Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V goes 10.3 @136...Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
yeah but how long can the stock bottom end hold that 16psi ?????
Old 12-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
yeah but how long can the stock bottom end hold that 16psi ?????
boost level has little to do with how long the bottom end will last.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
LOL Jody is scared
I won't even play....
Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by pearlpower
It's called cheater gas for a reason. Anyone willing to step up to run their E with a 200 shot? Not sure how much this E55 is pushing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nei_OUiLqOU
Yea, how much nitrous is this benz running?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpD4o...eature=related
Old 12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Yea, how much nitrous is this benz running?
Dude you can hear it in the sound of the motor on launch....id say 175 shot?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 PM

MB
Originally Posted by Max.H
There is a quite a bit of tuning you can do with it. They have single and dual stages, progressive. All kinds of interesting ways to apply it to your setup. Don't knock it till you tried it. (not directed at you, just saying)
Shoot they even have cams grinds specific for nitrous. It [nitrous] has changed a lot since the early days of it being a "hidden" power adder to one up your competition.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Dude you can hear it in the sound of the motor on launch....id say 175 shot?
Good guess! Its a 175 shot out the hole and then a 250 shot once it hits second gear. Dual stage homie!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Cars
I wouldn't want 800whp all the time. That doesn't sound appealing to drive on a daily basis. Especially in a luxury car. Nitrous is used by a lot of hardcore drag racers. It's meant for track or even Mexico runs.

Sure you can technically slap it on any car. But, you can do the same with headers, exhaust, tune, camshafts and headwork. People have a huge misconception with nitrous. There is a quite a bit of tuning you can do with it. They have single and dual stages, progressive. All kinds of interesting ways to apply it to your setup. Don't knock it till you tried it. (not directed at you, just saying)
Since I started this argument, and realize it's old as sin, I will comment.

I don't hate nitrous. It has it's uses. However, no matter what you say (and I've been around it enough to say this) for a street car it's the easy way out. Don't give me this stuff that nitrous is complicated. It's more complicated than stock, but for 200rwhp I can guarantee you this nitrous setup is a lot less complicated than the actual engineering it would take to make this CTS-V make it otherwise - like say with tuning, cylinder head work, supercharger modification, bottom end modification, or whatever. It's easy HP, especially when you compare it to what else it would take to make the same HP. You can take your mother's Camry and put a 75 shot on it and I can tell you it would take it all day with almost no nonsense whatsoever. That's easy, hillbilly HP.

Engineering impresses me. No OEM car on earth runs nitrous. They make HP the old fashioned way. Turbos, superchargers, and efficient engines. That's what I like. I like having it all day, every day. No extra bottles, no extra pumps, tanks, and other nonsense. Just my right foot.

The guy who compared race gas to nitrous - apples to oranges. Your car needs fuel to run, it doesn't need nitrous to run. I am not opposed to race gas but to compare one car that runs race gas to another that's on pump obviously requires one to realize that race gas will make more power than pump gas if the car it setup for it. It's still not anything like nitrous.

I am impressed with 600rwhp, but I am not impressed with 800rwhp on juice. This isn't a pro drag car, so don't compare it to one. To use a dual stage nitrous kit that squeezes a 250 shot on top to run a 10.3 simply does zero to impress me. The only thing I might give kudos for is driving the thing, but as I said, I won't even bother to click the link because I honestly see no point to it.

-m
Old 12-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
A power adder is a power adder. blower swap, big *** GT 47-88 turbo, Juice its all the same.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I won't even play....
cause you cant
Old 12-03-2009, 04:03 PM

2004 SVT Cobra
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
The second I saw the word juice was the second I decided not to click the link.

I don't know about everyone else, but putting a 100, 200, or whatever shot on a car to make it fast really does absolutely nothing for me.
From what I read the CTS-V also made a few non-N2O passes that day and went 10.81@126+ off the juice.

I'm personally not a big fan of N2O either, but both of their best runs (on and off the juice) are pretty stout.

I am impressed with 600rwhp, but I am not impressed with 800rwhp on juice. This isn't a pro drag car, so don't compare it to one. To use a dual stage nitrous kit that squeezes a 250 shot on top to run a 10.3 simply does zero to impress me. The only thing I might give kudos for is driving the thing, but as I said, I won't even bother to click the link because I honestly see no point to it.

-m
I may be wrong, but I think think the dual stage N2O was on the Benz video that was linked a few posts up. Another video on that Caddy claimed it has a 100 shot on it (and yes I see the dyno graphs posted with and without the N20 on the Caddy).

Another view of the N20 pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm5d1...layer_embedded

From the rear.

Last edited by gnxs; 12-03-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
cause you cant
Soon....very soon. Get your food ready.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by gnxs
From what I read the CTS-V also made a few non-N2O passes that day and went 10.81@126+ off the juice.

