Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by wizos6
Hey,

I got my stuff all in and it will be put in Friday morning...I will take some photos over the weekend and my first impressions. Honestly it will take a month to play with all the functions but thats the fun of it.
Perfect timing as my stock system has been acting flaky like cds stop playing, audio cuts out for a day or so. I'll be looking for those pics anxiously!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:21 PM

E63
PIONEER AVIC-Z110BT 2DIN INDASH AV/GPS/BLUETOOTH NEW 09
Price seems very good. Checking seller's feedback, looks like he sold at least like 6 of them and customers are happy about it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-Z11...item414bf31c03
Old 01-07-2010, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
If anyone has this done, first off, where did you tap for the speed sensor (wire color and location) and also, can you tap into the existing nav antennas vs running a new wire for a new antenna?
Old 01-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
These kinds of threads almost always go nowhere. The original posters almost never comes back or posts pics. When i get my car back from Eurocharged im going to take the plunge and post a full review.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 01-08-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
I purchased the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT today with all the bells and whistles back up cam sirius..ect and the ebay din tray. Install scheduled for Monday. We are doing an amp and full speaker and sub replacement, nothing fancy really. I will post pics and my review hopefully on Wednesday.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looking forward to seeing how well integrated the unit looks in the console.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
I purchased the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT today with all the bells and whistles back up cam sirius..ect and the ebay din tray. Install scheduled for Monday. We are doing an amp and full speaker and sub replacement, nothing fancy really. I will post pics and my review hopefully on Wednesday.
Where are you having the work done?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Where are you having the work done?
A place called the streamline in Maryland.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:53 PM

Audi s6
Alright just went to see progress and they killed the battery...they have been working on it since Friday morning.. It looks like the din kit was missing the cage and some extra trim which they threw together and it does not help eith curvature of the panel which I will show u guys when I get it home. The other thing is the camera looks huge in the rear but I might change it latter as soon as smaller more oemnlooking one comes out. They have installed the blue tooth mic right next to my radar detector and tell me that's the best place for it? They also did the DVD hack in the rear so it plays when driving... I am typing this on my iPhone so i am sorry how terrible the typing is-- dam auto text!!!
More to come latter-- I got bronchitis this weekend and feel like ****e!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Alright just went to see progress and they killed the battery...they have been working on it since Friday morning.. It looks like the din kit was missing the cage and some extra trim which they threw together and it does not help eith curvature of the panel which I will show u guys when I get it home. The other thing is the camera looks huge in the rear but I might change it latter as soon as smaller more oemnlooking one comes out. They have installed the blue tooth mic right next to my radar detector and tell me that's the best place for it? They also did the DVD hack in the rear so it plays when driving... I am typing this on my iPhone so i am sorry how terrible the typing is-- dam auto text!!!
I went with a black camera plate frame you cant even tell the camera is there.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Any updates?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
I went with a black camera plate frame you cant even tell the camera is there.
i have been contemplating on which camera to get for a while now to add to my Alpine W505 setup in the E.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by prodigymb
i have been contemplating on which camera to get for a while now to add to my Alpine W505 setup in the E.
The camera plate seemed to be the cleanest look, i will post pics when the car is done.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:21 PM

Audi s6
I have been trying to wait to show everyone till its completely finished...

Basically the schrosh kit you can get, the only kit they sell currently really sucks...Plus the had to custom a kenwood kit for the cage and surround around the radio to make it look right.
They could not figure how to get the illumination wire connected correctly and finally got a solution to it which I have to go back again because it is wired to my parking lights and not my headlights. Basically this is what dims the radio at night otherwise you get a suntan at night.
The camera is not my favorite. I bought the really nice pioneer one thinking it was going to be smaller but noope...So I will probably get the license plate one but be careful and not get the plastic ones as they leak water and are not as good.
They tried to hide the antenna for me too for the gps and sat radio and used the the stock antenna for radio...Well the radio does not work as great and they are going to have to mount the sat radio antenna on the dash or outside to keep a constant signal...
One last thing I found out...The secret compartment or your 6 disc changer drawer does not work without the stock radio..>I dont know why but we took it apart to see and the motor wont kick open the drawer with the new radio in?
The pac steering wheel control right now only works the volume and thats it...I think we are going to try and get it to use the phone functions but at this point it looks like its a ***** to program...The nav and radio does not appear in the cluster
The best part of the install is where the installed my amp...The put in on the the rear deck upside down in the trunk..>I will show pics of all of this when its done...BUt its out of the way and has plenty of cooling.
The car has upgraded focal speakers which sound good but its missing the bass portion...I have already got them to run a sub RCA as well so that we can get one 10 or 2 8's hidden in the back somewhere...Where is the question and I going to hold out on that for a min.

