Sponsored by:

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Advice

Guys,

I've been lurking the forums for a little while now. After much debate and confusion, I have decided to go for an E55. Never had a mercedes before so I am looking forward to a "change" (hopefully good). I have gathered a lot of data after reading the posts about the options available on the car and what can be done afterwards etc. Here is what I am looking for

Car: E55
Year: 03 - 05
Color: White
Mileage: less than 60k
Options: Pano roof, Navi, keyless Go, Distronic and/or Parktronic (desirable but not a must)
Budget: 25k Max

Now, I know I cant be very specific since I am buying a used car...but I am willing to wait for the right one even if it takes me 6 months. I just want to get the right car. So what do you guys think....is this something that I can get?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
I have been looking for two months for nearly the same car.
Given your color, option and mileage requirements I think your budget is too low.
Most I have seen (admittedly 2005-2006)have been in the low 30's.
Good luck...where you located?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 PM

2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
that was my same critera too -- I waited 2 months -- I was really lucky -- found one in S.F. -- So, I was actually able to see it without too much investment. there are not alot of E55's -- its not an M3... Remember about 10% are white color and about 10% of all E55's have the pano option. these numbers are generous from my experience of searching --
25k is not enough money -- tax and reg. and you need an extended warranty = that combination is very desireable and scarce to find on the market.
My advice -- either increase your budget a lot !! or start looking at other colors/options or a different car entirely.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 PM

well, I am not totally stuck at white. if given the right options, I will consider other colors as well.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by guysandiego
that was my same critera too -- I waited 2 months -- I was really lucky -- found one in S.F. -- So, I was actually able to see it without too much investment. there are not alot of E55's -- its not an M3... Remember about 10% are white color and about 10% of all E55's have the pano option. these numbers are generous from my experience of searching --
25k is not enough money -- tax and reg. and you need an extended warranty = that combination is very desireable and scarce to find on the market.
My advice -- either increase your budget a lot !! or start looking at other colors/options or a different car entirely.
so what did you get and how much did you pay!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:45 PM

2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
I got what i wanted --you can see my pic-- like i said -- I was really lucky... but i spent alot more than 25k... and still took me 2 months to locate. Its very difficult to find this car period -- let alone for dirt cheap -- not going to happen -- need to be realistic --
However, you can find black/silver ones with no options and high mileage for around 25k --- Seriously, 25k for a E55 is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Best of luck to you -
Old 11-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Surprisingly, I am able to find a few nice ones within my budget. The only issue is that they are not the color I want. Options are pretty much there. Thanks for your advice guysandiego.

Anybody else wants to chime in and provide some more insight!

Thanks.

Trending Topics

Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM

E63 AMG
Just be patient, I looked for about a month or so and got lucky with my white one. Has all options except pano and parktronic/distronic.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
If you are willing to settle for a silver one 25k will probably get you one. But if you want white which is rare, or the triple black (black, black leather, black wood) it can take more time to located and price may be higher too. it took me about 2 months to find my triple black last year. white on black was another option for me too but the only one i could find on east coast was 8000$ more then what i got mine for
Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I found a White one with all options, man do I love it. Patience is key, I waited nearly 2-4 months but found it. Keep looking if you really want a white one. I hear they are fast...
Old 11-18-2009, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Hey MrKool - Patients is the key. I looked for six months (casually). Some cars I would walk up to and I knew right away it wasn't happening. You're on the right track you know the color and options. Rule of thumb lower milage the more $ your going to pay.
I'm very happy with the one I found. While your looking for your ride see if you can determine where your going to have it repaired because if you get a car without warrenty you'll want someone reputable at a resonable price. I'm furtunate to have two friends that are mechanics at MB.

Good Luck
Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 AM

yea, I am in no way planning to own this car without warranty. From what I have read, it seems the chrysler warranty is the best option.

and yes, I have got plenty of time and since this is going to be my first mercedes, I am going to be extremely patient and get the one I really want.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:49 AM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by MrKool
yea, I am in no way planning to own this car without warranty. From what I have read, it seems the chrysler warranty is the best option.

and yes, I have got plenty of time and since this is going to be my first mercedes, I am going to be extremely patient and get the one I really want.

You may want to consider a CPO from a MB stealer since Chrysler right now isn't providing warranties for MB's. Not sure if they plan to any time soon but if they do get it I have had no issues with it. They have no problem in paying whole sale prices and have yet to question anything on the car that needed to be fixed. Let's just hope they start offering it again for new owners like yourself! Good luck finding the one you want. I know there was a white one that was for sale for 40k in SF for well over a year but the mileage was high for that price, I'm wondering if that is the one guysandiego picked up?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 AM

2004 E55 AMG--1999 E55 AMG--2007 ACURA MDX--E-GLIDE Electric Skateboard
Searched for 4 months to find mine. Pano roof, dynamic seats, cornering lamps, navi, 100% stock. Paid 25K with 70,000 miles, from original owner. Im so lucky!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
You may want to consider a CPO from a MB stealer since Chrysler right now isn't providing warranties for MB's. Not sure if they plan to any time soon but if they do get it I have had no issues with it. They have no problem in paying whole sale prices and have yet to question anything on the car that needed to be fixed. Let's just hope they start offering it again for new owners like yourself! Good luck finding the one you want. I know there was a white one that was for sale for 40k in SF for well over a year but the mileage was high for that price, I'm wondering if that is the one guysandiego picked up?
Where are you getting your info from? I just spoke to Tod yesterday and am about to purchase a 2 year warranty for the E55. They told me this is a rumor and it is not true. I also just purchased a 4 year warranty for the CL65 before selling it...
Old 11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
MrKool - Go to the classified section, I know it's not white but how often do you come acrross an 05' E55 with 8,700 miles? Original owner with options and a nice aftermarket headunit. Price is $37,000. It's a post by MBH.