Who drives your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
All women are not stupid. All you have to do is ask her to be careful and don't park so close. My wife drives my CLS all the time and she is just as careful as i am so whats your point? Maybe you should reevaluate the company you keep.
Always so confrontational...
Old 12-21-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Esh
Wordnearly every thread he touches...
Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by mugatu22
Some of you guys need a reality check. It's a car. Yes it's our "baby" but the arrogance of not allowing even your WIFE to drive the car...doh. The stuff some people must say about some of you behind your backs...?

i'm with you.
unfortunately, i think this thread says something about the regular contributors here. interesting bunch indeed. i would think it must be pretty difficult to enjoy something you are so afraid of damaging or losing. i certainly mean no disrespect. i'm not calling anybody out here. you all may have your reasons. but i haven't really heard any good ones yet. scratching a wheel? please. one fella said he wouldn't let the valet park his E55, but would let them park his CLK. so it's OK if the valet wrecks the CLK? i'm not totally understanding that one. not allowing a wife or girlfriend to drive the car is another interesting move. you know she and her girls are rolling about that one. add to that all the other ridiculous things you do by virtue of being male, and you may have difficulty earning respect among the ladies. maybe that isn't important. maybe the most important thing is maintaining the integrity of your cars paint and wheels. well, good luck with that. the best way to avoid heartache in that regard is to garage the f**king thing. wash it, wax it and throw some fancy 20's on there. then poor yourself a cocktail and stare at. nothing wrong with that hobby at all. usually, the fellas that do this choose cars that have significant historical value or are super rare. the e55 does not have that. that is to say, no history, and everyone and their brother has one. they are utterly unremarkable. and this is coming from someone who has 1 of less than 200 AMG wagons. the car is great, and is STILL utterly unremarkable.

get over your cars, and get over yourselves. it looks silly. be better than laughable. raise a glass to the brilliance of the AMG folks, then move on to something important. you are the only one in your life who cares about your car's engine. trust me.
cheers.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:17 AM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
E-Class
^^
Reminds me of a scene from Transformer where Megan Fox's character ask the guy with the H3 hummer if she can drive and hes freaking out over his rims lol.

That aside, I would let anyone drive my car, if the damage is done, then its done, it sucks and you gotta live with it, and learn from it. I let my friend drive the S550, she went up the curb and pushed the mesh grill out, some paint damage to the front under bumper, but otherwise can still drive. But I would still allow my friend to drive it because of our history.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Traffic53
i'm with you.
unfortunately, i think this thread says something about the regular contributors here. interesting bunch indeed. i would think it must be pretty difficult to enjoy something you are so afraid of damaging or losing. i certainly mean no disrespect. i'm not calling anybody out here. you all may have your reasons. but i haven't really heard any good ones yet. scratching a wheel? please. one fella said he wouldn't let the valet park his E55, but would let them park his CLK. so it's OK if the valet wrecks the CLK? i'm not totally understanding that one. not allowing a wife or girlfriend to drive the car is another interesting move. you know she and her girls are rolling about that one. add to that all the other ridiculous things you do by virtue of being male, and you may have difficulty earning respect among the ladies. maybe that isn't important. maybe the most important thing is maintaining the integrity of your cars paint and wheels. well, good luck with that. the best way to avoid heartache in that regard is to garage the f**king thing. wash it, wax it and throw some fancy 20's on there. then poor yourself a cocktail and stare at. nothing wrong with that hobby at all. usually, the fellas that do this choose cars that have significant historical value or are super rare. the e55 does not have that. that is to say, no history, and everyone and their brother has one. they are utterly unremarkable. and this is coming from someone who has 1 of less than 200 AMG wagons. the car is great, and is STILL utterly unremarkable.

