W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoked a Z06 in front of a 100 stunned Rednecks...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Thericker
big custom lifted Ford 9" rancho suspension w/3" body on 38x16.50 Super Swampers.
Doesn't get more redneck sounding than that! Sounds like a helluva sight.

Cool stories, I love when people who are "bigoted" toward whatever cars they're fanboys of eat their preconceived words/beliefs.

Pissing off rednecks with fast and understated Germans, or super-car Japanese is always amazing fun, to watch, hear of, and of course, do.

Still though, anyone who gives little credit to properly modded Mustangs or Camaro's must be going to different tracks than I did, where you see a Fox Bod, or even newer Stang, going 10's and 11's (or faster) like a yawning norm.

On top of that, even simple LS1 4th gens are no joke, simple bolt-ons and those things can really fly. Not to mention, people have gone 11's in stock C5 Z06's.

I just miss having a "local"-ish track, you guys are lucky. Good times those were.

Last edited by K-A; 03-16-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
Here's what I'm curious to know... how are all these Z06s/GT-Rs/E55s getting away with these 11.4X runs without a cage? Or do you just run once and get kicked out?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Nait Sirhc
Here's what I'm curious to know... how are all these Z06s/GT-Rs/E55s getting away with these 11.4X runs without a cage? Or do you just run once and get kicked out?
Private track rentals!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nait Sirhc

The GT-R got kicked out immediately, though as someone said most of these are private track rentals. Some tracks honestly don't care. If you've ever been to US-41 in Indiana you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's pretty fun to watch rusted-out cars held together with bailing wire and a prayer running 8's(assuming the driveshaft doesn't fly out).

K-A, I give tons of credit to modded American Muscle. In fact, until I got the E-55 I was a diehard F-body and Mustang guy, and in a way I still am. The problem is, there are very few that are "properly modded" at the track(especially back home at the local 1/8th mile), and the majority are lucky to run any better than 13's.

I have nothing against the cars themselves, just the attitude that "ain't nuthin kin touch a Mustang cuz itz a sports car wif hedders an intakes and itz real loud an tuff". I wish I was joking but that's how half the racers talk on any given night(and the track crew usually shows up to work angry, hungover, and half-drunk from the night before).

Man, I think it's time to find a new track. I'd go to Route 66, but i don't feel like waiting in the staging lanes all night just to make 3 passes.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SRT-6
Here it was a private track day and you could run with passengers, without helmets, heck even a turbo Ford crew cab ran with 5 passengers and did a 13 flat! A twin turbo GTO ran 11.4. 3 Vettes in the 11's on street tires. Several supercharged Mustangs from 12 flat and up. A GTR and Suby in the 11's. And all the cars were quality in looks and performance.

Les
Old 03-16-2010, 06:35 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by izzyz28
The GT-R got kicked out immediately, though as someone said most of these are private track rentals. Some tracks honestly don't care. If you've ever been to US-41 in Indiana you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's pretty fun to watch rusted-out cars held together with bailing wire and a prayer running 8's(assuming the driveshaft doesn't fly out).

K-A, I give tons of credit to modded American Muscle. In fact, until I got the E-55 I was a diehard F-body and Mustang guy, and in a way I still am. The problem is, there are very few that are "properly modded" at the track(especially back home at the local 1/8th mile), and the majority are lucky to run any better than 13's.

I have nothing against the cars themselves, just the attitude that "ain't nuthin kin touch a Mustang cuz itz a sports car wif hedders an intakes and itz real loud an tuff". I wish I was joking but that's how half the racers talk on any given night(and the track crew usually shows up to work angry, hungover, and half-drunk from the night before).

Man, I think it's time to find a new track. I'd go to Route 66, but i don't feel like waiting in the staging lanes all night just to make 3 passes.
True. I hate when people are disillusioned like that, especially those redneck types who don't look outside their tiny box. I too was/am a huge muscle-car fan, used to a have some Mustangs. I still lust to get back into 'em, and visit Camaro/Mustang Sites, and its hilarious how they bicker at each other.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by K-A
True. I hate when people are disillusioned like that, especially those redneck types who don't look outside their tiny box. I too was/am a huge muscle-car fan, used to a have some Mustangs. I still lust to get back into 'em, and visit Camaro/Mustang Sites, and its hilarious how they bicker at each other.
Word...Nothing remotely similar goes on here
Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

LOL. Much more classy folks on the M-B Boards, far too much so to resort to that.