W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daimler Chrysler build quality questionable....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Attracts haters
lol yea on the forums haha.

I get nothing but compliments when I take it to the track,I get at least 5-6 older guys come up to me and give props for such a big car to move that fast.

One older guy and his family came up and said i was there favorite car running all night and wanted to know everything about it lol

cant wait untill april 7th,our track opens that day
Old 02-05-2010, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG & CLK350
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Miss. Dont even bother listening to that statement since you have an AMG. AMG is hand built and has nothing to do with Chrysler. Any AMG you are in the clear........................................... .......Unless built on a friday before a long weekend. But seriously I know alot of people with AMG and have proved to be a very solid car.
Thank you for putting my fears at rest.

My AMG has actually been far more reliable than any of the BMW's I've had.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1969 280S, 1991 300E
Originally Posted by Eddie 500
W140 S class sedan will be bought this weekend to scratch the itch i have to own a german made car. original owner/full maint hist/64000 orig miles/clean carfax vehicle.

Who knows it may brake on Monday...one never knows.

That car (W140) embodies true german engineering or actually over-engineering.

I've owned several corvettes (427 tri power 1969 numbers matching veh), a Harley Davidson waaay before they became popular with the masses, a lincoln and a cadillac.

Just never a german car. This will be my first. Everyone has to start somewhere.I guess I'll start at age 47......
LMAO...so you think a 140 S-Class is going to be less maintenance than a 211 E55? Think again buddy. If you want something reliable that won't kill you at the shop, buy a 124 or 210.

I can't wait til you get a $3000 quote for repair on your $5000 car and have to decide whether it's worth it.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Miss. Dont even bother listening to that statement since you have an AMG. AMG is hand built and has nothing to do with Chrysler. Any AMG you are in the clear........................................... .......Unless built on a friday before a long weekend. But seriously I know alot of people with AMG and have proved to be a very solid car.
Actually just the motor is built off the assembly line. The rest of the car and components are Daimler built on the assembly line.

But just because Daimler AG was once Daimler-Chrysler doesn't mean much in this regard. The cars were still built in the same German factory by the same employees and designed by the same engineers. I'll be willing to bet that even if Daimler had never been associated with Chrysler, they would still have had the same component failure issues. Chrysler wasn't calling the shots and telling Daimler to make things less reliable

There's no high tech Euro brand that I know of that hasn't suffered from issues.

Because parts and repair are expensive, MBs probably get more of a reputation compared to regular appliance cars. Look at exotics, they cost a fortune just to do a minor repair. That hasn't stopped them from selling.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
i wonder if hot rod realtor knows his 2003 e55 does not have the original trans. he can certainly find out from mb just like i did.
It what!!! You are the sharp tool in the shed Ed, can't believe it.

Ed, You really have not addressed the fact that you call out the E55 as junk, deny you came in here and talked crap and then ignore everyones comments pointing this out. Come clean Ed and admit you called the car junk. Tell us how sorry you are for making these inflamatory statements.
By the way, how is the snow there?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 PM

2006 C55 AMG, 2010 Genesis Coupe
Originally Posted by emoving
This is how stupid you are, its on Carfax you dumbass, and he knew it and I am sure will post here and further more, I am buying the car back because he bought E55 ballers modded car so he gave me first dibs you dousch! Hey Karlson, how is my 06 E55? Do you still like it or did I lie to you about something? Your a poser any ways! You will probally put AMG emblems on your new shoe box.
Emoving--what year and color is the e55 you are buying. I may want dibs on it when you get ready to sell it. Its obviousyou change cars alot.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 PM

2006 C55 AMG, 2010 Genesis Coupe
metal particles were found in the tranny pan.

thats why the trans was replaced.

that was not disclosed to me.

thats why i did not buy that car.

build quality.....thats how this thread started.....FACT
Ok, metal shaving are found in the trannypan during warranty. And mercedes replaces the entire tranny rather than rebuilding it. You think that is a negative. They actually did everyone a favor including you if you had purchased the car and not been so **** about a repair.And if it was disclosed in a carfax report that he had made public, why is it incumbent on him to make sure you can read a carfax.
I work on cardiac cath equipment everyday costing over 1.5million and we have parts fail during warranty and they are replaced. Free of charge, thats what warrantys are for. Also if 4 yrs from now we find a defect in the equipment design or software, we go in and replace it again free of charge and this is long after the warranty is gone. Mercedes also does things like this because it is the right thing to do.
For a person of 47 you sure act 17.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:15 AM

princess diana shoe box
The point is that is was NOT disclosed to me. I was shown an "Autocheck" report that did not contain any info about the past problems.

I found out thru corporate mercedes benz thru a VMI about the problems.

Changing out the tranny IS a good thing.

NOT DISCLOSING the information is disgraceful.

Acts are done 2 ways- by commiting and by ommitting.

Meanwhile E is quick to point out in another members FOR SALE thread that that particular car is being sold without CATS and is actually illegal to sell as is.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Would you please go find another forum! You have pretty much worn out your welcome. You have nothing good to provide this community and are z big negative vibe around here!

Oh and PS......did you froget I was the 3rd owner your JA! That means I was not privy to the tranny until you actually pointed it out because as you said I ran a AutoCheck because it was what I had. Dont you remember the phone conversation there Eddie. I called the dealer and then they explained that he was very **** and made them put in a new tranny even though they did not think it was necessary. But since he was a long time MB owner he did as they asked and replaced it. Oh, you forgot that part you looser. keep trying to make me look bad but make sure you state ALL the facts. Funny thing the buyer, Hotrod realtor and I talked about it and he bought the car and I am pretty sure he will tell you it was better then expected. But you are a poser, that if you found the right perfect car you would find a miniscule thing not to buy it which is why you have been a poser/lurker/hater here on MBworld. As said, people here are sick of hearing you childish crap so plesase do everyone a favor and just leave. You are not buying an E55 by your own words because they are a "****sandwich" so why on earth do you continue to post here. You are a worthless member that has and never will own a MB unless it is some prehistoric one you can afford.

Last edited by emoving; 02-06-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Martinsvi
Emoving--what year and color is the e55 you are buying. I may want dibs on it when you get ready to sell it. Its obviousyou change cars alot.
Hey buddy, it is this one https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-lowering.html

I plan on keeping it though this time as I really miss it especially for $24000 and all the mods I did. It only has 55k on it as well.....oh and an new MB tranny that was done at a MB dealer in 2007!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Interesting thread.

Eddie500, your argument is severely flawed.

1. An argument must be qualified
2. An argument must be quantified

First, you say the car is a POS..no more accurate is: "huge ***** sandwich". The 55 series, really let's broaden this out to most Mercedes after 2003 have had much higher reliability. Many sources out there on that, true enough MB's had some major issues between 99-03 across the board. However, those are older cars. Your quantification is flawed on that.

Then, you lump in all MB's to 2007? Are you kidding? Qualification & quantification bust, 2006-2007 in most models have been pretty solid, let alone the 55 series.

Why the call out on E55's in particular, and you don't even own one? Qualification, again.

As mentioned before, no car is bullet proof or works 100%. All car makers have had some lemons or POS's, or whatever the hell you want to call it. At the end of the day, any car will be a POS if you do not perform regular maintenance on it. I have a 1998 E320 with 195K miles on it that needs it's second water pump as of last week. How is that for reliability?

So my questions to you and any other naysayers is this:

Since the the E55 or MB's for that matter are crap to you, why are you here on this board?

Why are you posting this and don't even own a E55 or any MB for that matter?

Why are you buying an old a$$ MB and not a newer model? Forget about the E55 then, how about a newer 550 series?

You know what, screw it. Why the hell do you even want a Benz period?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Because he is a 47 year old wanna be!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:31 AM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
So you start this thread telling some of the most knowledgable people on the planet that their E55's have terrible quality and reliabillity issues. Specifically 2000-2007 model years are the bad ones and we can do what about this. I mean really, why would you insight this Eddie? Do you really believe you are doing us a service by saying what you did? Do you really believe we collectively don't know the weak points in our cars? I believe you are smarter than this. I believe you are trying to cause trouble for some reason and would like you to respond as to why you are doing this. This is the second time I've asked you for this.

