W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9BansPerHour banned after posting about Autowave?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
O.K so I will pay for up to 10 dynos same day same dyno same place. Lets get this shi* out of the air.. Allal you set it up and I will Pay.. what a blast..
Group dyno, count me in.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Why does there have to be such pointless bickering over dyno#s?

I agree with Alan. Does someone else's dyno numbers keep you up at night? I admit that I have been in heated discussions before but that's mostly because I state an opinion and people argue my opinion... that is healthy, though. I think you all know that I think autowave numbers are high but I would never let that "opinion" create such animosity (did I see physical violence threatened in this thread? Jesus...)

If anyone wants to have a civilized discussion about Autowave start another thread and maybe we can talk about it like respectful enthusiasts not 4th graders who were just let out for recess.

-m
I agree with you regarding the Autowave discussion. It would benefit everyone more productively to keep the discussion level-headed and informative. Autowave uses a dyno dynamics machine, which from my understanding, reads lower than most other non load-bearing dynos but differs from other load-bearing dynos, such as, Mustang dynos for example, in that it can not be modified ("easily" at least) to make numbers read higher or lower than what is measured. However, despite that fact, I've seen dyno dynamics vary almost as much as Mustang dynos and dynojets Maybe someone with more dyno experience can chime in on how the system works.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I agree with you regarding the Autowave discussion. It would benefit everyone more productively to keep the discussion level-headed and informative. Autowave uses a dyno dynamics machine, which from my understanding, reads lower than most other non load-bearing dynos but differs from other load-bearing dynos, such as, Mustang dynos for example, in that it can not be modified ("easily" at least) to make numbers read higher or lower than what is measured. However, despite that fact, I've seen dyno dynamics vary almost as much as Mustang dynos and dynojets Maybe someone with more dyno experience can chime in on how the system works.
Mike is a great operator over at AW. Had my car done there and seen countless others. There is an 11% correction to the DD machine there as mentioned earlier to bring the dyno numbers closer to DJ.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

I agree with Alan. Does someone else's dyno numbers keep you up at night? I admit that I have been in heated discussions before but that's mostly because I state an opinion and people argue my opinion... that is healthy, though. I think you all know that I think autowave numbers are high but I would never let that "opinion" create such animosity (did I see physical violence threatened in this thread? Jesus...)

If anyone wants to have a civilized discussion about Autowave start another thread and maybe we can talk about it like respectful enthusiasts not 4th graders who were just let out for recess.

-m
Sticky posted an EDITED Private Message from a few wks ago I DID NOT POST ANY THREATS IN THIS FORUM nor via PM, if you read the text of PM I was finally responding to ALL his crap.

Sticky was taunting me in several PM's phaggit this phaggit that F-U & worse etc.. A person can take only so much of this crap, I did PM him to meet up to take this crap offline & say it to my face who wouldn't

Last edited by Thericker; 01-18-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Hey Sean, hopefully you guys can settle your differences at the dragstrip. Race for gift cards. Go until one of you runs out of cards. As for Autowave, I've heard enough good about them both here and on the phone since creating this thread, so I would say 11% increase or not, they seem like a top notch place. I'll be making some arrangements very soon. Thanks to all who responded, it was good to hear everyone's views.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Hey Sean, hopefully you guys can settle your differences at the dragstrip. Race for gift cards. Go until one of you runs out of cards. As for Autowave, I've heard enough good about them both here and on the phone since creating this thread, so I would say 11% increase or not, they seem like a top notch place. I'll be making some arrangements very soon. Thanks to all who responded, it was good to hear everyone's views.
No worries bra Sticky is what he is....

Good luck w/tune both PC/AW are top-notch.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG

-m
Exactly! Why worry about other peoples dyno number . It's totally pointless and I find it funny that we (forum members) could have this same discussion over and over again. Do I think my dyno numbers are high...no, I think my track ET's back up every little bit of my dyno numbers. Is the dyno I used the lowest reading dyno out there, no, do I care...not really.

Bottom line, AW is a great shop and it's a shame people want to make such a big deal about the way they factor their corrections.

