W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9BansPerHour banned after posting about Autowave?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
9BansPerHour banned after posting about Autowave?

Ok, so first off I don't know this banned member, I don't give a rat's a** about dyno wars, vendor wars, sponsor wars, member rivalries, he-said she-said, etc, etc. But he posted something very helpful about Autowave and it got deleted in a flash. I was just lucky enough to find the post on Google while looking for a custom dyno tune for my E55 - I typed in "autowave dyno" to find their business address. All he said was that Autowave corrects their dyno numbers by 11%. The cached version is still out there on google if anyone is interested.

So why am I pissed off about this? Because I was planning on getting a custom tune and taking a long road trip down south to do so. This information would have been very helpful. In a way I feel this board has gotten way too immature from the moderator level on down to the members. I mean, come on, deleting a very informative post is the opposite of why message boards were created in the first place. Ok, I'm done venting.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
The immature party is the banned aka Stiky...

Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Ok, so first off I don't know this banned member, I don't give a rat's a** about dyno wars, vendor wars, sponsor wars, member rivalries, he-said she-said, etc, etc. But he posted something very helpful about Autowave and it got deleted in a flash. I was just lucky enough to find the post on Google while looking for a custom dyno tune for my E55 - I typed in "autowave dyno" to find their business address. All he said was that Autowave corrects their dyno numbers by 11%. The cached version is still out there on google if anyone is interested.

So why am I pissed off about this? Because I was planning on getting a custom tune and taking a long road trip down south to do so. This information would have been very helpful. In a way I feel this board has gotten way too immature from the moderator level on down to the members. I mean, come on, deleting a very informative post is the opposite of why message boards were created in the first place. Ok, I'm done venting.
His thread is FAR from informative & filled w/flat-out lies, I have had my SL tuned by Powerchip @ Autowave as well as URnext-Sal & Bassn_07-Alan both their cars put out well North of 550 rwhp & run in the 10's @ 127+ mph (NOT riding their coattails but stating the DynoDynamics in question is indeed valid if you factor in their vehicle weight/HP claimed from Autowave they're running valid track #'s for said HP)

Mike the owner/operator @ Autowave is very knowledgeable/helpful/honest car guy, my 1st questions to him were if his DynoDynamics had ANY corrections made to read higher/lower? his answer "It's set to read DynoDynamics #'s period, don't get your hopes up it is what it is" he also stated he has ZERO interest in fluffing-up #'s just concern yourself in gains under the curves pre-post tuning. That's what I did & gained roughly 55 rwhp & 100 rwtq right on par for my platform, though my final #'s were higher than other Tune ONLY SL600's I have a lot of custom mods.

DynoComp in AZ has run multiple members cars on their DynoDynamics (said to be Westcoast heartbreaker DD) the #'s run @ Autowave closely match DynoComps DD.

I've had my SL run on (4) different dynos @ (4) different locales 1st bone stock then as mods were made. Autowaves dyno indeed ran lower than both DynoJets I used as well as a SuperFlow-Dyno load bearing dyno (they read like DynoDynamics & Mustang-dyno)

If Autowaves correcting 11% LOL the DynoJet I recently used after major mods must be KRAZZEE! I had it dyno'd w/complete Iced-cool-down 45-min + full 5 bags of ice in reservoir tank & straight 100 octane made 633 rwhp vs Autowaves DynoDynamics I ran 564 rwhp w/out cool-dwn or Ice on 91 octane...(NOT going to gain 70 rwhp if I re-ran w/cool-dwn/Ice/100 octane on Autowaves DD)

Sticky has an axe to grind w/me & others here, he's taken this far too personal, insulted/cursed me via PM which he will have to answer to when we finally meet face to face You can't hide forever Sticky!

Sticky has been banned from this site dozens of times & makes a farce of MBW everytime he's given a voice in these forums, he fancies himself a star litigator & is the proverbial devils advoacte eager for banter. He's been banned from multiple car forums & made numerous enemies in the process.

(Please, those that know him in person, refrain from stating how nice a guy he is etc.. How he conducts himself @ track meets vs what he does while hiding behind the keyboard late @ night is Jekyll n Hyde)

I will be running my SL600 @ Famoso this year (I've already purchased new 2010 racing helmet/ 16" Drag whls, waiting on Hoosiers & custom spacers) Whatever the #'s are they will be posted here

Last edited by Thericker; 01-17-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Sorry thericker I didn't realize it was a previously banned person or that he was referring to you. I don't closely follow any of the internet debates and personal attacks here so all I was really interested in were the links to the m3 forum. I didn't find any harm in the original post though, so it struck me as odd that the thread was deleted. It just seemed like a mod or sponsor was trying to hide something, which usually I'll pay no mind to but Autowave is where I'm hoping to get a custom tune done in the near future. Based on what you said, I can see that a ban was definitely in order.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Hey Kou, Autowave is a top notch place and I highly recommend Mike. There have been several debates over ball breaking dyno's over high reading dyno's and IMO it's all crap. Here are some facts, there are three 55's that we know of that run in the 10's off nitrous. Two of these three cars have dynode over 550 rwhp on Autowave's dyno and to me that speaks volumes. To me a 4000 lb car that goes sub 11's is well worth 550 rwhp, no doubt.

