W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dorman control arms (or aftermarket) vs. OEM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 (sold)
Dorman control arms (or aftermarket) vs. OEM?

Will have to be replacing my bushings on the lower control arms in the front. They sell bushing kits, but I could get the whole arm (which includes bushings and ball joints) for about $150 a piece through Dorman, which is about as much as the bushing kit alone. With the whole arm, won't have to pull bushings out, etc. so will save on install. Fleabay has some for about $100 a piece, but made in Turkey and not a whole lot of info on them, so kinda weary. MB list for theirs is about $380 a piece. I figure I will have to replace the ball joints shortly too, so wanted to just get a whole control arm instead. Anyone have experience or feedback on aftermarket control arms.... Dorman or otherwise? Thanks

Last edited by jicl55; 03-06-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
No positive experiences to share regarding Dorman parts - even on minimally-stressed Yankee iron - so I’ll say nothing.

Note the W215 CL’s 215 330 07 07 spring arm does not typically include a ball joint - it’s an integral part of the upright. Its torque arms, 220 330 57 11 (LH) and 220 330 58 11 (RH), are furnished with their ball joints though.

Have fit OEM-supplier Lemförder, Febi Bilstein and Corteco chassis hardware on my German cars with excellent results.
Budget permitting, seems false economy for an enthusiast to skimp on critical suspension components IMHO.