Originally Posted by Vic55
Mike is a great operator over at AW. Had my car done there and seen countless others. There is an 11% correction to the DD machine there as mentioned earlier to bring the dyno numbers closer to DJ.
There you go! Discussion ended.

Originally Posted by Thericker
No worries bra Sticky is what he is....

Good luck w/tune both PC/AW are top-notch.
Jeremy and Mike work very well as a team and I wouldn't trust anyone else to tune my car.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 PM

Mystery M3
Originally Posted by Thericker
Mike the owner/operator @ Autowave is very knowledgeable/helpful/honest car guy, my 1st questions to him were if his DynoDynamics had ANY corrections made to read higher/lower? his answer "It's set to read DynoDynamics #'s period, don't get your hopes up it is what it is" he also stated he has ZERO interest in fluffing-up #'s just concern yourself in gains under the curves pre-post tuning.
On the other hand, Mike also told me personally that AutoWave employs an 11% correction factor on their dyno because customers demand it to read like a DynoJet. He even showed me the setup screen in the Dyno Dynamics software where the 11% was set. As further evidence, a car was recently dyno'd on Gintani's DD, and then on AutoWave. The same car dyno'd exactly 11% higher numbers on AutoWave's DD.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
PencilGeek, now I'm curious since you've seen the screen. Is the operator able to input percentages manually or are there presets? Like if I wanted to brag to my Supra cousin about my 600whp E55, can I ask them to input a 25% correction? I would never do that but was wondering how configurable it is.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
PencilGeek, now I'm curious since you've seen the screen. Is the operator able to input percentages manually or are there presets? Like if I wanted to brag to my Supra cousin about my 600whp E55, can I ask them to input a 25% correction? I would never do that but was wondering how configurable it is.
Yes, you can make a dyno basically read any number you want.

I challenge everybody to a paper race!!!! Each person describes the if/and/buts and whoever has the best explanation or better yet... most people that agree wins! If you can quote an article from a magazine its bonus points.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:42 PM

Mystery M3
There are no presets. You can enter any number you want.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
This makes perfect sense to me then, Vic. Thanks for the level-headed contribution. I hope this lets everyone "calm down" a bit regarding this issue. In the end, we've all seen how much dyno numbers can vary anyways, and even trap speeds (unfortunately for those who had to experience it). That's just part of racing and modding...

-m
Old 01-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
This makes perfect sense to me then, Vic. Thanks for the level-headed contribution. I hope this lets everyone "calm down" a bit regarding this issue. In the end, we've all seen how much dyno numbers can vary anyways, and even trap speeds (unfortunately for those who had to experience it). That's just part of racing and modding...

-m
No worries and Id still take the faster car on the street than on paper
Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
+1000 on that my friend.

-m
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

-m
...that would be me!

Many people have asked me if my car really traps 135 mph, of course not. I wish it did but it doesn't...plain and simple. I could now say this because there's enough info presented that let's me come to this conclusion. It's unfortunate Sac's trap speeds are 3-4 mph fast but does it really matter, not really. My main goal has always been to get into the 10's and I've achieved this...actually 13 times now . We all just need to remember this is all for fun and not take it so seriously. IMO...this forum has really change a lot since I joined and it seems like we always fight amongst ourselves instead of helping each other go fast.

+1 on that Vic. Paper racing is a for people who have no desire to race their cars and only assume what it might run.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by bassn_07
...that would be me!

Many people have asked me if my car really traps 135 mph, of course not. I wish it did but it doesn't...plain and simple. I could now say this because there's enough info presented that let's me come to this conclusion. It's unfortunate Sac's trap speeds are 3-4 mph fast but does it really matter, not really. My main goal has always been to get into the 10's and I've achieved this...actually 13 times now . We all just need to remember this is all for fun and not take it so seriously. IMO...this forum has really change a lot since I joined and it seems like we always fight amongst ourselves instead of helping each other go fast.

