W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Loweing E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
I already posted numerous times that guys at http://www.benzeliteautomotive.com/ can easily do it. They did at least 4 cars including mine. All glory to Alexander from Chicago who posted step-by-step instructions to lower with the STAR. Benzelite boys have the directions that Alex created couple months ago.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by BlackCard
Believe me, This is not my source of income nor is it ever going to be.

If anyone wants my STAR, they can have it for $550 + shipping.

-aj
oh really? I thought that was your source of income and this is how you got your CLS I am seriously joking, please don't be offended, just had to say it
Old 02-09-2010, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Lol, I'm not! Thanks for clearing up location info as well.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 E55 AMG
Are there any cons such as damage to the car to lower via star? I've heard that lowering via star can add more pressure on the air-matics which would damage it in the future. Not 100% sure, but i would like to know some actually cons in lowering via star?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:45 AM

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by westu93
Are there any cons such as damage to the car to lower via star? I've heard that lowering via star can add more pressure on the air-matics which would damage it in the future. Not 100% sure, but i would like to know some actually cons in lowering via star?
I haven't been on this forum since forever. but I got a email on this thread. My car has about 60k on her after lowering, and no issues. Lowering via star only takes as a lower as its lowest safest factory setting. It's only going down about 1"-1.25". Now if you slam it using link or other methods, well all bets are off.

In general, I love the ride and stance. Could be lower, but I'm okay with it. One pleasant side effect, now my tire shine does get all over my rear quarter panels!! That was worth it alone!! Lol
Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BlackCard
I haven't been on this forum since forever. but I got a email on this thread. My car has about 60k on her after lowering, and no issues. Lowering via star only takes as a lower as its lowest safest factory setting. It's only going down about 1"-1.25". Now if you slam it using link or other methods, well all bets are off.

In general, I love the ride and stance. Could be lower, but I'm okay with it. One pleasant side effect, now my tire shine does get all over my rear quarter panels!! That was worth it alone!! Lol
Yea, I wanted to search it before I make a thread on it, thanks for replying.

But that's great to hear, I plan on going lower via star soon. There are ways to go even lower after star, by adding washers but that is actually very risky can could damage the air matic. But thanks for sharing, i am definitely getting it dropped. And also i don't understand how people can find people with star, its actually pretty easy because most European independent garages have them, i just kept calling around seeing who sells the service the cheapest.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 PM

2008 e550
Originally Posted by Busta Riles
Pros: Your car gets lowered within the parameters that STAR/MB finds "safe". The amount of drop you can get is definitely adequate. It is completely reversible in 10 minutes or less.

Cons: I did mine last week & can't think of a CON
resurecting old threads here but...where did u had tha done?MB dealership?and how much they charged you.?thanks