Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Sacramento?

http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/etracingseries.html
Old 01-01-2010, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Thanks for posting this. You just saved me a trip tomorrow. I was going to go for TnT tomorrow and had no idea it was drags all day. Guess I'll ride up Sunday instead.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Thanks for posting this. You just saved me a trip tomorrow. I was going to go for TnT tomorrow and had no idea it was drags all day. Guess I'll ride up Sunday instead.
on my way
Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
See ya there. I'm hoping traction tomorrow will be better than usual due to the big drag event that ran today. I'm on street tires and need all the help I can get.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Wow! You diehards...lol.

Since I'm not making the Famoso event this will most likely be my last chance to break my PB unless late February gives me a cool winter day. My wife might actually be coming to this one to finally watch me race....WTH LOL. She always laughs at me and calls me a showoff when I do my burnouts LOL!!!!

My plan is to make 3 passes at most so I need to make them count!!!! Cooling off and launch consistency will be key into me running well....execution time. I already ran my car more than I ever thought this past year and it will be taking a break after this one. Wish me luck guys and I'm going for 10.6's if the weather permits.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Wow! You diehards...lol.

Since I'm not making the Famoso event this will most likely be my last chance to break my PB unless late February gives me a cool winter day. My wife might actually be coming to this one to finally watch me race....WTH LOL. She always laughs at me and calls me a showoff when I do my burnouts LOL!!!!

My plan is to make 3 passes at most so I need to make them count!!!! Cooling off and launch consistency will be key into me running well....execution time. I already ran my car more than I ever thought this past year and it will be taking a break after this one. Wish me luck guys and I'm going for 10.6's if the weather permits.
Weight reduction time!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Weight reduction time!
I'm thinking about it but I'm not sure if taking the passenger seat out is worth it or not. It seems like a lot of trouble for minimal gains but then again anything will help right now. Either way I'll fully disclose whatever I decide to do. I'm done with modding and most likely won't even do a 100 octane tune so weight reduction might be the only option. The car is running to damn well to mess with anything and it's stronger than I ever hoped. Keeping up with guys like Blackbenz and his accomplishments is a impossible task. The best I could do is strive to beat my own PB's and continue on.

Both the East and West coast guys have represented MB well this past year and my hat goes off to everyone. Bottom line....tuners have really stepped up this past year and hopefully they'll continue making improvements to make us both faster and quicker!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 AM

I'm thinking about it but I'm not sure if taking the passenger seat out is worth it or not. It seems like a lot of trouble for minimal gains but then again anything will help right now. Either way I'll fully disclose whatever I decide to do. I'm done with modding and most likely won't even do a 100 octane tune so weight reduction might be the only option. The car is running to damn well to mess with anything and it's stronger than I ever hoped. Keeping up with guys like Blackbenz and his accomplishments is a impossible task. The best I could do is strive to beat my own PB's and continue on.

Both the East and West coast guys have represented MB well this past year and my hat goes off to everyone. Bottom line....tuners have really stepped up this past year and hopefully they'll continue making improvements to make us both faster and quicker!!!!
What matters is we as a whole (AMG world) have proven that these cars are not slow like the M5board likes to show. Which I'm sure is why that white M5 you put a beating on the other day stayed back after he picked the fight with you!

I'm sitting at work as an extra bored out of my mind, why am I tempted to just go home and go to the track. Only if I didn't unpack the car from last weeks runs, oh well she needs to rest a bit!

You guys have fun and post up results or text me them!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I really wanted to join you guys, but I missed this thread as I was out of town yesterday.... Anyways, good luck to all of you out there and lets see some new personal bests
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I really wanted to join you guys, but I missed this thread as I was out of town yesterday.... Anyways, good luck to all of you out there and lets see some new personal bests
Wish you could have made it. I set nothing but PWs . I need a driver upgrade. It was fun meeting up with a few of the members here though.

Mike I was looking for you too, not to race but I expected the regulars. You should have came up. There must have been about 14 cars total at the track.

Last edited by cahiil55k; 01-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM

Wish you could have made it. I set nothing but PWs . I need a driver upgrade. It was fun meeting up with a few of the members here though.

Mike I was looking for you too, not to race but I expected the regulars. You should have came up. There must have been about 14 cars total at the track.
I work Sundays or I would have watched
Old 01-04-2010, 12:32 AM

'07 Charger SRT8
Good times. Nice meeting you Josh. You are a funny guy! And thanks for the observations on my launches. I watched the video and had to laugh. Sorry the drag racing gods won't let you into 11-second Valhalla.

Alan, great watching your car as always.

Ku, you need some drag radials.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by budoboy
Good times. Nice meeting you Josh. You are a funny guy! And thanks for the observations on my launches. I watched the video and had to laugh. Sorry the drag racing gods won't let you into 11-second Valhalla.

Yep, agreed on all these points Jeff. Your car looks mean and the exhaust note says muscle car. Josh was a great instructor but I could not properly apply the techniques just yet. Alan can drive anyone's AMG and make it faster. I don't think I'll hit up Sac anymore until I either get drag radials or learn how to launch the car properly in any track/weather condition.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

Great meeting you too!!

Crap that was a long drive, oh well stuck on 12.00000000000

Ku , you will get it man, awesome car , just stunning.

Alan as usual, great consistancy from your E55. nother batch of 10.8-11.0 , just unreal.

I improved on my 1/8th , 1/4 ET and trap but not by enough LOL.

Last edited by juicee63; 01-04-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

It was great seeing you again Jeff and I hope you get things all worked out .

