W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Lowering Modules: Are all equal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Originally Posted by 930chas
Sorry for all the questions, but is it safer to go lower with lowering links? I don't know if that makes sense, but if I want to go lower should I install the links as well, or am I alright just to drop it another notch or 2 with the Renntech?
It all depends on what you are after. Is it safe? yes. How will you like the ride? Depends on you. I say you adjust your ELM, and see how you will like it. If you don't, raise it higher or lower.

I kept my links in when I had the ELM installed because I like to ride low...most people will not like to ride that low.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
Originally Posted by tbone
It all depends on what you are after. Is it safe? yes. How will you like the ride? Depends on you. I say you adjust your ELM, and see how you will like it. If you don't, raise it higher or lower.

I kept my links in when I had the ELM installed because I like to ride low...most people will not like to ride that low.
Hey Terry,
Here's pics of the unit that arrived today. So the dials are in the black module? Do you unscrew it every time you want to adjust the height? For 1300 beans i expected a nicer looking module!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Yup, the dials are inside the black box. I think Renntech "thought" they could drum up business for their remote because of this...but not for $600, not me at least. It only takes me a few minutes to remove the cover and adjust. I rarely adjust ride height anyway. If you want to adjust height regulary, PM Jangy for pics of what he did. He extended the knobs.