W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GUIDE: Installing Factory Comand Navigation (with pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 10:01 AM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320, 2008 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by DamageHigh
Hello @charlesb2003

This bracket is for the Parktronic control module I think, you need this one: A2115455440, as for the side panel, I don't know where to buy them as my car already has correct side panel.

Please go again to Engineering menu and write me SW Ver. HU then I will know which version you have.
You can download maps from internet for free and burn it on DVD, but if you are below V12 then you will first have to download V12 and then from V12 to whichever version you want.

You have this bracket

You have this bracket

This is how it looks when everything is done

DONE!
Thanks for the very helpful post! I'll order the other bracket ASAP.

I recently updated the headunit firmware to the latest version so I no longer have access to the engineering menu. It was from this link - https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post7380012

I hooked up the navigation drive I bought just to eject the disc and it's from 2005.5, not sure the version. Could you post or PM me the link to download the map DVDs? It would be very much appreciated!
Old 02-14-2020, 10:07 AM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320, 2008 E320 Bluetec
Also if anyone could help with a part number for the side panel for the trunk, my car has fold down rear seats and black carpet, and I do have the little chrome tie down loops in the floor. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2020, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes W211
Originally Posted by charlesb2003
Thanks for the very helpful post! I'll order the other bracket ASAP.

I recently updated the headunit firmware to the latest version so I no longer have access to the engineering menu. It was from this link - https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post7380012

I hooked up the navigation drive I bought just to eject the disc and it's from 2005.5, not sure the version. Could you post or PM me the link to download the map DVDs? It would be very much appreciated!
No problem! Are you sure you don't have anymore access to the engineering menu? Because I also updated to the latest version and I still have access to the engineering menu...then again I am from Europe maybe only EU headunits have access to the engineering menu in the latest version.
On the disc it's written which Version it is, this old DVD from 2003 was in DVD Navi drive when I bought it, as you can see it says V4.1

I downloaded maps for Europe I don't have maps for USA, but you can easily search for it on internet ( Mercedes W211 NTG1 USA maps )
Old 02-14-2020, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes W211
@charlesb2003 No problem! Are you sure you don't have anymore access to the engineering menu? Because I also updated to the latest version and I still have access to the engineering menu...then again I am from Europe maybe only EU headunits have access to the engineering menu in the latest version.
On the disc it's written which Version it is, this old DVD from 2003 was in DVD Navi drive when I bought it, as you can see it says V4.1

I downloaded maps for Europe I don't have maps for USA, but you can easily search for it on internet ( Mercedes W211 NTG1 USA maps )