Yep, agreed on all these points Jeff. Your car looks mean and the exhaust note says muscle car. Josh was a great instructor but I could not properly apply the techniques just yet. Alan can drive anyone's AMG and make it faster. I don't think I'll hit up Sac anymore until I either get drag radials or learn how to launch the car properly in any track/weather condition.
Hey Kou, It was great meeting up with you again and the car is running strong. All you need to do is get some DR's and mid 11's will be a breeze, trust me you'll need them at Sac!

Haha....thanks Kou on the compliment but the times I got you were nothing special. Street tires for anyone today would have been a difficult task. Just keep on practicing what I showed you and your launches will improve, ask Mo.

Originally Posted by juicee63
Great meeting you too!!

Alan as usual, great consistancy from your E55. nother batch of 10.8-11.0 , just unreal.

Thanks for coming up again Josh and it sucks you didn't get in the 11's. I thought after your first run it was a given. All though you did drive away with 2 new PB's on a far from perfect day . Your consistency is amazing and you are truly a great driver.

Haha...I'm very familiar with that drive and it is very long, ask Sal .

Today was identical from last but just a tad warmer. I'm now convinced that the high humidity plays a roll on our SC'd cars. My launches were consistent and solid but yet my numbers were a tad off. My handheld had humidity at close to 96% most of the day . At least I'm learning and experiencing the different types of conditions and how they affect our cars.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Great meeting you too!!

Damn Josh, almost there bud keep at it as you and I both know its worth the wait. I wish I could've made it but I've been sick all week. Welcome to the 120mph club
Old 01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Damn Josh, almost there bud keep at it as you and I both know its worth the wait. I wish I could've made it but I've been sick all week. Welcome to the 120mph club
Thanks man.

She trapped 120.3-120.6 all day. Definately liked the air and seemed the high humidity effected the boosted cars more than the N/A. Interesting.

I think I needed you there to coax me through that 12 sec wall that is in my way me for dam near a year now.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Videos? Comon Alan where are you man , Im sure we all wish to see that 10.86??
Old 01-04-2010, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Yeah his car is dialed in pretty damn good. His goal is to run 10.6x just as mine is to run 11.6x. I'm getting my oils changed this week, engine,trans and rear diff and if I have time I will get my front tires rebalanced then I will be ready for the track again and I have to get rid of this cold/cough
Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Haha....I forgot all about the videos. I just got the camera out of the car and went through some footage. Kou, DAMN....when you told me you got sideways I didn't realize it was that bad. Glad you recovered safely .

Josh, this was the "Juicee Show"!!! Like last time I didn't get any of my 10.8 runs in only a lame 10.902. What's funny is that I hot lapped after the 10.902 run and hit a PB 1.585 with my best of the day 10.86. The videos are downloading as I type and like always they'll be posted.

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Yeah his car is dialed in pretty damn good. His goal is to run 10.6x just as mine is to run 11.6x. I'm getting my oils changed this week, engine,trans and rear diff and if I have time I will get my front tires rebalanced then I will be ready for the track again and I have to get rid of this cold/cough
Thanks Jack! Im done for the month of January and most likely run in February at Fontana, if Mo decides to get an event going.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
I feel lucky to have regain control on that fishtail but I blame myself for shutting off ESP when I already knew the very real risks. It was bad for me all around though - blurry videos, poor runs and decisions, dropping stuff into the engine bay...haha but still was cool. I have a video from inside my car where the ESP light blinked 5 times in first gear and then another 8 times thru second gear, and this was not even WOT. That's why I applauded how you drove my car. I trapped higher and ran quicker in 1700' DA than I did in the -450' muggy air Sunday.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I feel lucky to have regain control on that fishtail but I blame myself for shutting off ESP when I already knew the very real risks. It was bad for me all around though - blurry videos, poor runs and decisions, dropping stuff into the engine bay...haha but still was cool. I have a video from inside my car where the ESP light blinked 5 times in first gear and then another 8 times thru second gear, and this was not even WOT. That's why I applauded how you drove my car. I trapped higher and ran quicker in 1700' DA than I did in the -450' muggy air Sunday.

You did great man, seriously ... You managed to go from 14 seconds to 12.2? and trapped 122 on street tires on a cold and humid day.

You also engineered a "engine bay tool removal kit" consisting on a jack handle , scotch tape and a stick... THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your car is amazing and with proper tires it will run mid 11's and trap 122-124 mph
Old 01-05-2010, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Thanks buddy. I don't doubt the car at all. There's so many variables that just need to be perfect. With drag radials and a proper burnout I should be halfway there. You probably missed my 21-second pass
Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks buddy. I don't doubt the car at all. There's so many variables that just need to be perfect. With drag radials and a proper burnout I should be halfway there. You probably missed my 21-second pass
Kou, you ran a 12.2....awesome job!!!! I didn't realize that you ended up bettering your time by that much . By chance did any of tips I gave you help out? Hopefully you won't have to worry about once you get your DR's.

Josh, Hahaha....I was uploading the videos to my computer and my wife just happened to be looking over my shoulder as you were doing one of your short burnouts. She said "oooopppps...hahaha, what's wrong with his car" LOL. Of course she was just being playful but it was indeed funny.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Kou, you ran a 12.2....awesome job!!!! I didn't realize that you ended up bettering your time by that much . By chance did any of tips I gave you help out? Hopefully you won't have to worry about once you get your DR's.

Josh, Hahaha....I was uploading the videos to my computer and my wife just happened to be looking over my shoulder as you were doing one of your short burnouts. She said "oooopppps...hahaha, what's wrong with his car" LOL. Of course she was just being playful but it was indeed funny.
Even the spouses know a good burnout. Too funny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento?