W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest Ebay Scams BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Paypal cannot and should not be held liable or blame, they are a 3rd party payment vendor is all. Do not blame them because you made bad choices in a transaction. This is one of the oldest scams around. Lesson learned and think smarter in the future.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E350 P2 AMG Appearance
Thats crazy
Old 03-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 / 2001 e39 M5
This goes back to 02-03 when i worked for eBay and people would list "XBOX X BOX 360" or something similar, then ship a 5lb brick in an xbox box and ebay/paypal didn't do anything to penalize the sellers...a big part of the reason I don't work for them anymore. Ebay and Paypal suck. It's unfortunate there isn't a strong alternative to online credit card payments from person to person.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by mikekuriger
paypal has always refunded my money when I filed a complaint. is that no longer the case?
Yes, ebay and PayPal still refund money, the problem with this type of scam is who should ebay/PayPal believe, for all they know I could be the one lying about receiving bricks and not wheels...they are put in a difficult position, on one hand they have a seller that has proof of shipment and confirmation of delivery of a package that physically, dimensionally and weight wise are in line with the product I purchased, then I file my claim and say yes, I received a package but it did not contain the product I purchased. Who are they to believe? I really can't blame them but it still sucks. The only defense I can argue is that I have been an ebay member with the same account for over 7 year, I have over 300 transactions and a 100% buyer and seller rating, the clown that ripped me off had 14 transactions.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yes, ebay and PayPal still refund money, the problem with this type of scam is who should ebay/PayPal believe, for all they know I could be the one lying about receiving bricks and not wheels...they are put in a difficult position, on one hand they have a seller that has proof of shipment and confirmation of delivery of a package that physically, dimensionally and weight wise are in line with the product I purchased, then I file my claim and say yes, I received a package but it did not contain the product I purchased. Who are they to believe? I really can't blame them but it still sucks. The only defense I can argue is that I have been an ebay member with the same account for over 7 year, I have over 300 transactions and a 100% buyer and seller rating, the clown that ripped me off had 14 transactions.
Wow, I'm surprised you would buy from someone with that rating. Given your rating of >300 you must have experienced a few bad deals. I only order from merchants with hundreds or even thousands of sales with very few/minor complaints.

Every time I sell, I request an adult signature from UPS.
Even doing this (signature) some people have made claims against me and swore it never arrived.