get over your cars, and get over yourselves. it looks silly. be better than laughable. raise a glass to the brilliance of the AMG folks, then move on to something important. you are the only one in your life who cares about your car's engine. trust me.
cheers.
Bravo god damn Bravo!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
My POINT EXACTLY. I love these guys talking about "I have 400 extra hp and 600 extra tq"...so WHAT? It's a car, if you can't afford to let others enjoy it- you may be in over your head. Hell- I TAUGHT my ex gf how to drive stick in a heads/cam z06 that was pushing just about 700rwhp. WHO THE HELL CARES??
Old 12-22-2009, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by Esh
Just disregard everything that he says, too bad we don't have ignore the user button
Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
but i haven't really heard any good ones yet. scratching a wheel? please. one fella said he wouldn't let the valet park his E55, but would let them park his CLK. so it's OK if the valet wrecks the CLK? i'm not totally understanding that one. not allowing a wife or girlfriend to drive the car is another interesting move. you know she and her girls are rolling about that one. add to that all the other ridiculous things you do by virtue of being male, and you may have difficulty earning respect among the ladies. maybe that isn't important. maybe the most important thing is maintaining the integrity of your cars paint and wheels. well, good luck with that. the best way to avoid heartache in that regard is to garage the f**king thing. wash it, wax it and throw some fancy 20's on there. then poor yourself a cocktail and stare at. nothing wrong with that hobby at all. usually, the fellas that do this choose cars that have significant historical value or are super rare. the e55 does not have that. that is to say, no history, and everyone and their brother has one. they are utterly unremarkable. and this is coming from someone who has 1 of less than 200 AMG wagons. the car is great, and is STILL utterly unremarkable.

cheers.
so many stuff that I don't agree on this post that I don't even know where to start with. for each, it is own.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by itsmeek
My POINT EXACTLY. I love these guys talking about "I have 400 extra hp and 600 extra tq"...so WHAT? It's a car, if you can't afford to let others enjoy it- you may be in over your head. Hell- I TAUGHT my ex gf how to drive stick in a heads/cam z06 that was pushing just about 700rwhp. WHO THE HELL CARES??
This.

When my wife and i were dating i taught her to drive a stick in a 98 cobra with a Novi and a 4:10 ring and pinion. Most of the women i know bang gears with the best of them. However then again we are not talking about 40 year old 350 lb house wives either.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 12-22-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by itsmeek
those people that are not rich enough to able to purchase z06 engines the next day your gf would blew it up.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Karlson
those people that are not rich enough to able to purchase z06 engines the next day your gf would blew it up.

Why would his girl blow his engine up. You're such a condescending douche towards women, which seems to be the norm around here.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 AM

Renntech E63S
so many stuff that I don't agree on this post that I don't even know where to start with. for each, it is own.
you could start with a proper english sentence. then, i would love to hear why your car is so exceedingly special and irreplaceable that it is worth behaving like a 3 year old screaming: MINE, MINE, MINE!

with so much to choose from, you chose nothing? nice.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why would it blow my engine up? (or why would she 'blew it up'?) More likely- my clutch may get toasted. But then again, most of your posts show your lack of knowledge, so nothing to be surprised about here.

Last edited by itsmeek; 12-22-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
hmm, my bad about engine, i was thinking about clutch but put engine there. but lol about the lack of knowledge, I never said that I have a lot of knowledge engines, just experience.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just don't get ur attitude that women are such idiots at driving, it took me a day to teach each of my gf's and a day to teach each of my brothers to drive manual. A car is made to be worn and torn on, unless she dropped it from 100 into 2nd (which most cars prevent), the engine would be fine.

Last edited by itsmeek; 12-22-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
you could start with a proper english sentence. then, i would love to hear why your car is so exceedingly special and irreplaceable that it is worth behaving like a 3 year old screaming: MINE, MINE, MINE!

with so much to choose from, you chose nothing? nice.
damn, what's wrong with people today? Anger management or wtf? my car is no way, shape or whatever you want to call SPECIAL, so I don't get where did all these hate comments come from? All I said that if you guys are rich enough to fix your rides after your wife/gf curbs the wheels, scratches the door while parking and etc more power to you. Sorry, English is not my native language.

