W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst way to sell a car

Old 02-08-2010, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Use or abuse? I don't abuse any of my cars and most owners of the S & CL's don't, drag racers do not comment, but yet the system keeps failing. I could deal with $5,000 but we are talking $15,000+ at a tad over 60,000 miles. That's not at all acceptable. If I wanted maintenance like that, I would be driving a Ferrari. It would probably be cheaper to maintain and, at least, it would have good resale unlike the S, CL, & SL.

I have always purchased Mercedes because they could rack up the miles in relative ease and could do it safely and without much fuss. I've had 5 Mercedes in the last 6 years and none have been problematic until the ABC equipped car. The ABC system should be recalled and replaced with a more reliable system, period!

My CL had lot's of ABC issues. However, I fixed all the problems before selling my car unlike this guy. I dumped a ton of money into that car repairing all the ABC and other issues that come with the twin-turbo 12. I really feel for this guy because I know exactly what he is going through.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c55
Good point cylinder head. For the 400hp+ bmw's and Mercedes they are being ridden hard and something is going to give.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
That's hilarious. At least the guy is being honest.

Two sides to the coin. One one hand, the guy bought what ANY research would have warned, is a money pit. W220's are the new "it" car for enthusiasts who want a nice big Benz yet don't have the funds to buy when they're newer, and at the same time, for the late-to-the-game, ghetto-fab, underclass "balla's" (this is an unfortunate fate all S-Classes suffer as they get older), as they are still pretty modern, and carry the "S" name, and well.... You can get an amazingly engineered machine, for $12K with some high miles, and better yet, an AMG and/or V12TT version, with 500+ HP, for somewhere in the $20's or less. That's a disgusting load of car for a minimal amount of money. Obviously there's a reason for that.

My S500 had an ABC Suspension, which had ALL struts changed out by the prior owner (MAJOR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), and one side was starting to sit low while on my watch. I sold that B**CH ASAP!!!! Learned my lesson.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by K-A
That's hilarious. At least the guy is being honest.

Two sides to the coin. One one hand, the guy bought what ANY research would have warned, is a money pit. W220's are the new "it" car for enthusiasts who want a nice big Benz yet don't have the funds to buy when they're newer, and at the same time, for the late-to-the-game, ghetto-fab, underclass "balla's" (this is an unfortunate fate all S-Classes suffer as they get older), as they are still pretty modern, and carry the "S" name, and well.... You can get an amazingly engineered machine, for $12K with some high miles, and better yet, an AMG and/or V12TT version, with 500+ HP, for somewhere in the $20's or less. That's a disgusting load of car for a minimal amount of money. Obviously there's a reason for that.

My S500 had an ABC Suspension, which had ALL struts changed out by the prior owner (MAJOR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$), and one side was starting to sit low while on my watch. I sold that B**CH ASAP!!!! Learned my lesson.
LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
maybe m3 addict will buy it since there are no white e55s... here is a white s55 lol