W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M3-ADDICT'S First Time Buyer Thread- Benz Dealer PPI Suffiencet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Best There Is E60 ///M5
M3-ADDICT'S First Time Buyer Thread- Benz Dealer PPI Suffiencet?

Hi

Looking to purchase E55 AMG outside warranty with roughly 60K miles. Will a Benz Dealer PPI be more than sufficient as to know how clean the car is. Also anywhere I can check the service record on the car from the dealership? What are some major services needed from the E55 AMG? For example for M3s with Inspection I and Inspection II. The car is 2004 but has had 4 owners, would that reflect the value of the car?

Thanks,

Shay
Old 12-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
the car has too many owners, it will not affect the value of the car. there could be a reason why the ownership has changed so much.
the sales person at a MB dealership can pull up a VMI (service record) on the car.
PPI will surely help.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I hope you are not considering the one you found being ragged on on Youtube! I think PPIs are a waste of money. They do a half *** job and hardley look at the car. I did one on a 2003 BMW they said checked out perfect. When it rolled of the transporter I could hear it was missing. I drove it and tried to clear it out with no luck. I ended up having to put $100 worth of plugs in it and new MAFS sensors to the tune of $600. All that after I paid some dip**** BMW mech. $300 for a PPI in Texas. You best bet is to find a local member to check it out for you in person if you can not make it there.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by emoving
I hope you are not considering the one you found being ragged on on Youtube! I think PPIs are a waste of money. They do a half *** job and hardley look at the car. I did one on a 2003 BMW they said checked out perfect. When it rolled of the transporter I could hear it was missing. I drove it and tried to clear it out with no luck. I ended up having to put $100 worth of plugs in it and new MAFS sensors to the tune of $600. All that after I paid some dip**** BMW mech. $300 for a PPI in Texas. You best bet is to find a local member to check it out for you in person if you can not make it there.
Lol, it was for that car but I made this thread before I digged up the user's info on the age and seeing the video just made it Game Ovr. But I still want to know as a first time buyer, what I can do. But you are right, it's hit and miss on PPI since they don't really have a guarantee or stand behind a car or anything.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Lol, it was for that car but I made this thread before I digged up the user's info on the age and seeing the video just made it Game Ovr. But I still want to know as a first time buyer, what I can do. But you are right, it's hit and miss on PPI since they don't really have a guarantee or stand behind a car or anything.

I was actually looking at another car in Ca. and the dealer told me they don't do PPis because they can be held liable if they miss something. They reccomended a garage down the street. I was like WTF! So again, find a member here to check the car out for you. There are lots of good people and chances are someone lives close to the car you are possibly looking at. Other then going and looking at the car yourself, you are always going to rely on someone else and we usually know what happens then.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy

Well well well. Look who it is. The guy that hates on Benzes and worships BMW's now wants to buy an E55? This is CLASSIC! Do us all a favor and stay away! Didn't you say benzes are like having mustang motors and that only grandpa's drive them? I can't stop laughing, seriously! I see you haven't sold the M3 you've been trying years to sell. Are your parents buying you this car too?

Last edited by blackbenzz; 12-28-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
just running the car for codes could be worth it even if they don't check it. If they find fault codes on an expensive item then you can hit up the seller to pay for the faulty parts.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz

Well well well. Look who it is. The guy that hates on Benzes and worships BMW's now wants to buy an E55? This is CLASSIC! Do us all a favor and stay away! Didn't you say benzes are like having mustang motors and that only grandpa's drive them? I can't stop laughing, seriously! I see you haven't sold the M3 you've been trying years to sell. Are your parents buying you this car too?
Maybe he got his azz wooped in his M3 by grandpa on the way to church with a full car load!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Banned

Sup sexy, M3 was sold a month a go. I had a 1974 BMW 2002 TII, plaid with that for a month and now that's sold and looking to get back. I miss torque and M5 does not deliver. After seeing what the E63 P30 did to Matt's car, it was made clear that Benz is the next choice. So now, shopping for a E55 AMG.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Maybe he got his azz wooped in his M3 by grandpa on the way to church with a full car load!
He is a paper racer. He has talked trash about my car/benzes SOOOOOOOOO much which is why I find it absolutely hilarious he wants one now. He would never race anybody, just quote magazines and say how the M3 is so great! Everyone knows he would get absolutely DESTROYED in a race against me. He just likes to run his mouth. He also makes up BS like saying I swapped a mustang motor in my car
Old 12-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
just running the car for codes could be worth it even if they don't check it. If they find fault codes on an expensive item then you can hit up the seller to pay for the faulty parts.
True, but I can get Autozone to read codes too. Buit 99% of these cars are out of state, so I don't know if a dealer will take it to AutoZone so a dealer is my best bet.

