H town track dilemma!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
H town track dilemma!

It seems everyone in the country is getting to the tracks in great DA and breaking records.. H town weather and track dates are just not working out this year.. HRP is only open one day a week verses 3 in past year. They do not return calls on track rentals and you get banned for life with one illegal run.. Ok, that is cool but at least open the track more or rent the mother out!!

I have been driving around with this new Jerry dyno tune (50 more RWHP VS last times) and new mods for what seems like 2 months now.. Several trips on street tires to the track ended in spin city! Gave up on street tires and been rolling daily on Micky Thompson ET drag radials (28 PSI).. Deadly combo on the street and they ride nice and quiet!

We have another Track owned by Hennesay racing and it is open twice a month but if the ground is wet from a rain several days before, they also close.. Rained out twice in the last few weeks at both tracks but we get minus 1500 DA here on all the other days of the week. Go figure!

Now here is the big kicker!! I wait all week to make it to one of tracks this week and DA is minus 1000K plus all week. Then all the sudden today,, it is Fricking snowing in Houston, Ice storms and rain mixed in that will turn to solid ice by Track open time.. WTF? I assume the other track will close Saturday, as they do not like parking on the wet grass.. Damn, how hard can it be to get to a track these days..lol I got race fever bad!!!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-04-2009, 02:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s
You have some luck huh? Lol.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Even Shardul`s car is working on being snowed in and it was track bound today too.

Pic 2 is an hour later.
Attached Thumbnails H town track dilemma!-snow.jpg   H town track dilemma!-snow2.jpg  

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 12-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Poor thing is out in the cold. Well the bright side is that my IATs are in the 40's today lol
Old 12-04-2009, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
You lucky your tracks are even open. All the tracks around here are closed for the year. If we want any fun we have to veture to "Mexico".
Old 12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
You lucky your tracks are even open. All the tracks around here are closed for the year. If we want any fun we have to veture to "Mexico".
+1
Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Glad my girl isn't alone... I love how Houston freaks out when there's any weather. I got to go home early, already enjoying a beer. My girl's in the garage now, all warm and cozy.
Attached Thumbnails H town track dilemma!-acolde55.jpg  
Old 12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
+1
Forgot about the tracks up North closing.. I feel so much better now.. (j/k)

I have been waiting a year and going to call the track in San Antonio to see if they are not snowed in.. 2.5 hour drive on Mickey Thomsons but what the hell..That drive should have them warmed up and close to being a slick..lol..

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
I've been getting emails with pictures all day...all with the subject "it's snowing!!!!"

hahahaha. best part is, I looked on the weather forecast...it is supposed to be 65 next week... WTF???

...and honestly, how in the world did it snow in Houston before it snowed in NJ.... that's messed up. I miss Houston
Old 12-04-2009, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Guess that Global Warming garbage is really true LOLOL
Old 12-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Forgot about the tracks up North closing.. I feel so much better now.. (j/k)

I have been waiting a year and going to call the track in San Antonio to see if they are not snowed in.. 2.5 hour drive on Mickey Thomsons but what the hell..That drive should have them warmed up and close to being a slick..lol..
I drove home on ET Streets (not radials) from pretty much Chicago lol Just dont get caught in any precip and you should be fine.
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I've been getting emails with pictures all day...all with the subject "it's snowing!!!!"

hahahaha. best part is, I looked on the weather forecast...it is supposed to be 65 next week... WTF???

...and honestly, how in the world did it snow in Houston before it snowed in NJ.... that's messed up. I miss Houston
It was 65 here yesterday and it will snow here tomorrow
Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I drove home on ET Streets (not radials) from pretty much Chicago lol Just dont get caught in any precip and you should be fine.

It was 65 here yesterday and it will snow here tomorrow
Its going to be very cold here in AZ saturday. Its to bad I got trans issues because I would be at the track. Its time for you die hards to head west and play with us in the sun.

Moving to AZ from Boston was the best move ever. I simply could not see myself in a AMG this time of year in beantown.

Fear not though, the snow will melt and you guy will blast off some record times.