Sponsored by:

2004 E55 Purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 Audi A4 2012 E550
2004 E55 Purchase

I am looking at buying an 2004 E55 w/ 72k miles on it. Its a lease return. The guy selling it is co-owner w/ his dad of a MB mechanic shop that also sales MB's (maybe 4-5 on lot at a time). He said they have given it the 120 pt inspection, put new tires on back and done the req. maint. at its mileage level. They are asking 25k. I know he drives it daily w/ his dealer plates on it, that's how i came to notice it. What questions or concerns should I have? Everything i have seen says if possible get a extended warranty as well. Thoughts?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi s6
Probably would ask to see the last service, oil change, fluids flush etc... When pads and rotors were done and see if you can pull service history from local dealer. If you can and have access to paint meter, check panels to see of paint work has been done.
Really mostly important is that you test drive the car, everything feels fine and it puts a smile on your face.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
I have a MUCH better car I will sell you with less than half the miles on it (29K) for only slightly more than that. And it has an E63 front conversion, and the MP/Renntech steering wheel with paddle conversion, and some other no warranty voiding goodies. Oh, and it is still under the MB CPO warranty.

That aside, I don't buy lease cars. I have watched how people treat them. You can do better so keep looking!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I have a 2004 E55, 83K, for $22K in the classifieds right now. Everything works 100%, and all maintenance has been done in the last few months(brake pads, tires, motor/trans. mounts, tranny fluid, etc.). A car coming for a dealership is no guarantee of anything. Well, there is a guarantee that they bought it at an auction for $17K, but other than that there's not much to go on besides service history if you can get ahold of it. Also, if you want an ext. warranty on a car with over 60K, be prepared to spend $$$$$.

Oops, it's not a dealer, it's a mechanic shop. Run away as fast as possible. I trust dealers very little, but the small repair shops that sell cars on the side scare me to death.

If you want a great car at a fair price that is ready to go with 0 issues and an honest owner, send me a PM.
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-2004-e55.html

Old 03-20-2010, 09:06 PM

2007 Audi A4 2012 E550
Thanks guys! I will keep it in mind!! I'm waiting for some stocks to bounce in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on SOMX guys... already up 120% from wed. close. FDA approval on insomnia drug that is not listed as a narcotic and no issues like ambien or lunesta... low float... could easily see share prices at 25-40 w/ partnership or buyout. Just a heads up. Market Manipulators and shorters/daytraders worked on it Friday. But its going to be strong. A lot like DNDN was last year at this time.
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2010, 10:42 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
+1 For Blacksport350's car... Enthusiast with a car priced right, Low miles, CPO, and head start on some really great mods...

Some advice, You do NOT want to own this car without a warranty... BlackSport350 is an enthusiast that cares about the attention to detail. You want to buy a car from someone like him, I would stay away from any lease return. People treat a rental car way different than a car they own. Also ANY car you buy, Pay for and have your OWN third party dealer Pre Purchase Inspection completed. it will cost you $100-$150 depending on the dealer. Money well spent even if it fails. Getting a car with a bunch of problems could make that great deal turn into a nightmare and cost you a fortune. I have walked away from many cars over the years even after slapping down a couple hundred bucks to get them checked out. It's a small price to pay. Do not rely on the word of a salesman or anyone for that matter that says they "had" it done and it checked out. It's all about preserving margin and doing the bare minimum to get it sold. You're getting so much car for the price, however one failure like one strut can set you back thousands. Get a car with CPO or make 100% sure you can get a Chrysler Service contract warranty another ($3K)

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 03-20-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, 911 Carrera, CLK350 Cab, Expedition - kid mover & huntin' truck
Hmmm - inquiry for car advice turns into a stock pitch???
Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 AM

2007 Audi A4 2012 E550
Thanks for the heads up Sandoval. I appreciate you saying all those things. I just can't believe the abilityto get a near 100k car a few years later for around 30k...especially with this type of high performance!
Old 03-21-2010, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sok454
Thanks for the heads up Sandoval. I appreciate you saying all those things. I just can't believe the abilityto get a near 100k car a few years later for around 30k...especially with this type of high performance!
Yes, the E55 is one of the real steals out there in performance vehicles. I have had mine for 2 1/2 years which is a miracle considering the last time I owned a car for more than a year was over 10 years ago!

The SL65 is another steal, as are the M6, and the 996 Turbo.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know this is not a for sale thread but I woke up this morning with 8 PM's that could only have come from this thread asking for details:

2003 w/29,000 Miles
MB CPO Warranty to Aug 2010
Tectite over Black/Merlot w/antracite wood
EVERY '03 option except for Pano and KeylessGo (didn't want the trouble) so:
Parktronic
Distronic
Adaptive Seats
Blue Tooth Puck
Rear Power Sunshade
Power Trunk Closer
Lighting Package
Suede Headliner
And more

Mods:

E63 Front Conversion (done as factory with every part down to the last screw)
E63 Trunk Lip
7" Heat Exchanger
Johnson CM030 Pump
Eisenmann Exhaust
MP Sport Wheel w/E63 Paddle Conversion (perfect and looks/works like OEM)
Toyo T1R Tires (lots of tread)
Wheels Custom Finished (Silver-Mercury color)
Porterfield Pads
Lighted AMG Sills
VRP Corbon S/C Cover
Secondary Standalone Bluetooth System (last owner added this so he could talk on the phone AND listen to the radio)
And plenty of little stuff I'm forgetting.

NEVER any boost mods, ECU flashes. No racing history, adult owned, kid free, and pet free.

The car is in excellent condition with NO dings, scratches, dents, scrapes underneath front lip, fading or front lights, cracks in wood, etc. Maybe about 10 rock chips on the entire car as it has Clear bra everywhere. Needs nothing as brakes, tires and maintenance have been performed above average. Wheels are in excellent condition except for minor marks from mounting/dismounting tires.

Just a nice well loved E55 that needs a good home.

It was previously suggested that $28K would be a good price for this car but I think Sandoval is going to take my exhaust and engine cover which would drop the price to $26K. I will not remove ANY other parts off the car.