W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got a new problem E63 Engine Mount?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S
I've got a new problem E63 Engine Mount?

Well, I bent two more rims but those are being fixed. On another note, while bringing my car to ASC in Arlington, I mentioned I had a slight rough idle in the morning. They said they would look at it while fixing the rims. Well it turns out that they said the rubber Engine Mount was worn. I trust them as being correct (as I read through this site). My curiousity stems from I have never heard of this before searching it on this site. What is this engine mount they speak of?

Thanks.

-David J.Eisen
Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 PM

E63
I replaced mine month ago along with the sway bar. It was causing the noise when going through bumps....etc.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by coold8
Well, I bent two more rims but those are being fixed. On another note, while bringing my car to ASC in Arlington, I mentioned I had a slight rough idle in the morning. They said they would look at it while fixing the rims. Well it turns out that they said the rubber Engine Mount was worn. I trust them as being correct (as I read through this site). My curiousity stems from I have never heard of this before searching it on this site. What is this engine mount they speak of?

Thanks.

-David J.Eisen
Man, I bent two rims on the Tollway to 66 on ramp over Christmas there...Had to tow it to ASC. I'm taking mine in here in Dallas for what I think is the same problem, but it's even when it's warm. Feels like a rough idle, but the engine isn't idling rough, just the car. Your engine has mounts between it and the subframe, often rubber or poly, to help quell vibration instead of solid mounting the engine to the frame...
Old 01-21-2010, 04:17 PM

2016 AMG GT-S
OH I am referring to VA not sure if you are referring to Arlington TX. But I did not have to have it towed, but the pothole was so big that the ezpass on the dashboard (that rests in the middle part of air vent) flew up and hit me in the head while driving. Hit mine in DC on 16th Street, in Right lane, coming up to Rock Creek Golf Course. I heard the hummer in front of me go bang, and by the time my mind added two plus two together and I realized there was a car next to me.........
I will say no more.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OH I am referring to VA not sure if you are referring to Arlington TX. But I did not have to have it towed, but the pothole was so big that the ezpass on the dashboard (that rests in the middle part of air vent) flew up and hit me in the head while driving. Hit mine in DC on 16th Street, in Right lane, coming up to Rock Creek Golf Course. I heard the hummer in front of me go bang, and by the time my mind added two plus two together and I realized there was a car next to me.........
I will say no more.
Nope, Arlington VA...I grew up there, whole family still lives there...Brought the car back for Christmas, not figuring on the freak snow storm that made it pointless for 3 days then 3 days later BAM, bent the rims and ruptured the sidewalls...So altogether I think I spent more time trailering my car than driving it... They still have the SL 65 BS in the showroom..??
Old 01-21-2010, 04:39 PM

2016 AMG GT-S
I didn't get a chance to see this time but they had it two weeks ago. There is also one in my old hometown in Central Jersey. I guess that there is less demand than was produced (for only 150 cars)? I mean, come on guys, why not pony up the $300k in a bad economy for a extraordinarily undrivable 700+hp car? Props for looking sick though. That is one of those ideas by Mercedes that I wonder about. Why not just make the SL65 regular look as cool or something?

-David J.Eisen
Old 01-21-2010, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I didn't get a chance to see this time but they had it two weeks ago. There is also one in my old hometown in Central Jersey. I guess that there is less demand than was produced (for only 150 cars)? I mean, come on guys, why not pony up the $300k in a bad economy for a extraordinarily undrivable 700+hp car? Props for looking sick though. That is one of those ideas by Mercedes that I wonder about. Why not just make the SL65 regular look as cool or something?

-David J.Eisen
I think i'd rather save $100K and get an SLS...
Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Yes, you are correct, the SL65 BS is still at the dealership unsold. If it wasn't in the showroom tonight, they must have moved it upstairs, or in the garage bay for the new owners clinic. In this economy who has $304K to buy a Black Series. If I had that type of money, I would buy a home, not a car.