I'm personally not a big fan of N2O either, but both of their best runs (on and off the juice) are pretty stout.
From what I see, it's no even running slicks. Seems to be the Toyos R888 which is a R compound street tire. With a good 60 footer this car should have a very good ET.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:11 PM

2004 SVT Cobra
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
From what I see, it's no even running slicks. Seems to be the Toyos R888 which is a R compound street tire. With a good 60 footer this car should have a very good ET.
It was running 18 inch C5 ZO6 rims (which apparently fit the CTS-V nicely) and 305/35/18 Mickey Thompson drag radials. It ran a pretty decent 1.64 60 ft. on it's 10.32 pass. Likely won't get a much quicker 60 ft. unless they get rid of the stock converter. I doubt the trans is gonna live long, especially if it makes alot of N20 passes.

Last edited by gnxs; 12-03-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by gnxs
It was running 18 inch C5 ZO6 rims (which apparently fit the CTS-V nicely) and 305/35/18 Mickey Thompson drag radials. It ran a pretty decent 1.64 60 ft. on it's 10.32 pass. Likely won't get a much quicker 60 ft. unless they get rid of the stock converter. I doubt the trans is gonna live long, especially if it makes alot of N20 passes.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55

I don't hate nitrous. It has it's uses. However, no matter what you say (and I've been around it enough to say this) for a street car it's the easy way out. Don't give me this stuff that nitrous is complicated. It's more complicated than stock, but for 200rwhp I can guarantee you this nitrous setup is a lot less complicated than the actual engineering it would take to make this CTS-V make it otherwise - like say with tuning, cylinder head work, supercharger modification, bottom end modification, or whatever. It's easy HP, especially when you compare it to what else it would take to make the same HP. You can take your mother's Camry and put a 75 shot on it and I can tell you it would take it all day with almost no nonsense whatsoever. That's easy, hillbilly HP.

Engineering impresses me. No OEM car on earth runs nitrous. They make HP the old fashioned way. Turbos, superchargers, and efficient engines. That's what I like. I like having it all day, every day. No extra bottles, no extra pumps, tanks, and other nonsense. Just my right foot.

The guy who compared race gas to nitrous - apples to oranges. Your car needs fuel to run, it doesn't need nitrous to run. I am not opposed to race gas but to compare one car that runs race gas to another that's on pump obviously requires one to realize that race gas will make more power than pump gas if the car it setup for it. It's still not anything like nitrous.

-m
I see your points, my comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular. Just an observation. Engineering is a much more impressive feat. But, very costly and it's not for everyone just like nitrous.

I didn't say a nitrous system was more complicated then building a motor to increase power. But on that note. I don't think any yahoo, hill billy, or backyard mechanic can perform and tune a nitrous system at this level. Not the same as putting a 75hp shot on a camry. This CTS-V is running on a higher platform. So, one can only assume that they are likely running an auxiliary fuel cell with race gas, extra fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, colder spark plugs, and certainly an MSD ignition that will prevent the spark from blowing out. The engine will have to be tuned to a safe AFR as well as optimum ignition timing retard. It's not rocket science but not exactly that simple either. Either way these guys deserve a lot of credit for there efforts.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
A power adder is a power adder. blower swap, big *** GT 47-88 turbo, Juice its all the same.
I fundamentally disagree, especially on a street car. The engineering merit it takes to put a new blower or large turbo on a car is much higher than putting a shot of nitrous. To Max H.'s point, running a two stage nitrous system is not the same as running a dry 75 shot, however it is still nowhere near as complicated as what it takes to add 250hp to a motor the old school way.

-m
Old 12-04-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
I see your points, my comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular. Just an observation. Engineering is a much more impressive feat. But, very costly and it's not for everyone just like nitrous.

I didn't say a nitrous system was more complicated then building a motor to increase power. But on that note. I don't think any yahoo, hill billy, or backyard mechanic can perform and tune a nitrous system at this level. Not the same as putting a 75hp shot on a camry. This CTS-V is running on a higher platform. So, one can only assume that they are likely running an auxiliary fuel cell with race gas, extra fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, colder spark plugs, and certainly an MSD ignition that will prevent the spark from blowing out. The engine will have to be tuned to a safe AFR as well as optimum ignition timing retard. It's not rocket science but not exactly that simple either. Either way these guys deserve a lot of credit for there efforts.
Fair enough Max and valid points.

-m
Old 12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
so nobody sees what is wrong with the E55 video of Derek FSU?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by juicee63
so nobody sees what is wrong with the E55 video of Derek FSU?
are you talking about how Derek tripped both timing lights? He said it himself way back when, he also said that Amen had to of run mid to high 11's but we will never know
Old 12-04-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
are you talking about how Derek tripped both timing lights? He said it himself way back when, he also said that Amen had to of run mid to high 11's but we will never know
Ok that explains it , thanks Mr. Hammertime. See you tomorrow for the battle of Sacramento.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
as people with brains have noted, high oct gas, turbos, headers etc last longer than 15 secs. You're a crackup btw, been PMing and got the low down on you...toothpick boy...

-Rob
Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by transferred
as people with brains have noted, high oct gas, turbos, headers etc last longer than 15 secs. You're a crackup btw, been PMing and got the low down on you...toothpick boy...

-Rob
Please keep your cars stock before you hurt yourself *boy*.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Using nitrous is like bringing a gun to a fist fight. Why do you think they make stealth N2O kits that cost more than an exposed setup? You don't hide it just to be cool, you hide it because you know you're cheating.