Sponsored by:

Slow times at track for a stage 2 car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
yeah, like everyone stated before, there has to be something wrong or your car isnt really a stage 2
Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Audi s6
I tripple checked to make sure the car is a stage II by looking at the pulleys I have. I also have upgraded wires too. The headers were checked by the muffler shop who deleted my cats and resonators and you can also see them from the top.
I installed the K&N filters myself. I had the timing checked to make sure it was advanced which it is so it must have a tune on it.
I even checked the IAR temps on a few runs and it seemed normal but after talking to a few other people who have a large pulley on their car it seems that without cooling upgades the car basically dies off after the 1/8 mile because of heat soak.

Now there is a quicker E55 that was at the track that has oodles more stuff done and had 18;s and ran a 11.9 that same night that I ran the 12.3...This makes me believe that:
1) My wheels weigh a freaking ton and is holding me back ET wise.
2) My lack of cooling is killing my trap speed numbers.

Probably my pump might be on the fritz? So I am changing it now anyways. Hopefully with a HE, PTE thermostat and some 18's I will hit around 11.3-5 at 120-25mph...
Like stated before if the car does not hit those numbers than, yes, something is really wrong!!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by wizos6
I tripple checked to make sure the car is a stage II by looking at the pulleys I have. I also have upgraded wires too. The headers were checked by the muffler shop who deleted my cats and resonators and you can also see them from the top.
I installed the K&N filters myself. I had the timing checked to make sure it was advanced which it is so it must have a tune on it.
I even checked the IAR temps on a few runs and it seemed normal but after talking to a few other people who have a large pulley on their car it seems that without cooling upgades the car basically dies off after the 1/8 mile because of heat soak.

Now there is a quicker E55 that was at the track that has oodles more stuff done and had 18;s and ran a 11.9 that same night that I ran the 12.3...This makes me believe that:

Probably my pump might be on the fritz? So I am changing it now anyways. Hopefully with a HE, PTE thermostat and some 18's I will hit around 11.3-5 at 120-25mph...
Like stated before if the car does not hit those numbers than, yes, something is really wrong!!

who was it that ran the 11.9? and what mph?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:46 AM

e55

hmmm why would u compare ur car to mine ? i ran it cause i want to see what it would do on full tank of pump gas .. my tune is for 100 and u have seen 1st hand what race fuel does to my car breaks tires loose at 65 and went sideways on our interstate run .. ya i ran 11.9 on street tires and full tank of 93

Last edited by vinnyz; 02-23-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM

Audi s6
Originally Posted by Infiniti
who was it that ran the 11.9? and what mph?
What I was trying to express was that the track conditions that night was not conducive to a great run--ie. A faster car was runing a half second better when on a different night he would be a full second faster...Not to mention street set up for track run does not help
Old 02-23-2010, 11:33 AM

Audi s6
Originally Posted by vinnyz
hmmm why would u compare ur car to mine ? i ran it cause i want to see what it would do on full tank of pump gas .. my tune is for 100 and u have seen 1st hand what race fuel does to my car breaks tires loose at 65 and went sideways on our interstate run .. ya i ran 11.9 on street tires and full tank of 93
I was not trying to compare your car to mine-obviously I have seen your car first hand how fast it is on the track and on a hwy pull. What I was stating was that on a crappy track night and on a street set up that there was not too much time out there that night--ie. better traps and or 60ft times. Everyone that night was complaining how hard it was to break 2.0 60ft and if you did not show me the correct way to heat up the street tires I would have not been able to get into that number.

Your car went 11.01 something the other night-so my car is not even in the same league(That night was warmer than that Wednesday-) so if you had the right set up you would have broke ten seconds
Old 02-23-2010, 11:43 AM

e55
I was not trying to compare your car to mine-obviously I have seen your car first hand how fast it is on the track and on a hwy pull. What I was stating was that on a crappy track night and on a street set up that there was not too much time out there that night--ie. better traps and or 60ft times. Everyone that night was complaining how hard it was to break 2.0 60ft and if you did not show me the correct way to heat up the street tires I would have not been able to get into that number.

Your car went 11.01 something the other night-so my car is not even in the same league(That night was warmer than that Wednesday-) so if you had the right set up you would have broke ten seconds
damn the 10's i dont even wanna see it run that tired to much without success . now get ur car right and see what it will really do .. with the H/E and 18's ur car will run good times . its just not set up now for it . ur car is show car looks great but not set for racing now its up to u if u wanna go the route to set it up for track . i think u know what u need to do just do it and then u will be happy in the end