VIDEO: The FASTEST STOCK E55 RUN YET!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Exactly, people have differing opinions on stock. My opinion is stock, means the same as it was off the showroom floor. One could make the argument that the 19's have wider tires and maybe stickier tires than stock which counters the weight difference. Even if they put you at a disadvantage (they probably do), it is no longer considered stock IMO. Anything changed on the car, whether for good or bad means that it is no longer stock to me. But thats just my opinion. I'm not trying to take anything away from your runs, they are incredible! Congrats again and I look forward to seeing your future runs
Cool, one of these days I will throw some new conti craps on the back of my stock wheels just to solve a few issue's
Old 11-17-2009, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Cool, one of these days I will throw some new conti craps on the back of my stock wheels just to solve a few issue's
dont bother wasting you time with the contis,they suck and you wont get under 12.8 if there hardened.

Get that thing on a dyno bro,its gots to be in the 490whp range
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
you could use the PS2 as well since that was a stock tire too. 265/35/18
Old 11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Exactly, people have differing opinions on stock. My opinion is stock, means the same as it was off the showroom floor. One could make the argument that the 19's have wider tires and maybe stickier tires than stock which counters the weight difference. Even if they put you at a disadvantage (they probably do), it is no longer considered stock IMO. Anything changed on the car, whether for good or bad means that it is no longer stock to me. But thats just my opinion. I'm not trying to take anything away from your runs, they are incredible! Congrats again and I look forward to seeing your future runs
I have been around this issue for a while. You can't even buy the Contisport 2's that came with my 55 when new. I replaced my Conti's when the rears wore off because I loved the PS2's that were on the cars at the AMG challenge. Really made the car a much better handler, with quicker reaction to steering inputs. It was NOT for the strip. I started out with the same size as stock and then increased to 275's. My best 60's were on the 265's for some reason.

I made sure that when I ran my times, I clearly disclosed that I had on different tires. I think there is just no point in sand-bagging or not being open about what you did.

I heard (and read) criticisms from members here and on other boards about how the car wasn't "stock" with different tires and how the car must have had some secret mods on it that I was hiding. It got really annoying at times, mostly because I was always upright about the tires I used and because my car was otherwise stock down to the filters.

My car, like Hammer's, was just a fast car. It dyno'd along the average for stock cars, so the motor wasn't any stronger. The more I went to the strip, the quicker the car got. It just learned to go faster. Hammer is doing the same things I did, and is finding some good top end power. I am not sure that Hammer's wheels are helping or hurting his 60's or trap, but he isn't hiding what he has done to his car. Too bad that isn't always the case.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Ahmad, I happen to completely agree with you on this subject. I think the term stock should mean 100% Stock.... the car should be in the same condition as it left the showroom floor (assuming of course the dealer doesn't modify it). And as Enzom stated, any minor modification should be stated as such, for example, Stock on "different tires", or [/B]Stock on "wider rims"[/B], or Stock on "drag radials", or Stock with "no spare"/"weight reduction", etc....

This way, we have at least some type of distinction between someone who is running 100% stock vs someone who's running "almost" stock.