Sponsored by:

Not a Good day for my E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Not a Good day for my E55

Today I had a business meeting in CT and drove my E55. The ride there was fine with no issues at all. In fact I got there early so me and a colleague decided to get a coffee at Starbucks. I come out an hour later and go to start the car. It turns over and runs for a second then dies. From that point it will not start at all. Definitely not battery related. My guess ignition or fuel related. Any ideas? I sure hope whatever it is is covered by my factory warranty....

To make matters worse, I call Mercedes roadside assistance and they tell me that they will only cover towing to the closed dealership. What good does that do for me since I am over 100 miles away from home? In the end I have to pay $425 to tow the car to Lakeview in Rockville Center. They have the car now and will call me tomorrow after they look it over.

Any common problems with ignition or fuel pump etc? Car is a 2005 with 19,700 miles.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by Mamba003
Today I had a business meeting in CT and drove my E55. The ride there was fine with no issues at all. In fact I got there early so me and a colleague decided to get a coffee at Starbucks. I come out an hour later and go to start the car. It turns over and runs for a second then dies. From that point it will not start at all. Definitely not battery related. My guess ignition or fuel related. Any ideas? I sure hope whatever it is is covered by my factory warranty....

To make matters worse, I call Mercedes roadside assistance and they tell me that they will only cover towing to the closed dealership. What good does that do for me since I am over 100 miles away from home? In the end I have to pay $425 to tow the car to Lakeview in Rockville Center. They have the car now and will call me tomorrow after they look it over.

Any common problems with ignition or fuel pump etc? Car is a 2005 with 19,700 miles.
Search "CPS" very common problem on MBZ.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by Mamba003

Sorry to hear about your issue. This is exactly why I'll NEVER buy a car with less than 50,000 miles! You should have called your insurance company to come tow it for you.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Insurance company said the same thing. I forgot to mention no check engine lights either. Does the CPS throw a code or engine light?