W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time at the track and command issues please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
First time at the track and command issues please help!

Hello all

yesterday was my first time at the drag strip with the car and it only went 12.7 at 110. It was really hot outside and the water temps never got any lower than 100 degrees. Its a surprise for me cause i been racing 115 trap speed cars on street and have been roasting them.

Biggest issue of them all is when i was letting my car cool down i was listening to some music without the key in the ignition and then all of a sudden my command unit froze and died on me. I reset the battery and it came back on but with no audio controls working on steering wheel. I went and reset the batt again and the navigation stopped working as its only a black screen. So i let it reset over night and the navigation screen is still black and no audio controls are working and the only thing it displays on cluster is name of song playing. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 PM

a unicorn tuned p30 e63
after taking the battery to batt plus, they said it was good and finished charging what little it needed. When i came home i installed it and the nav now works but the audio control buttons do not and the direction only says north on the nav info on cluster.. any ideas?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM

a unicorn tuned p30 e63
anyone? any ideas?
Old 11-23-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Infiniti
Hello all

yesterday was my first time at the drag strip with the car and it only went 12.7 at 110. It was really hot outside and the water temps never got any lower than 100 degrees. Its a surprise for me cause i been racing 115 trap speed cars on street and have been roasting them.

Thanks guys.

There is your answer. Heat is our cars biggest enemy. What track were you at? My car feels like it gains 40hp at night in 55 degree or cooler weather. Running numbers at the track is harder then it looks. It doesn't mean your car is not quick. Just need some practice, cool weather, and take some precautionary measures. Unsure about the other issues. Maybe, someone else can chime in about that?