In the end take dyno numbers for what they are....just numbers. The thing that should matter most is that Autowave has a top notch dyno operator with a well maintenance Dyno Dynamics.

When do you plan on getting a custom tune?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Hey Kou, Autowave is a top notch place and I highly recommend Mike. There have been several debates over ball breaking dyno's over high reading dyno's and IMO it's all crap. Here are some facts, there are three 55's that we know of that run in the 10's off nitrous. Two of these three cars have dynode over 550 rwhp on Autowave's dyno and to me that speaks volumes. To me a 4000 lb car that goes sub 11's is well worth 550 rwhp, no doubt.

In the end take dyno numbers for what they are....just numbers. The thing that should matter most is that Autowave has a top notch dyno operator with a well maintenance Dyno Dynamics.

When do you plan on getting a custom tune?
Who are the 3?

you &
isn't there someone texas?
& ?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
just ask them for the shoot out numbers,straight up no correction.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Who are the 3?

you &
isn't there someone texas?
& ?
Urnext (Sal), myself, and TM02 (tag). Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add the quickest one...Blackbenz .
Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Out of curiosity, are high dyno numbers really that important to everyone? I could see if there was a dyno day held and everyone wanted to compare apples to apples on the same dyno on the same day but other than that it's really pointless.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Urnext (Sal), myself, and TM02 (tag). Oh yeah, I almost forgot to add the quickest one...Blackbenz .
I knew about Sal, for some reason I was thinking E55's
Old 01-16-2010, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Out of curiosity, are high dyno numbers really that important to everyone? I could see if there was a dyno day held and everyone wanted to compare apples to apples on the same dyno on the same day but other than that it's really pointless.
O.K so I will pay for up to 10 dynos same day same dyno same place. Lets get this shi* out of the air.. Allal you set it up and I will Pay.. what a blast..
Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
O.K so I will pay for up to 10 dynos same day same dyno same place. Lets get this shi* out of the air.. Allal you set it up and I will Pay.. what a blast..
I'm sure you could get enough people in LA to compare your dyno numbers without my car, especially when you're paying. When my car hits the dyno it's for a reason and not for bragging rights. I might be down there soon having my car re-tuned and you would be more than welcome to have your car dynode after my car is finished. Not quite sure what you're trying to prove with your continuous challenges but whenever you want to hit that track up just let me know. Now that would be a blast! Like I said before just say when.

Rick, you already stated that your car puts down over 600 rwhp to the wheels on a dyno dynamics, right. If this is the case I will openly admit your car out dyno's my car by 150 rwhp, this is fine by me. My car shines where it counts, on the track....that's all I care about. I'll take my most recent dyno numbers of 447 rwhp and run my 10's all day long. Each to their own on what they want see, we just have a different outlook on things. You like to brag about high dyno numbers and I like running low et's at the track. I'll even take it a step further, send me your address and I'll ship over your flag for having the higest dyno numbers. Great job and your car is a beast!

Last edited by bassn_07; 01-17-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Alan, I plan to get it in the next 1-2 months. I have three road trips to LA in that time frame and I will drive my other car unless I know for sure that I will have a dyno day, in which case I'm taking the beast. You know how I feel about putting miles on the E. I don't care too much for dyno numbers either especially if I'm getting a baseline on the same day as the tune, but I'm strongly against doing business with anyone that might be fixing up numbers. I do take all things into consideration especially opinions from the owners of cars that have backed up their dyno numbers, which is why I wish the original thread wasn't deleted so everyone could chime in to refute or support the OP's claims.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
OT...one other thing Rick, I will make a friendly challenge to you. I challenge you to come run with me at Sacramento. Traction will not be like a private rental so be prepared. I've made my journey to you before (Fontana) and now I'm hoping you'll do the same. Are you up for it? You already had to flake out twice due to business, which I totally understand but if you have some free time please come. This is my home track and you'll definitely have to earn a W here, that's no joke.

Last edited by bassn_07; 01-17-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Just run your car at the track and stop being so concerned with what your car and others dyno! Based on the numbers you've ran before, I think you have the slowest high hp car on the board lol. Saying stuff like "my car was so scary on the dyno" and posting big numbers doesn't impress me at all. Spinning the roller/s can be oh so scary!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Just run your car at the track and stop being so concerned with what your car and others dyno! Based on the numbers you've ran before, I think you have the slowest high hp car on the board lol. Saying stuff like "my car was so scary on the dyno" and posting big numbers doesn't impress me at all. Spinning the roller/s can be oh so scary!!!
This entire post is PRICELESS did you stay @ Holiday Inn last night? Makes me want to burn ALL my dyno's & drive to Famoso right now
Old 01-17-2010, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Alan, I plan to get it in the next 1-2 months. I have three road trips to LA in that time frame and I will drive my other car unless I know for sure that I will have a dyno day, in which case I'm taking the beast. You know how I feel about putting miles on the E. I don't care too much for dyno numbers either especially if I'm getting a baseline on the same day as the tune, but I'm strongly against doing business with anyone that might be fixing up numbers. I do take all things into consideration especially opinions from the owners of cars that have backed up their dyno numbers, which is why I wish the original thread wasn't deleted so everyone could chime in to refute or support the OP's claims.
Kou, I too wish that the posts were not deleted just so we can get all sides. Although I was online when the battle between Sean and Joseph took place, I didn't catch the whole discussion because posts were being deleted and threads were moved back and forth too fast. I believe what Joseph was saying was that Autowave offers some kind of correction factor to make their numbers comparable to dynojet. I personally do not know if that is true or not since I've never delt with them directly, but I did ask at least 4 or 5 individuals who have regarding their experience with Autowave, and every single one has recommended Autowave and have praised the operator greatly for his knowledge and professionalism while dyno tuning a vehicle.