Last comment really lost me.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by mugatu22
Why have nice cars like ours and allow NO ONE to enjoy them other than us? That's what traction control is for.

Especially wives. Who drives you guys home after a few cocktails? Wifey. Here are the keys. Enjoy the E63, don't step on her too hard.

Some of you guys need a reality check. It's a car. Yes it's our "baby" but the arrogance of not allowing even your WIFE to drive the car...doh. The stuff some people must say about some of you behind your backs...?
+2... My woman can drive my car whenever she wants, not because she says she can, but because I say she can. She knows how to take care of things and knows not to push things beyond her capabilities. Never had a problem w/ her in last 10 years with any my cars. Never a ding, scrape, or curb rash. Some of you guys have scary relationships.

I also let friends drive my cars, even ones who don't have powerful ones. I have good friends that know it would be wrong to put my car into a wall, but to be quite honest these AMGs are kind of hard to do that with, so I've never had a problem. I do admit I am a bit overprotective of my cars because the effort I put into keeping them up, but not to the point where I keep them in a bubble all day and think they are clad with gold.

-m

Last edited by Marcus Frost; 12-22-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:44 AM

Renntech E63S
damn, what's wrong with people today? Anger management or wtf? my car is no way, shape or whatever you want to call SPECIAL, so I don't get where did all these hate comments come from? All I said that if you guys are rich enough to fix your rides after your wife/gf curbs the wheels, scratches the door while parking and etc more power to you. Sorry, English is not my native language.

Last comment really lost me.
no dude. don't misunderstand. that's not hate or anger. you are absolutely right that everybody has different opinions or styles. no issue there at all. i'm not mad at you man, i was simply looking to discuss the differences. clearly, you are very protective/possessive of your car. i'm on the other side of the fence. i am very eager to share the machine with others who may appreciate it. i like cars and i like to trade them in for different ones pretty often. the FIRST thing i do after i get a new-to-me car is share it with my friends and family- if it's worth sharing. a new civic...who cares. a new 500hp AMG wagon...yes indeed. whoever wants a go is more than welcome. after all, i didn't build it- i bought it!

i feel the same way about a bottle of wine, some special food, a fancy camera, a bicycle- whatever. enjoying exceptional things alone is, well- lonely. sharing is always better than not. kindness is always better than rudeness. so by all means- i apologize if you took offense to my post. not the intention. my opinion is to lighten up about this stuff. don't be held hostage by your concern for your car. that said, if you can't afford to maintain and repair the car, then you probably can't afford to own it. i always thought the same thing about lending money. if you can't afford to never see it again, don't lend it.

the bottom line is that you can't possibly protect your car from accident damage. whether i let people borrow the car or not, someone can still broadside me on the way home from work. and if that happens to you, your girlfriend is going to quietly be laughing her *** off that your precious hunk of metal is all bent. why? because it's payback for being mentally attached to metal.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
What up with all the internet judging? Treat each other with respect and value their opinions especially when/if they differ from your own.

No personal attacks and the thread stays alive.

Its the holidays- be happy!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
My 19 year old daughter drives mine down the track, no problem,, Just ask Juccie63 j/k

Hey Vic this is for you MERRY X-MASS to all.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
My 19 year old daughter drives mine down the track, no problem,, Just ask Juccie63 j/k

Hey Vic this is for you MERRY X-MASS to all.
What up bro!!!!!! Your post didnt have enough emoticons
Old 12-22-2009, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Its the holidays, be happy and cheerful :-)

anyways, i don't put my car on a pedestal, but i don't trash it either. I try to be extra careful with it. But if something bad does happen to it, oh well. My wife rather drives her car than mine. Her reasoning, she doens't want to deal with the hassle of parking far away/corner spot and worrying about someone dinging the door.