Sponsored by:

Quick tire question concerning TPMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Quick tire question concerning TPMS

Hi All, new to E55 deal and want to order two new front tires. Do I need the Tire Pressure Monitoring System feature for my E55? In other words, Tirerack is asking me for TPMS or non TPMS? Little confused.

Thanks!

Vince
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by sy1616
Hi All, new to E55 deal and want to order two new front tires. Do I need the Tire Pressure Monitoring System feature for my E55? In other words, Tirerack is asking me for TPMS or non TPMS? Little confused.

Thanks!

Vince
Check out this link: http://forms.tireindustry.org/featur..._Time_TPMS.asp

Your E55 no doubt has TPMS. According to the link, all US cars under 10,000 GVW built after Sep 07 must have TPMS and it must be maintained by tire stores, mech shops, etc. So it looks like you don't have to maintain it in your 06 if you don't want to.

I had TPMS battery failure in my 03 and the dealer turned TPMS off for me through STAR Diagnostics upon my request. This might be an option for you if you can find a dealer to do it. If you want to continue your TPMS, tell the tire store you have it and they should take it from there.

by the way, the reason I had TPMS turned off is because the replacement batteries ran $100 to $150 per tire. I find a simple tire gauge to work just fine.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Can tell you this....after ordering TPMS sensors from Parts Geek, whose website states they were compatible with my 04 E55....were not...they sent Siemans....mine takes Beru....can tell you the Siemans wont work for me....trial and error. There is a guy here can tell you what will be compatible with your car...he needs your VIN. Or the stealer can tell you for $55.

Got mine from Luke at Tire Rack.