+1 on that Vic. Paper racing is a for people who have no desire to race their cars and only assume what it might run.
Alan I hope I didn't pour any salt into your wounds but I want to say I truly feel bad for what you've had to go through with your car and how ****ty I think it is to be dealt so many bad cars. At least your car hasn't blown up, knock on wood, but man I don't wish what happened to you on anyone. I'm glad you've been able to keep your chin up and laugh about it now. Bottom line is you have a wickedly fast E55 that can run with the best out there, there's no shame in that.

-m
Old 01-19-2010, 11:42 PM

W211 Elegance Saloon
mbworld fight club anyone?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Alan I hope I didn't pour any salt into your wounds but I want to say I truly feel bad for what you've had to go through with your car and how ****ty I think it is to be dealt so many bad cars. At least your car hasn't blown up, knock on wood, but man I don't wish what happened to you on anyone. I'm glad you've been able to keep your chin up and laugh about it now. Bottom line is you have a wickedly fast E55 that can run with the best out there, there's no shame in that.

-m
No worries Marcus. To tell the truth I really don't think anything bad has really happened. If you really think about it, I may have some dyno numbers that read like a dyno jet, not a big deal. As you know I've always backed my car up at the track regardless. Secondly, I have trap speeds that seem to be 3-4 mph higher then what they might be at another track, again not that big of a deal. That would most likely still put me around 128-131 mph at a different track with similar DA. Sacramento's ET's are dead on as many have proven already and that's all that really matters. Also my 60' times are the quickest out there for a E55 with a stock tranny and torque converter. I now have several 1.5's with a 1.585, (2) 1.587, 1.588, (2) 1.589, and (2) 1.592. There are several people that have higher stall converters that still haven't touched my 60' times .

I honestly believe whatever people might think they would hope to be as quick and fast as my E55 has proved to be. I've done what many have tried to do for several years and still trying to do.

Please don't feel bad for me because of a inflated dyno numbers and trap speeds. I appreciate the kind words but I have no shame in my car at all. My car is one of strongest running E55's out there if not the strongest, at least that post here on MBW . Thanks again Marcus.

Just out of curiousity Marcus, why do you think I've gone through such a crappy ordeal? It's really not that bad unless there's something else you're thinking about.

Last edited by bassn_07; 01-20-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by bassn_07
No worries Marcus. To tell the truth I really don't think anything bad has really happened. If you really think about it, I may have some dyno numbers that read like a dyno jet, not a big deal. As you know I've always backed my car up at the track regardless. Secondly, I have trap speeds that seem to be 3-4 mph higher then what they might be at another track, again not that big of a deal. That would most likely still put me around 128-131 mph at a different track with similar DA. Sacramento's ET's are dead on as many have proven already and that's all that really matters. Also my 60' times are the quickest out there for a E55 with a stock tranny and torque converter. I now have several 1.5's with a 1.585, (2) 1.587, 1.588, (2) 1.589, and (2) 1.592. There are several people that have higher stall converters that still haven't touched my 60' times .

I honestly believe whatever people might think they would hope to be as quick and fast as my E55 has proved to be. I've done what many have tried to do for several years and still trying to do.

Please don't feel bad for me because of a inflated dyno numbers and trap speeds. I appreciate the kind words but I have no shame in my car at all. My car is one of strongest running E55's out there if not the strongest, at least that post here on MBW . Thanks again Marcus.

Just out of curiousity Marcus, why do you think I've gone through such a crappy ordeal? It's really not that bad unless there's something else you're thinking about.
I don't think you got a crappy deal at all Alan, I just think trying to gather data from what are supposed to be reputable sources (dragstrips and to a lesser extent, dynos) has been proven to be somewhat problematic for you, that's all. I have never known anyone to have to go under the intense drama/scrutiny you've had to with the data you've produced. I mean in the end fortunately the ETs from SAC are reliable, but to have people say "goto the track" - then to go - and then have at least some of those #s still wind up to have been "problematic" is a frustrating situation. In the era of the keyboard cowboys on the internet the mudslinging fest you've had to go through is just unfortunate.

All I'm saying is it's not about getting a crappy deal or not, it's just that you've had to put up with a LOT of drama... more so than you should have, IMO...

-m

Last edited by Marcus Frost; 01-20-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator

All is fixed here, Marcus and Alan you guys can talk via PM. Time to close.