Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
The best days of Vegas for me:

The day I get there ... and the day I leave
Hahaha... SOOO TRUE!!! Im from the Bay Area of Nor Cal and I thought about moving there also... until I stayed there for a couple of weeks. The quality of life SUCKS there. So guess where I am moving... SD!!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by guysandiego
Actually - I dont like to visit Vegas -- I am not a gambler or big into shows --- I am a pretty boring and quiet person -- So, owning a nice house may be enough reason to live there... I am pretty easy going -- I have lived in other countries -- I think I am getting use to the idea -- like 65-75% leaning toward the move --

That's how me and the wife are.........we just live normal lives on the West side. We don't go and hang out at/on the strip unless friends are in town visiting. There's so much more to do other than drink and gamble. It does get HOT here during the summer but a nice dry summer here is nothing like the horrible humid summers I spent in Houston. I have some friends that moved out here from SD and had a house there and here for two years and then decided to ditch the other place and just live here in Vegas.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 PM

2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
Yeah the weather is a factor --- poor E55 may need to get some cooling mods after all ---

To kinda answer the question -- I have traveled and lived in a lot of Asian Countries --- So, I have felt the hot humid weather --- and being a native San Diegan - I know the dry heat feeling --- We get those Santa Ana winds that roast us --- guess that is how Vegas will always feel in the summer.... thats why humans made A/C and swimming pools. Lake Mead is nearby too.

Also, SD is becoming more Mexican with every passing day -- so, i say i have lived in Mexico too.

Very good point -- the neighborhoods are changing -- I dont think it can be much worse than parts of SD or LA... In just the last 4 years -- the population has changed a lot in SD.

Well, keep the replies coming -- I am happy to hear the variety of opinions --- basically ----love or hate the idea----- not much middle ground.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:57 AM

CLS 550 Black AMG pkg. E55 Platinum Blue Monte Carlo Blue Acura NSX-T Desert SilverBMW 650
Everywhere has its good and bad there isn't a perfect place period. Vegas's best neighborhoods are Summerlin, Centennial Hills, Southern Highlands etc.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Special_K
Everywhere has its good and bad there isn't a perfect place period. Vegas's best neighborhoods are Summerlin, Centennial Hills, Southern Highlands etc.
Thanks for the help -- If you have time -- give me more info on the etc. because I only know what I hear which is Summerlin and stay to the westside of Vegas.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
location location location....
Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 AM

2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by guysandiego
Thanks for the help -- If you have time -- give me more info on the etc. because I only know what I hear which is Summerlin and stay to the westside of Vegas.
Why don’t you just ask him where you should live so that your sensibilities aren’t offended by being forced to live near “Mexicans?”
Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 PM

being forced to live near Mexicans ??? I am actually trying to convince my good friend "mexican" to move to Vegas too and be my neighbor. But I dont want to live next to a gang of them.
I just want a good area - where the crime and element are better. I dont want to move and end up in some low class housing development. Also, dont want to drive around the neighborhood and see a bunch of 'hip hopping' punks. Not too crazy about folks sittting on a sofa parked in the front lawn too.

Once again - thanks for all the insight - Buying a house is proving to be too big of a benefit -- I am confident that I will be moving to Vegas soon. I will look at houses in a few weeks -- I may make an offer too.

So, if your in Vegas -- You may be seeing me soon and often.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:04 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Go SD North County (Encinitas, Solano Beach ,etc). Perfect life style in my opinion. Beach, weather and ladies with less make up than my grand mother (Vegas
Old 12-07-2009, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Moving to Vegas, especially after San Diego or So Cal...NEVER. I could understand thinking Vegas was amazing if you were moving from New Jersey...

Owning isn't worth the lifestyle & weather change there.