W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 custom pulley`s on , tested and one to go.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
4 custom pulley`s on , tested and one to go.

I have replaced and tested 4 of the 5 pulley`s custom I plan to change out..Just tested the accessory tonight for fit and function.. All perfect fit and function..Even though I had no noticable noise at this point, all the pulley`s and belt run a lot smoother/quiter now..

First, I changed Idler, then the water pump pulley, S/C tensioner pulley and finally the accessory idler pulley..

Going to work on eliminating the S/C clutch and make a smaller S/C pulley.. Custom pulley fees add up but well worth it for me at the end of the day..I really like custom high quality billet pulley`s on my ride and with high speed bearings, can sleep well now.. Also going to have made a custom S/C tesnioner made soon. Few details to work out.. I want some belt slip but still getting more than I can live with..

Stock S/C Idler and plastic Accessory pulley set..

ASP custom S/C idler and Accessory replacement set next to stock set..

Left: Accessory idler. Right: S/C idler pulley

ASP Billet S/C tensioner next to stock metal pulley

Custom light weight billet water pump pulley @ 50% less weight.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Now we're talking
Old 03-01-2010, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current: 2004 E55 Sold:350zTT
In for prices, already have the S/C idler, gorgeous piece.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Audi s6
Right when I just put the crack pipe down and thought the ole addiction was over- u had to show me all this stuff... Looks good!! Might have to see your idea with sc clutch is going to be
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Nice stuff. Is that sand in your engine bay? At first I thought it was metal shavings but its sort of tanish color
Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
That's some really nice and high quality pieces. Are they available to the public or one off made for you?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Viking War Ship
Damn. I kinda would really like a set.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Nice stuff. Is that sand in your engine bay? At first I thought it was metal shavings but its sort of tanish color

I always collected dirt in those grooves and lips.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:23 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by wizos6
Right when I just put the crack pipe down and thought the ole addiction was over- u had to show me all this stuff... Looks good!! Might have to see your idea with sc clutch is going to be
curious about your clutch idea as well...what would the benefit be of eliminating clutch?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:35 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Yes, I opened up some vents in my bottom engine bay shield , as I saw a Cl65 was done this way from the factory.. Now that it has snowed in Houston 3 times this year, they throw fricking sand all over the road.. At least the new slotted pulleys should keep the sand moving.. Going to close vents back up, as my engine is getting nasty and sure don1t want all this Billet and Carbon fiber getting dirty..lol

Forrest Gump 9 That's some really nice and high quality pieces. Are they available to the public or one off made for you?
Yesterday 11:17 PM
I know they have a few S/C idlers in stock and the other pulley`s they said they would take orders on any of them , since they have drawings now.. I am still suprised that these MB pulleys seem to have so many failures.. My other pulley`s did not seem to be bad or noisy but after taking them off and spinning them by hand, could hear gridning factory bearings..

Cal1 was kind enough to ship me his S/C pulley clutch assembly to help the cause.. I have to thank him for the donation to the cause. Next, I will have to go to ASP and beg them to do another custom part for me.. Will let everyone know if it works and if the ECU likes it..