Airmatic question 06 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Airmatic question 06 E55

BTW, I tried doing a search

I have an 06 E55 and according to the manual, the car will lower after it's turned off. My car does this once in a while, usually within 20-30 seconds of locking the doors. Why only occasionally? Suspension is on sport 2 btw, never changed. generally my car is pretty level but once in a while the front, when parked, is a bit higher....without doing anything different. Thoughts please, thanks!
Old 04-03-2010, 04:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
this is an uncontrollable and random characteristic of the airmatic system... it is constantly reading vehicle height and speed, and adjusts accordingly... my vehicle is the same way, but it's completely normal... for the longest time, i had my airmatic set to comfort, and the suspension would always lower roughly 10-15 seconds after locking the car... then, one day i changed it to sport 2 and it rarely does it now... i found that when i have more passengers than normal in the vehicle will cause it to lower when locking.

the same goes for when i unlock the vehicle, you can sometimes hear, and see the system adjust itself...