W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 Tuned by LET/EUROCHARGED - Tampa 3/20

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Sweet ride! Could it make more power on stock 18" or not much different with the 20"?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manufacturer
those are some bad *** numbers, your car is simply a beast!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
you still were only trapping 113 with 470 whp though right?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 PM

Audi s6
Well yes and no....I installed a heat exchanger before I went out to see Tony bc I wanted to keep my IAT under control and figured it was zapping my power in higher speeds.
With my stock tune I ran a best 116 trap - with a different tune my best was a 114.
The car feels like it will run probably a 120-122 right now but I think the 20' wheels also kill what times and speeds I really shoud make.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
I would sue Eurocharged for the broken wheel Warren! You just had is dynoed this week to it is probally their fault!
LOL

To the OP... beautiful car and great numbers from Tony!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Audi s6
I wanted to post an update on the car.

I had fixed the wheel - it took 3 whole days of driving on a spare with in comfort mode and not above 60mph...It drove me nutz after knowing I just got tuned...The great thing was seeing my gas mileage at 19mpg. You really save a lot of gas by not hitting WOT 10 times day

Well today I got to get on it some more and - whooooollly sh!+
The car has much more power now. It pulls way harder and seems to get faster the faster you go..Its a crazy feeling. I noticed now as well when I floor it and get off the gas its like slamming the brakes. Basically the car is building a lot of boost and I have to figure out a better way to gradually let off the gas..But thats really hard when you realized you are going wayyy to fast and need to slow down quickly.

Its been a few hundred miles already and I have had no issues with the Tune. I am going out of town this weekend and will bring the beast...Wife is really going to be in for a treat!!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:28 AM

e 55 amg
hello guys, I just installed the kit in Italy eurocharged water pump, heat exchanger and pulley 180 on my e 55 amg. the car is very fast, but I would have a better flow at low speeds below 2000 rpm. The evosport produces the new pulley 177. Simon says it weighs 7.3 lbs and that makes a big difference at low speeds, even the old 168 evosport weighed only 7 lbs. The Eurocharged pulley 180 weighs little more than 9 lbs, in any case it is a very good product. What do you think of the new pulley evosport 177?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by wizos6
As for Air Fuel Ratios- Tony will post those if it is appropriate.
Keep in mind that the concerns people have with them are with two items (setting aside missing items and shipping issues). One being the A/F mixture and here you say it is not available which is interesting. How could you or anyone else dyno their car and not be interested in the A/F mixture? This goes hand in hand with the hp/tq numbers and I'm not talking about a separate A/F printout but on the same page.

Secondly, they apparently block sensor data which is used to protect the motor. I have asked them to comment on these claims on another thread to which they have not. Red flag again.

So while you may be pleased, it is what is lurking behind the scenes that is scaring people away from them. I also have a tune from them and feel I am running on a time bomb waiting to go off. Sure it makes more power, but for how long.......

That is the question. I hope you and certainly myself do not have any engine trouble that have plagued others, but for myself I will be getting a tune from elsewhere shortly. I'm sure they are nice guys, but nice has nothing to do with engine longevity.

Sorry, not trying to rain on your parade, just sharing the facts.

Last edited by pearlpower; 05-11-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:59 PM

e 55 amg
my car has ecu tuned so A/F is correct
Old 05-11-2010, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55 redolfi
my car has ecu tuned so A/F is correct
Are you assuming that your AFR's are correct because you have a ECU tune? Please don't assume this just because someone told you so, big mistake. I trust my tuner hands down but I logged every single dyno pull the last time out, no assumptions here. Good luck!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:41 PM

Audi s6
My car was dynoed with obvious A/F ratios taken into account. Those numbers were studied by and were kept on the laptop that Eurocharged was using when fine tuning the car.
The graph that was posted was that of the shop and of the Dyno used to gather results. That graph which was given to me also showed the sniffer attachment to my exhaust. That is why I do not have other information for you. I have not asked for, requested or even really bothered to ask Tony for those A/F ratios but saw him carefully studying them when tuning.
I decided to trust Eurocharged performance not only because of their customer service given to me and their openiness to answer my boat-load of questions - but because I spoke directly to Jerry and he gave me a great deal and even offered a payment plan to allow me to afford the tune and not "pi$$" off the wife...
They are very nice and down to earth people who do business the way I prefer. Shake hands, make a deal and then move a long. I am sorry that other people had issues in the past but that does not relate to my experience.
I do appreciate the fact that other forum members look out for people like me. I obviously do not have the knowledge or even claim to be as smart. The fact that you warn other people and in a positive way is very cool and I thank you for that.

I will do my due dilegence and check my car from time to time. But for now, my car is running very well and the only issues I seem to be having are related to rim and tires-(Shi77y roads)
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Originally Posted by wizos6
My car was dynoed with obvious A/F ratios taken into account. Those numbers were studied by and were kept on the laptop that Eurocharged was using when fine tuning the car.
The graph that was posted was that of the shop and of the Dyno used to gather results. That graph which was given to me also showed the sniffer attachment to my exhaust. That is why I do not have other information for you. I have not asked for, requested or even really bothered to ask Tony for those A/F ratios but saw him carefully studying them when tuning.
I decided to trust Eurocharged performance not only because of their customer service given to me and their openiness to answer my boat-load of questions - but because I spoke directly to Jerry and he gave me a great deal and even offered a payment plan to allow me to afford the tune and not "pi$$" off the wife...
They are very nice and down to earth people who do business the way I prefer. Shake hands, make a deal and then move a long. I am sorry that other people had issues in the past but that does not relate to my experience.
I do appreciate the fact that other forum members look out for people like me. I obviously do not have the knowledge or even claim to be as smart. The fact that you warn other people and in a positive way is very cool and I thank you for that.

I will do my due dilegence and check my car from time to time. But for now, my car is running very well and the only issues I seem to be having are related to rim and tires-(Shi77y roads)
Keep us posted, and have fun in the meantime.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 PM

2002 Dodge Viper, 2003 E55
Nice numbers.

Is anything special required for dynoing these cars? I am looking to get some base line numbers this weekend and the guy at the performance shop said to figure out if anything needs to be done to do it. I guess I figured that one would just put it in manual mode and do 4th gear pulls. Does traction control need to be turned off or anything like that?

Also, I have seen people dyno in 3rd and 4th gears. Which one is the best one to use?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:08 AM

e 55 amg
you're right every preparation is a risk to the engine. In fact I had a pulley 161 installed by Italian tuner Redolfi, held for 50 k then I wanted to exaggerate. Redolfi has discouraged me, not just the engine but the gearbox and differential. I have installet this big pulley but I am thinking to change it with a 168 Evosport with less risks