Lol, no but a lot of M3 owners will be getting their asses handed to them. Hopefully E60 M5, but I don't think E55 AMG is faster than the E60 M5.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Banned

He is a paper racer. He has talked trash about my car/benzes SOOOOOOOOO much which is why I find it absolutely hilarious he wants one now. He would never race anybody, just quote magazines and say how the M3 is so great! Everyone knows he would get absolutely DESTROYED in a race against me. He just likes to run his mouth. He also makes up BS like saying I swapped a mustang motor in my car
Whatever, I don't think anyone has ever wanted to race you. Your car is not even a Benz at this point.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think the E55 is faster then the E60.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
^ His cousins all drive E60 M5's (of course M&D sponsored) and got raped by a E63
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Your car is not even a Benz at this point.
Then what is it?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^ His cousins all drive E60 M5's (of course M&D sponsored) and got raped by a E63

Then what is it?
Its a BADAZZ CLK MB, thats what!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

I think the E55 is faster then the E60.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Haha thanks . Just wondering why anyone would not consider it an MB MB motor, MB ECU, MB body, MB on the registration etc etc
Old 12-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

Haha thanks . Just wondering why anyone would not consider it an MB MB motor, MB ECU, MB body, MB on the registration etc etc
Ok baba, it's a Benz & the fastest one
Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Because they are !
Old 12-28-2009, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
C'mon guys give him a break, after all, he has seen the light (as in MB tail lights) and as the old adage goes, "If you can't beat them, join them."
Old 12-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
I would highly suggest to find a good independent shop that knows MBZ to do a PPI.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Shop over Dealership, good suggestion. Anyone know one in Santa Monica
Old 12-28-2009, 08:50 PM

2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
I'd recommend having an MB dealer do it, just because they'll find EVERYTHING (even things that don't really need replacing.

I once put a $500 deposit on an 03 E55 in Florida, with the rest pending the results of the PPI. The dealer selling the car claimed that they had done a 105-point inspection and everything was fine, but I still wanted a manufacturer confirmation. I had an MB dealership in Palm Beach, FL do a PPI for $250. The MB dealer found ~$10,000 worth of damage (blown suspension, loads of leaks, busted trunk motor, etc etc etc) and the used car dealer tried to claim that the MB tech was making it up because "she wanted to buy the car and she was BS'ing me so I wouldn't buy it".

This dealer also refused to refund my "fully refundable" deposit because they insisted the MB dealership was making all the issues up. Took me 6 months to get it back, through my card dispute process because the piece of **** salesman (Kerry) at Palm Beach ignored all 50+ of my emails, voicemails, and phone calls.

Moral of the story: Stay the hell away from Palm Beach Pre-Owned, and ALWAYS get a PPI. Benz dealer PPI should be sufficient.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nait Sirhc
I'd recommend having an MB dealer do it, just because they'll find EVERYTHING (even things that don't really need replacing.

I once put a $500 deposit on an 03 E55 in Florida, with the rest pending the results of the PPI. The dealer selling the car claimed that they had done a 105-point inspection and everything was fine, but I still wanted a manufacturer confirmation. I had an MB dealership in Palm Beach, FL do a PPI for $250. The MB dealer found ~$10,000 worth of damage (blown suspension, loads of leaks, busted trunk motor, etc etc etc) and the used car dealer tried to claim that the MB tech was making it up because "she wanted to buy the car and she was BS'ing me so I wouldn't buy it".

This dealer also refused to refund my "fully refundable" deposit because they insisted the MB dealership was making all the issues up. Took me 6 months to get it back, through my card dispute process because the piece of **** salesman (Kerry) at Palm Beach ignored all 50+ of my emails, voicemails, and phone calls.

Moral of the story: Stay the hell away from Palm Beach Pre-Owned, and ALWAYS get a PPI. Benz dealer PPI should be sufficient.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3-ADDICT'S First Time Buyer Thread- Benz Dealer PPI Suffiencet?