email that said "Will you ship?" I responded yes and he paid. I took the wheels off a 2006 E55 and have no idea at this point what to believe from thig guy after recieving multiple law suit threats. Heres what I think, this new member is possibly trying to send me back wheels that were his in the first place and keep the others. He never asked what the back side of the rim said and I did not look or take note. He never asked to take a picture of the back side of the rim or to tell him what they said. I have no idea at this point what rims he is trying to send back. If he wants to file a lawsuit in the court of jurisdiction which is Ohio, (cant be federal because it does not meet the amount required), and if he want to bring the rims here and prove a case I will be happy to show up. But my attorney has advised that he thinks it is the old bait and switch and to not have any more conversations with him since he has threatened a lawsuit which for $800 would almost make no sence. He has threatened to sue me for his attorneys fees which he says are $300 and hour and we all know you don't get attorney fees on this kind of suit.

mricorp: You never made me and offer so don't jump on the bandwagon
mugatu22: Thanks for noticing and if you knew what a TAG was you would know it was not fake.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
P.S. Here is the PM I got the day he opened them up and inspected them! I get the threatining law suit two days later! HMmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoving
Did you get the wheels?
Marcus

Marcus,

I did. They are great - I am very happy with the purchase.

Thanks again.

Ben
Old 11-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Dude.....you are really walking on thin ice.

We were all here and we all watch these prices. Given that and what he already said, there were no issues until the wheels turned out to be replicas. They may look great in a box but replicas are simply not worth what you took from him. Refund the money ASAP or get owned. You will not talk your way out of this and it only looks worse the longer it goes.

PAY HIM HIS MONEY!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:55 PM

Takes the bus.
Replicas for over 900 bucks AND the seller knew they were replicas when he sold it??

That's just unethical, those same wheels WERE sold brand new by oewheels, a local distributor/retailer a year ago for 420.
The new updated look is the same 420 right now as well.

btw I had the new updated set of wheels put on my e55 after cracking an OEM rear rim a few weeks ago, they are great and look 1000x better than stock. each weights a pound less as well.

Last edited by Crescendo; 11-15-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
This does not look good, or clear on the intent of the seller. This is what we have:

1. The ad said "off of a E55". Now, this clearly implies the OEM's off of a E55. Spinning on that point does not fly.

2. On the invoice the OP stated it said "factory" which again states/implies OEM.
3. The guy was happy when he first got the rims, but later looked inside. He realized then they were replicas.
4. The price on these replicas, that are used is on the level of OEM rim prices.

At the end of the day, the OP paid top dollar for replicas he was led to believe were OEM rims. Anyone here would have thought these were OEM's. If I were the seller, I would have clearly stated these were replica rims.

IMO a refund is in order on GP.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 PM

E63, S550
someone is going to get owned
Old 11-15-2009, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E63S wagon
emoving posted enough photos of the wheels to determine very distinguishable markings on each (the scuffs & sizes of the dings) that it would be all too easy to know whether he would get HIS fake wheels back. The argument that the buyer may send back fakes and keep the ones sold is total BS.

The ONLY honorable thing to do is rewind the deal, refund the guy his $$$ back and take the fake wheels back & verify they are the same wheels when received. Or perhaps ruin your rep and never have a shred of respect on this forum again.

Is it really worth all that over $900
Old 11-15-2009, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by Objectionable
Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.
I can't stand paypal sometimes. This is a shipping issue. You ordered factory wheels and were shipped replicas instead. Try again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm feeling pretty bad about some wheels I bought here