W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much for a full mb quality paint job?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63 White/Pano
How much for a full mb quality paint job?

In the market for an E55 with pano roof but I only want white which seems almost impossible so I was thinking about possibly buying another color and having it painted alabaster white. Does anybody know how much a paint job like this would cost? Thanx for the help!!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Too much to make any logical sense to even think about. I'd say $5k+ and then the depreciation of the car afterwards.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
w0rd. Not worth it! it cost around $500 to paint a bumper at the stealership
Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Banned

Olagh
It's going to cost you anywhere from 5-6K for something decent. It will never be factory perfect. You'll be sitting on that car forever though. It's going to raise questions why you changed the color to perspective buyer's in future. No matter how many times you tell them it was personal and the car was not in accident, they won't take it. Your other problems is DMV and trying to change all the paper work from whatever color to white. That's going ot be many trips to your local Department of Motor Vehicle.

Buttttttttttttt, for a $1000 you can wrap the full car in Vinyl. This way you persevere the paint under it, you have achieved and got the paint you want and at the end, you can peel it off and sell the car with it's original paint in a perfect condition. Here are some Matte White Vinyl finishes. These guys sell the best wrap at only $20. You just have to find someone that knows how to apply it. http://www.stickercity.com/matte_white_vinyl_wrap.html

Old 01-22-2010, 12:36 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
My carrier paid $7000 to do a complete paint on my 325 sedan. This was at a regular, not a fancy shop. The work was above average, I have no complaints at all. What's going to kill you in the labor that it takes to remove/install all the garnishes that are on the panels.

I did have a NSX painted for about $5500 or so, same quality of work, same shop. The car had less panels and less garnishes so it wasn't as labor intensive.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550

Autotrader Listings
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 PM

His wife crazy
Originally Posted by 456
Buttttttttttttt, for a $1000 you can wrap the full car in Vinyl. This way you persevere the paint under it, you have achieved and got the paint you want and at the end, you can peel it off and sell the car with it's original paint in a perfect condition. Here are some Matte White Vinyl finishes. These guys sell the best wrap at only $20. You just have to find someone that knows how to apply it. http://www.stickercity.com/matte_white_vinyl_wrap.html

Those wraps look great. I wonder how durable the material is? A matte black E55 would be the cats't meow.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM

e55
Originally Posted by 456
It's going to cost you anywhere from 5-6K for something decent. It will never be factory perfect. You'll be sitting on that car forever though. It's going to raise questions why you changed the color to perspective buyer's in future. No matter how many times you tell them it was personal and the car was not in accident, they won't take it. Your other problems is DMV and trying to change all the paper work from whatever color to white. That's going ot be many trips to your local Department of Motor Vehicle.

where did you find the price of $1000 to wrap a full car? i was looking at getting my car wrapped and was quoted $2500 at the lowest up to $4000+ from most decent shops.

from what i hear it is just as durable as the clear film protection that people install, typically will last around 2 years depending on the climate.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by 456
Your other problems is DMV and trying to change all the paper work from whatever color to white. That's going ot be many trips to your local Department of Motor Vehicle.
I don't know about other states, but in Virginia DMV it took me 15 minutes to submit new color paper work form that color was changed.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:48 PM

08 E63 White/Pano
The vinyl wrap sounds like a good alternative but it would kinds suck when you open the doors and trunk to have a diffrent color. I would probably consider it depending on the durabilty of it if it last 4 years that would be beetr than 2 years.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by ineedabenz
The vinyl wrap sounds like a good alternative but it would kinds suck when you open the doors and trunk to have a diffrent color.
+1 the wraps I've seen look weak up close (then there's the trunk, engine bay, doors, etc..)
From a distance they look good, but not close up, imho.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Banned

Olagh
Originally Posted by X2Board
Those wraps look great. I wonder how durable the material is? A matte black E55 would be the cats't meow.
It's pretty thick, so it will save the original paint from rock chips as well.

Originally Posted by scowil
where did you find the price of $1000 to wrap a full car? i was looking at getting my car wrapped and was quoted $2500 at the lowest up to $4000+ from most decent shops.

from what i hear it is just as durable as the clear film protection that people install, typically will last around 2 years depending on the climate.
Applying VINYL is like applying advert on Big Trucks. Gotta find a place that puts advert on MiniVan and have them do the whole car. I've gotten quotes from Craigslist from $700-$1500

Originally Posted by ineedabenz
The vinyl wrap sounds like a good alternative but it would kinds suck when you open the doors and trunk to have a diffrent color. I would probably consider it depending on the durabilty of it if it last 4 years that would be beetr than 2 years.
Very Durable - Yeah but Full paint at 7-8K that you'll never get back is crazy.

Originally Posted by 220S
+1 the wraps I've seen look weak up close (then there's the trunk, engine bay, doors, etc..)
From a distance they look good, but not close up, imho.
If someone wants to keep their car forever then a full paint will suffice, but if you are trying to keep a car for a few months until a year or so then Wrap should suffice. How many times do you open your trunk or hood in public?