As to your accusations of Emoving; I can assume your trouble causing personality (as demonstrated above) is at it again. Emoving was a great seller to deal with and described the car I bought from him precisely as it was without fluff. I will buy another one from him again in the future so you need to quit bashing him.

To the rest of the members here; could we vote this guy off the island?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
ban the trolllll

ohh and the e39 m5 is alot more reliable than our cars lololololololololol... pos after warenty,good luck.that car will smoke its clutch in a week if you dont baby it.

Last edited by skratch77; 02-06-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 AM

princess diana shoe box
Would you please go find another forum! You have pretty much worn out your welcome. You have nothing good to provide this community and are z big negative vibe around here!

Oh and PS......did you froget I was the 3rd owner your JA! That means I was not privy to the tranny until you actually pointed it out because as you said I ran a AutoCheck because it was what I had. Dont you remember the phone conversation there Eddie. I called the dealer and then they explained that he was very **** and made them put in a new tranny even though they did not think it was necessary. But since he was a long time MB owner he did as they asked and replaced it. Oh, you forgot that part you looser. keep trying to make me look bad but make sure you state ALL the facts. Funny thing the buyer, Hotrod realtor and I talked about it and he bought the car and I am pretty sure he will tell you it was better then expected. But you are a poser, that if you found the right perfect car you would find a miniscule thing not to buy it which is why you have been a poser/lurker/hater here on MBworld. As said, people here are sick of hearing you childish crap so plesase do everyone a favor and just leave. You are not buying an E55 by your own words because they are a "****sandwich" so why on earth do you continue to post here. You are a worthless member that has and never will own a MB unless it is some prehistoric one you can afford.

Hmmm. Mods should be shown this retort of yours.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vote to ban Eddie 500! You cant even answer Hotrods direct question you wana be poser!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:52 AM

princess diana shoe box
This is how stupid you are, its on Carfax you dumbass, and he knew it and I am sure will post here and further more, I am buying the car back because he bought E55 ballers modded car so he gave me first dibs you dousch! Hey Karlson, how is my 06 E55? Do you still like it or did I lie to you about something? Your a poser any ways! You will probally put AMG emblems on your new shoe box.
this one also for the mods.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:53 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
You have pretty much worn out your welcome.

You have nothing good to provide this community!

You are a worthless member.

After reading Eddie 500’s posts, I totally agree with your above assessments.

I know at times it’s difficult to do but maybe everyone should just ignore all his future posts and threads.

It’s very obvious he’s a socially retarded attention seeker and apart from other immaturity problems, possibly jealous of all the nice MB’s here regardless of the list of cars he’s said he’s owned.

Treat him as a leper, ignore any threads he starts or comments he makes, post around him and let him talk to himself.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:53 AM

princess diana shoe box
Originally Posted by Karlson
Haha Marcus, chill out buddy. time to have another captain coke. you seriously taking this guy too serious, did someone anger you? YOur e55 is fine in mine garage
did someone anger you?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:55 AM

princess diana shoe box
Uh oh....the ladies showed up.....time to tone it down and act like gentlemen! heeeeee heeeee
you know better. very shameful
Old 02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sjhugh
After reading Eddie 500’s posts, I totally agree with your above assessments.

I know at times it’s difficult to do but maybe everyone should just ignore all his future posts and threads.

It’s very obvious he’s a socially retarded attention seeker and apart from other immaturity problems, possibly jealous of all the nice MB’s here regardless of the list of cars he’s said he’s owned.

Treat him as a leper, ignore any threads he starts or comments he makes, post around him and let him talk to himself.

+1 Thanks!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 AM

princess diana shoe box
not sure why some take criticism of a brand of car personally.

learn to take your blinders off and see the flip side of the coin.

sheesh....

Helloooooooo
Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
take what blinders off,you come here telling us how crappy our e55s are without even owning one.

I think we have a better idea of how reliable they are from owning them.

go buy one

have it be a pos like you think and tell us of how manythings went wrong with it and then you can talk all the crap you want about them.

I dont post on m3 forums of all the problems Iv had with my m3.

so for now ed just die off of mbworld
Old 02-06-2010, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Interesting thread.
Eddie500, your argument is severely flawed.
As is his existence.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:59 AM

princess diana shoe box
not sure why the insults are continuing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daimler Chrysler build quality questionable....