Did some strange today (better ET)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Did some strange today (better ET)

Well, H town was snowed out and all tracks closed.. Got up and drove 2.5 hours in the ice to a new (strange) track for me.. It is in the hills near San Antonio Texas and is 600 feet above sea level..

Made a bunch of passes but could not hook on this track .. It is an NHRA track but only 20 cars showed up to race all day for test tune and bracket racing None of my 60 ft were better than my street tire runs , of the past.. Car would grab and then break loose or just break loose..

Best ET was 11.53@122.62mph with a spin 60 ft time of 1.794.. Tried pressure from 23-16 PSI but lower PSI was hard to warm tires and would bog on S/C down in the burn out area.. Ideas???

Checked IAT`s and engine temp on the way. Ambient was 38-42 deg. on the way, IAT`s only 48-52..lol The engine temp is staying to cold now at 156 to 162 deg. on hwy speeds.. With low IAT`s and cold engine, the motor can stumble, when boost is applied at that cold temps. I feel the cold IAT`s are a must but need engine to run warmer for best perfrormance..

Track was supposed to stay open but they ran us off 4 hours early, as it must have been costing them money to stay open..
Attached Thumbnails Did some strange today (better ET)-clrun2.jpg   Did some strange today (better ET)-clrun.jpg  

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-07-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Camaro
Not bad times for running at SAR. Track prep allways sucks at the track if there are no big events. Since there no one there and no big horsepower cars to lay down some rubber. You might have hooked off the line but ended up spinning 30' down track.

Good to see you picked up some MPH. But if Houston will ever get some decent weather when HRP is open you should be turning out some low 11 ET and some 124-126mph.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Well, H town was snowed out and all tracks closed.. Got up and drove 2.5 hours in the ice to a new (strange) track for me.. It is in the hills near San Antonio Texas and is 600 feet above sea level..

Made a bunch of passes but could not hook on this track .. It is an NHRA track but only 20 cars showed up to race all day for test tune and bracket racing None of my 60 ft were better than my street tire runs , of the past.. Car would grab and then break loose or just break loose..

Best ET was 11.53@122.62mph with a spin 60 ft time of 1.794.. Tried pressure from 23-16 PSI but lower PSI was hard to warm tires and would bog on S/C down in the burn out area.. Ideas???

Checked IAT`s and engine temp on the way. Ambient was 38-42 deg. on the way, IAT`s only 48-52..lol The engine temp is staying to cold now at 156 to 162 deg. on hwy speeds.. With low IAT`s and cold engine, the motor can stumble, when boost is applied at that cold temps. I feel the cold IAT`s are a must but need engine to run warmer for best perfrormance..

Track was supposed to stay open but they ran us off 4 hours early, as it must have been costing them money to stay open..
what car was next to you running the 12.04@118? do you remember looks like that was a hell of a close race.

You are consistant and you learn each time out. Sounds like this track could be great for a private rental with some extra cah for prep.

Thanks for posting the slips,
Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Congratulations on getting into mid-11's, especially on an unfamiliar dragstrip. These cars are coming to life! AMG represent
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by juicee63
what car was next to you running the 12.04@118? do you remember looks like that was a hell of a close race.

You are consistant and you learn each time out. Sounds like this track could be great for a private rental with some extra cah for prep.

Thanks for posting the slips,
I think it was a 08 Z06 and he ran a 11.68@ 125 mph on the next run with a spinning 2.00 sixty. He also owns a C class Kompressor car.

Would be a nice track to rent but hate giving up the 600 ft above sea level..

A new GTR was only allowed to run 8th mile and he had a 7.00 @ 100 mph in the 8th!! No traction issues for all wheel drive..

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 12-07-2009 at 10:19 PM.