So, long story short...Still in progress and I did not really want to show till its done...
Old 01-13-2010, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I have been trying to wait to show everyone till its completely finished...

Basically the schrosh kit you can get, the only kit they sell currently really sucks...Plus the had to custom a kenwood kit for the cage and surround around the radio to make it look right.
They could not figure how to get the illumination wire connected correctly and finally got a solution to it which I have to go back again because it is wired to my parking lights and not my headlights. Basically this is what dims the radio at night otherwise you get a suntan at night.
The camera is not my favorite. I bought the really nice pioneer one thinking it was going to be smaller but noope...So I will probably get the license plate one but be careful and not get the plastic ones as they leak water and are not as good.
They tried to hide the antenna for me too for the gps and sat radio and used the the stock antenna for radio...Well the radio does not work as great and they are going to have to mount the sat radio antenna on the dash or outside to keep a constant signal...
One last thing I found out...The secret compartment or your 6 disc changer drawer does not work without the stock radio..>I dont know why but we took it apart to see and the motor wont kick open the drawer with the new radio in?
The pac steering wheel control right now only works the volume and thats it...I think we are going to try and get it to use the phone functions but at this point it looks like its a ***** to program...The nav and radio does not appear in the cluster
The best part of the install is where the installed my amp...The put in on the the rear deck upside down in the trunk..>I will show pics of all of this when its done...BUt its out of the way and has plenty of cooling.
The car has upgraded focal speakers which sound good but its missing the bass portion...I have already got them to run a sub RCA as well so that we can get one 10 or 2 8's hidden in the back somewhere...Where is the question and I going to hold out on that for a min.

So, long story short...Still in progress and I did not really want to show till its done...
Sorry I missed your call the other day! But to answer your question, no, I dont know anyone that has installed an aftermarket radio in these cars.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by emoving
Sorry I missed your call the other day! But to answer your question, no, I dont know anyone that has installed an aftermarket radio in these cars.
heh i have

the project def took a lot of work.

-Alpine W505 Indash
-Alpine NVE-P1 Navigation
-MCSQ6.5 - Memphis MClass 6.5" -Component Speakers Front
-MCSQ6.5 - Memphis MClass 6.5" -Component Speakers Rear
-JL Audio 500/1 Amp
-JL Audi0 10W7-V3 Sub
Old 01-13-2010, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by prodigymb
heh i have

the project def took a lot of work.

-Alpine W505 Indash
-Alpine NVE-P1 Navigation
-MCSQ6.5 - Memphis MClass 6.5" -Component Speakers Front
-MCSQ6.5 - Memphis MClass 6.5" -Component Speakers Rear
-JL Audio 500/1 Amp
-JL Audi0 10W7-V3 Sub
Nice! He called to pick my brain by I got nothing! You obviously may be able to give him some good info. He is having some issues with the install.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM

e55
Im thinking about installing the same head unit, be sure to take a lot of pics as any info would be helpful
Old 01-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Audi s6
Well I did not want to post any pics yet but people have asked and pm me for some so here goes...You will see what I am talking about in the photo about the din kit...Its not sexy, you loose the the bottom drawer and I have a noticable gap that needs a custom part to finish up nice...

Here is the rear camera in the back --ummm not soo bad...

Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haaaaa...if I didnt know you I would think you were pointing a shotgun out your trunk!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM

Sold - CLK500
i recently installed on in my clk500, the bluetooth hands free is great
Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 PM

SL500
More pics please!
Are the steering wheel commands working properly?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have never been excited over the image quality of license plate cameras so I'm curious how yours turns out. On my last car I used a nice all metal unit off Ebay for $80 which was xlnt, OEM appearance, distance lines builtin, and fit snugly under the trunk lip, need to check to see if it would fit nicely on the 'G'
Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 PM

E63
Is that the only din kit will fit our W211? They all have a gap on the bottom?

Well I did not want to post any pics yet but people have asked and pm me for some so here goes...You will see what I am talking about in the photo about the din kit...Its not sexy, you loose the the bottom drawer and I have a noticable gap that needs a custom part to finish up nice...

Here is the rear camera in the back --ummm not soo bad...

Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 PM

E63
I guess Yes. Thats the only kit lol. Unless custom made one. Cause I got mind installed today. Will take some pictures and show you guys. Love this head unit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT