W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just wondering, is this typical of MB dealerships?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
You are certainly right about MB of Alexandria, they don't have MB loaner cars. You typically end up with a Nissan product. I was there yesterday, but didn't need a rental thank god. I usually go to ASC because then, I have the possibilty of getting a MB loaner. Not all Mercedes Dealerships are alike, some are better then others. I prefer ASC then MB of Alexandria. I haven't tried Mercedes Benz of Tyson's Corner, because that is out of the way for me. I don't mind so much getting a Nissan, it would be nice to drive a Mercedes, the bottom line is I can't wait until my car is done, so that I can drive my Benz again. And all is good with the world once again.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Incorrect- as I purchased my '05 e500 4matic from there and whether I have taken that car in, my e55, or my gl- it's always the same issue. They are rude and there is an enterprise right in there- there is no choice of getting a mercedes loaner. At least in MB of Alexandria.
we are talking about two different dealerships in two different states. i was referring to a dealership here in california. so its not incorrect
Old 12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
we are talking about two different dealerships in two different states. i was referring to a dealership here in california. so its not incorrect
Actually it IS incorrect because you didn't state that in your original post- you generalized. But whatever..
Old 12-16-2009, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Originally Posted by Yuille36
You are certainly right about MB of Alexandria, they don't have MB loaner cars. You typically end up with a Nissan product. I was there yesterday, but didn't need a rental thank god. I usually go to ASC because then, I have the possibilty of getting a MB loaner. Not all Mercedes Dealerships are alike, some are better then others. I prefer ASC then MB of Alexandria. I haven't tried Mercedes Benz of Tyson's Corner, because that is out of the way for me. I don't mind so much getting a Nissan, it would be nice to drive a Mercedes, the bottom line is I can't wait until my car is done, so that I can drive my Benz again. And all is good with the world once again.
MB of tysons was a bad experience for me, I have heard good things about ASC. The range rover dealership bends over backwards for me, as did the Porsche dealership, even the acura dealership and I had an rsx-s...
Old 12-16-2009, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Humm Interesting -
I purchased my last MB from Manhattan MB, and I initially would bring it to Greenwich MB (closer to work) and received a loaner. A year later I brought it in for another service and they told me that they won't loan me a car because I din't purchase the car from them??
I recently brought an e55 privately and brought it to White Plains MB for service (closer to home) and they just asked me if I needed a loaner.

On another note: I went to Greenwich MB when I was looking for an e55 and I never received a call from them that they have one, or found one.
I guess I'm NOT STUFFY enough for them.
My $$ is green wherever I go. A little courtesy / respect goes a long way.
White Plains MB I'll be back
Old 12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
This loaner policy is ridiculous. The margin they make off the sale of a car vs. the margin they make off parts/service is all the argument I need.

$80/hr labor and 50-80% markup on parts?? And you want to put me in a WHAT???

I had my SA at my stealer try and put me in some *****box last time I had my car in for work, so I pointed out this little disparity. Next thing you know I was being handed the keys to a 335xi with 200 miles on the odo.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I always get a MB loaner here in Daytona, a C300, which from the moment I leave the lot leaves me missing the AMG.