Having said that, let me also mention that a friend of mine dynoed his stage 5 E55 at RPI racing and got 478 rwhp and then dynoed at Autowave and got 525 rwhp with same mods (but different days). This maybe an isolated incident and I don't know the conditions of both days, but I know it happened. In any case, whether the numbers read too high or too low, as long as you go by the delta, you should be okay.

Good luck and keep us all posted
Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Thericker
Sticky has an axe to grind w/me & others here, he's taken this far too personal, insulted/cursed me via PM which he will have to answer to when we finally meet face to face You can't hide forever Sticky!

Sticky has been banned from this site dozens of times & makes a farce of MBW everytime he's given a voice in these forums, he fancies himself a star litigator & is the proverbial devils advoacte eager for banter. He's been banned from multiple car forums & made numerous enemies in the process.

(Please, those that know him in person, refrain from stating how nice a guy he is etc.. How he conducts himself @ track meets vs what he does while hiding behind the keyboard late @ night is Jekyll n Hyde)
Sounds like Juicce63,I wish someone would ban him....
Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Banned

BMW

I will be running my SL600 @ Famoso this year (I've already purchased new 2010 racing helmet/ 16" Drag whls, waiting on Hoosiers & custom spacers) Whatever the #'s are they will be posted here
I have your PM's saved where you wanted to meet up and fight Sorry I made it so you can't hide behind your dyno, go run to the mods again now. You do realize most people here think you don't know what you are talking about right? We talk about you.

I challenged you to back up your talk that Autowave does not correct their numbers. The bet was I leave the forum if your numbers are repeated in default correction, as someone mentioned, shoot out mode. You accepted and said you would leave if they didn't, so lets do this. I even offered to pay.

I posted PROOF and stand by it. You called me a liar and I proved you wrong. Autowave is very open about the correction factor, anyone can e-mail them and find out for themselves if they wish.

Keep racing on the dyno Post your dynojet numbers please.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Banned

BMW
Sean here mentioned PM's, I would like for him to post them. Go ahead, I give you permission to post my terrible insulting and cursing PM's, I am calling you a liar. I do have yours where you go off the deep end though doing exactly what you accused me of

Here is one:
If you feel like talking tuff come meet me in person bi_tch boy anytime here's my cell phucup 805-450-8327
Can't wait to meet you, I can tell we are going to be great friends!

Last edited by Sean is Awesome; 01-18-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 AM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by skratch77
just ask them for the shoot out numbers,straight up no correction.
You know your stuff
Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Why can't we just get a statement from Autowave on exactly what they use They seem up-front and decent people from what I hear.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned

BMW
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Why can't we just get a statement from Autowave on exactly what they use They seem up-front and decent people from what I hear.
I have an e-mail where I asked them, would that suffice?

I also have dyno numbers from cars run at autowave and at other dyno dynamics, would be glad to support with that as well.

I believe Sean should start getting his apology ready and honor his agreement.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Banned

BMW

I feel like you do, it is a bummer about the moderation here. There are some great mods but there is also a terrible mod who has a personal vendetta. A real shame, because the information is accurate, despite Thericker getting upset and PM'ing me to fight about it LOL. We know how Thericker is with his keyboard here, I'm shocked he has not been banned.

I think it would do him a lot of good to simply admit it. It is not a big deal, still a powerful car (just not as powerful as he thinks it is). Why should the thread be deleted just because one member does not agree with it? The truth needs to get out there! Autowave correcting their DD does not mean they are bad or lying or anything like that, the place is great and the operator knows what he is doing.

Last edited by Sean is Awesome; 01-18-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Banned

BMW
No not at all, what it does on the strip is what matters!

I really don't see the big deal if they are corrected to read like a dynojet. I do take offense to being called a liar and silenced when I am stating the truth.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Why does there have to be such pointless bickering over dyno#s?

I agree with Alan. Does someone else's dyno numbers keep you up at night? I admit that I have been in heated discussions before but that's mostly because I state an opinion and people argue my opinion... that is healthy, though. I think you all know that I think autowave numbers are high but I would never let that "opinion" create such animosity (did I see physical violence threatened in this thread? Jesus...)

If anyone wants to have a civilized discussion about Autowave start another thread and maybe we can talk about it like respectful enthusiasts not 4th graders who were just let out for recess.

-m

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 9BansPerHour banned after posting about Autowave?